Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2020- One Day at a Time

Replies

• brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited January 2020
    Old habit: 1-4 drinks/evening.
    Goal: Ease into only drinking on weekends! Consistantly be AF 5 days a week.

Jan 5- 2 drinks
    Jan 6- 1 drink
    Jan 7- AF 😁
    Jan 8- AF 😁
    Jan 9- AF 😁
    Jan 10- None work night! 4 drinks
    Jan 11- AF :D
    Jan 12- 1 drink
    Jan 13- AF :D
    Jan 14- 3.5 drinks. Whoops! These snow days are throwing me off lol
    Jan 15- 1 drink. Ok, today is the day! Need to be AF. I do a weight check on Friday mornings with a group of ladies on Facebook. Drinking alcohol the night before weighing in will make me retain water. So that will help me refrain :)
    Jan 16- AF :D

6 AF Days / 12 Days
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    The Daybreak app evolved from the Hello Sunday Morning forum in Australia. One of the downsides is that it isn't free, though many people have found it quite helpful. Those of us who were using the HelloSundayMorning.org free site created a community site for those looking to change their relationship with alcohol by joining other like-minded people at www.newdayforme.org. It is free, safe, no advertising and open to anyone looking to cut down, moderate or quit drinking altogether. Though many start out cutting down, most eventually choose to quit and find that is the best for them.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    Good morning or evening to everyone.
    So many wonderful posts to read.
    Here is what I am really enjoying....the THOUGHT, the PLANNING, the AWARENESS, the MOTIVATION, the shared INSPIRATIONS of each and every post. Even if you have slipped up or have not made your goal for a particular day, you are still in here moving forward. it says alot of how much you want this.

It is my absolute pleasure, to those giving me kudos. I am right along side each of you with all the same struggles and bumps and successes, smiles and hopes.
    In one week I will be calling this thread home for two straight years. I began by cruising the message boards one evening back in January 2018...looking for a needle in a hay stack. For people that had a passion for the same thing I was interested in, and I found this forum.
    It was at that time hosted by @RubyRed427 who I believe took the reins from another person 2017 and prior. Not sure how long it has been a part of the MFP community. But as you can see there is still much desire to come here and be a part of our quest.

Have a wonderful weekend.
  • MissMay
    edited January 2020
    NewMeTomG wrote: »
    The Daybreak app evolved from the Hello Sunday Morning forum in Australia. One of the downsides is that it isn't free, though many people have found it quite helpful. Those of us who were using the HelloSundayMorning.org free site created a community site for those looking to change their relationship with alcohol by joining other like-minded people at www.newdayforme.org. It is free, safe, no advertising and open to anyone looking to cut down, moderate or quit drinking altogether. Though many start out cutting down, most eventually choose to quit and find that is the best for them.

Welcome and thank you for the information and links @NewMeTomG. I get the free Hello Sunday Morning updates on my FB page, I like it very much. There is also another favorite of mine Mydrinkaware out of the UK (I am in the USA). Free also. I enjoy the interactiveness of being able to click in my non drinking day or number of drinks I consumed for each day. It will calculate money saved, calories saved, number of drinks consumed compared to the previous 28 days and so much more. Can never have to many resources or ways to help no matter the situation.
  • wine_n_weights
    wine_n_weights Posts: 253 Member
    Womona wrote: »
    9/16 AF days for me! I definitely look better when I don’t drink (vanity, thy name is Woman!). Less puffy and haggard the next day- and this is even with one drink!

Tomorrow night we are meeting friends for dinner, but going to a “really cool bar” beforehand. Great. Normally I can nurse one glass of wine through an entire dinner. This bar thing puts a monkey wrench into the works. My plan is to EITHER have a drink at the bar and no wine at dinner, or an AF drink at bar, and wine with my meal. Either way, I can’t handle more than one, and I know I’m going to be the driver. Wish me luck!

Sounds like a good plan - you've got this!
  • wine_n_weights
    wine_n_weights Posts: 253 Member
    @shorepine - I get that - a special night. Hope you get to go and if so, have a wonderful time!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I just made it to 16 for December.

Wednesday January 01 - 3 drinks
    Thursday January 02 - 3 drinks
    Friday January 03 - AF
    Saturday January 04 - AF - Had to delay and delay and delay today, really wanted to have drinks...but I didn't.
    Sunday January 05 - 3 drinks
    Monday January 06 - AF
    Tuesday January 07 - 3 drinks. Although I have skipped some Tuesdays in the past, it is my designated drink day. I felt off the rails today and know that I need to make some changes with jobs, because the Tuesdays are increasingly just too much for me. Tough to find another job at 59, but the stress is ridiculous. That first sip of alcohol was nicely numbing. I know intellectually that it is not the best way to decompress, but it certainly is surefire and quick.
    Wednesday January 08 - AF
    Thursday January 09 - 3 drinks - worked early morning until 8pm today, started thinking by 7pm of having a drink when I got home after a grueling day...and I did. I sure am not racking up many AF days this month so far! I know that I won't get rid of that 5 pound gain over the holidays (which took me 7 months to lose!) unless I stop the alcohol. Work in progress.
    Friday January 10 - AF. Planned wine tomorrow evening with a friend.
    Saturday January 11 - Wine and Brandy. The conversation flowed so easily as those of you who have imbibed in alcohol know how that goes. I was pretty good about having a water in between each drink, that made me feel as if I was "drinking less". Ready to get serious about racking up some AF days soon.
    Sunday January 12 - AF
    Monday January 13 - AF
    Tuesday January 14 - 3 drinks. Pretty much 1 for 1. Going to try to do a little better. No regrets for having drinks tonight. I am never going to be an abstainer, but definitely want to drink less.
    Wednesday January 15 - AF - halfway to the lower end of my goal for the month.
    Thursday January 16 - 3 drinks - wanted the 4th, but knew that it would make me throw up, so didn't. I need to get back to at least 2 AF days in a row every time.
    Friday January 17 - AF

Running tally: 9AF days out of 17 days so far.
  • MissMay
    Hello and chilly morning to you all.

@Womona good luck at your dinner tonight and that really cool bar. You sound strong with a plan ahead of time.

@Stockholm_Andy nothing wrong with being enthusiastic Love it, keep it going.

@brittgreenlikethecolor88 how did your Friday weigh day turn out?

@shorepine date nights should be embraced and enjoyed. Hope yours was all that.

@lilann1961, @dawnbgethealthy and @BuffMom84 racking up AF days. 😊😊😊

Welcome and congrats @joanthemom8 on your less alcohol path. Amazing how many unaccounted for calories there is in alcohol. Nice work it is so worth it.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    I finally racked up some consecutive AF days This week. Currently sitting at 7 AF and 9 A for the month. With some of the other events - work and social I have for the remainder of the month I’m aiming for 12 AF.

Weekend plans - have a dinner party tonight and nervously watching football on Sunday, Go Chiefs!
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    I thought I was going to have a drink today as I have a rest day tomorrow, but it's past 7.30 and I'm not sure I can be bothered.