Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

1666768697072»

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,136Member Member Posts: 8,136Member Member
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I would for sure if you can give me a sub for the protein powder. I don't need it otherwise and am not going to buy it just for this since I would waste the rest. Looks amazing and tasty though for sure! Keep up the good work with your amazing recipes though and pics. Love it.

Without it? Simple. Add same amount of flour or half the amount of oat fiber. Calories and macros will be way off ofcourse. The texture will also suffer.
  • laurenebargarlaurenebargar Posts: 1,248Member Member Posts: 1,248Member Member
    I would for sure if you can give me a sub for the protein powder. I don't need it otherwise and am not going to buy it just for this since I would waste the rest. Looks amazing and tasty though for sure! Keep up the good work with your amazing recipes though and pics. Love it.

You can buy little sample pack at most grocery stores, I buy two little packs, around $4 total and it gives me exactly enough for this recipe!
  • mockchocmockchoc Posts: 6,206Member Member Posts: 6,206Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Without it? Simple. Add same amount of flour or half the amount of oat fiber. Calories and macros will be way off ofcourse. The texture will also suffer.

Thanks and to lurenbargar I've not noticed sample packs in Australia but then I wasn't looking. I will now. Ta :)
  • gemiller87gemiller87 Posts: 137Member, Premium Member Posts: 137Member, Premium Member
    After making the Ricotta version of just_Tomek's recipe I decided to give this one a go. I made no changes to the ingredients list besides one package of raspberries mixed in right at the end. I like this one more than the ricotta one (i prefer the cream cheese resulting texture over the "sponge cake" type texture of the Ricotta version. Again a hit, everyone loves it that has tried it even those I know not on a healthier lifestyle change were impressed with the nutritional data for the taste! I will definitely replicate this in the future, a nice health solution for breakfast/brunch meal during work hours for me!

dlznjcokkcxy.jpg
    1aqwa0rh7rxo.jpg
    bxcn4ivaxx0z.jpg
    yavuz1adjp2g.jpg

• ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 1,045Member Member Posts: 1,045Member Member
    gemiller87 wrote: »
    After making the Ricotta version of just_Tomek's recipe I decided to give this one a go. I made no changes to the ingredients list besides one package of raspberries mixed in right at the end. I like this one more than the ricotta one (i prefer the cream cheese resulting texture over the "sponge cake" type texture of the Ricotta version. Again a hit, everyone loves it that has tried it even those I know not on a healthier lifestyle change were impressed with the nutritional data for the taste! I will definitely replicate this in the future, a nice health solution for breakfast/brunch meal during work hours for me!

dlznjcokkcxy.jpg
    1aqwa0rh7rxo.jpg
    bxcn4ivaxx0z.jpg
    yavuz1adjp2g.jpg

That's good to know; I'll try this one next. :) If I added pumpkin would that ruin the texture? But then I'd have to sweeten it too and hate to add more calories.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

That's good to know; I'll try this one next. :) If I added pumpkin would that ruin the texture? But then I'd have to sweeten it too and hate to add more calories.

Yes it would change the texture, it might be too runny. Protein powder is what flavours the cake here. Nothing else. So if you want chocolate cheesecake, get chocolate powder, if you want pumpkin, get pumpkin spice etc.

Looks perfect!!! :)
    An yes both cheesecakes are different from each other. This is more like a real cheesecake whereas the other is more like a Japanese style, light and airy.

Next to try should be the V2 of this using cottage cheese.
    edited December 2019
  • pippo_11pippo_11 Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    Hey, so I'm a bit slow - it's only taken me 3 years to find this recipe! Don't have a 6" cake pan, so this went is an 8" (20cm) instead. It's a bit squat...
    d2glmxd76w09.jpg

...but I tarted it up and it's respectable...
    tstpptsfe3cp.jpg

I put in 100g of blueberries, but I'll do 200g next time. I've cut mine into 8ths, less kJ per serve, and more serves - WIN, WIN I say!!!

Thank you Tomek! It's delicious!
    @pippo_11 great stuff!!!
    I have the ricotta cheesecake in the oven as I type this :)
  • ZipbskyZipbsky Posts: 99Member Member Posts: 99Member Member
    Has anyone tried making this in an instantpot? I am very interested in how that would work..
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    Has anyone tried making this in an instantpot? I am very interested in how that would work..

#1. Why?
    #2. try air fryer.
    #3. Get out.
  • ZipbskyZipbsky Posts: 99Member Member Posts: 99Member Member
    Instantpot cheesecakes look so much better, aesthetically than the cheesecakes I've made in the past. Also, I have a new toy and I wanna use it that's why.
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    Instantpot cheesecakes look so much better, aesthetically than the cheesecakes I've made in the past. Also, I have a new toy and I wanna use it that's why.

Then maybe use it for its intended purpose which baking is definitely not ;)
    Or better yet, make it in the IP and tell us how it turned out.
    edited January 31
  • busyPKbusyPK Posts: 3,352Member Member Posts: 3,352Member Member
    I use to make V1 cheesecake weekly and it's been about a year and I made it last night. It's just as yummy as I remember (especially with some PB2 mixed with light whipped cream on top). Thanks again!