WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,008 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    I'm a bit unsure about where my own weight will end up this week. It has been really erratic all week - in spite of eating rather evenly and getting at least some decent exercise.

@jugar I feel the same, but I have way more the 5 to still lose. When I saw my numbers on the scale last week, I had to check three times because it was a happy number. Well, this whole week, when I've checked, I am no where near that number. I weighed in at 192.9 and it's been in the 194 range this whole week. Now, I'm afraid I'm going to show a gain this week and be in the red. :( . Hope not, but I just don't know. Tonight, I went over my calories the first time this week. I did hit my steps of 8k. Oh well, we will see on Saturday. Here's hoping...

Yep, it's a kinda red week for me - last week I actually recorded a weight slightly higher than on the scale, because it was weirdly too low, but this week I'm up 0.1 from there. That's way better than yesterday when it was .8 higher than this! But in any case, it looks like a basic maintain for the week, which is fine. Hibernation, y'know.

So thanks to those of you who are super green! @conleywoods you are the top loser for the week so far with @ElleBellesTheoBear close on your heels. But there are 9 more to go for the week, so the race will certainly be close!

Those of us in the red have you all to thank for our still positive team results - and that is perfectly normal. Last week there were a couple of people who lost around 4 pounds, so this week they probably won't lose much or at all. It all evens up and hopefully everyone finishes the month down from the beginning. :smiley:
  • jugar
    PW 182
    CW 184.6

I knew it was a gain, but I don't think it's actual weight... I'll be honest this is getting quite frustrating... It would be nice to break that 180 barrier, but I don't think it's ever going to happen...

Some good news, my husband used to have his own business (he closed it in August after his heart issues) and was hit with an OSHA fine, but he shouldn't have been because he was a sole prop and works by himself, and those standards are to protect employees from employers who don't care.. Anyway, We've been fighting this for 9 months, and of course can't afford an attorney like the big firms do... Anyway, I wrote an email to our Governor and now am in an email convo with the 3 heads of our state OSHA to get the fines and citations removed... Keep your fingers crossed for us !

Do you want me to record this one for you, or keep you on hold as you asked in a previous message? Either way is fine...

And you ARE going to break that 180 barrier.

Hoping for you and your husband that you don't have to pay that fine!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,356 Member
    TGIF
    Slept in this am an hour past usual, then headed to gym so could at least use the jacuzzi. Got there and parking lot empty; turns out they were closed until midmorning, so telling myself really glad enjoyed that warm bed today.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    PW 172.4
    CW 175.4

Boy when I screw up I totally blow it. I really didn’t have a bad week so I dont know why I gained this much. Being stuck in the house so much with icy weather isn’t helping anything!! Anyway I know what I need to do. Sorry I messed up your green numbers!!
  • jugar
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    PW 172.4
    CW 175.4

Boy when I screw up I totally blow it. I really didn’t have a bad week so I dont know why I gained this much. Being stuck in the house so much with icy weather isn’t helping anything!! Anyway I know what I need to do. Sorry I messed up your green numbers!!

You are not alone! The crazy deep freeze and being stuck inside with ice outside will do it every time. I really saw it this week when I was not outside as much as usual. Keep on having a good week and it will turn around - back to the green. hang in there!
  • jugar
    cory17 wrote: »
    TGIF
    Slept in this am an hour past usual, then headed to gym so could at least use the jacuzzi. Got there and parking lot empty; turns out they were closed until midmorning, so telling myself really glad enjoyed that warm bed today.

No jacuzzi? And you got out of bed? Someone owes you one...
  • mrs_chivonne
    mrs_chivonne Posts: 45 Member
    PW: 155.5
    CW: 157.0

Sorry guys ☹️ it’s been a rough week for me. This has always been my main problem not having a routine for school. I haven’t messed up on eating anything bad like I’m used to lol my problem is I’m not eating enough and especially drinking enough while at work/clinicals. Not having enough time to sit down and eat is challenging at the moment and I totally didn’t exercise at all this week. Next week will be better. I know I can do this!
  • jugar
    PW: 155.5
    CW: 157.0

Sorry guys ☹️ it’s been a rough week for me. This has always been my main problem not having a routine for school. I haven’t messed up on eating anything bad like I’m used to lol my problem is I’m not eating enough and especially drinking enough while at work/clinicals. Not having enough time to sit down and eat is challenging at the moment and I totally didn’t exercise at all this week. Next week will be better. I know I can do this!

you certainly can! And work is horrible sometimes - exercise feels like one more obligation when you're already overburdened, and if you don't eat enough all day, you just want to eat. Make a solid plan and see what works, and what doesn't - you'll find a way!
  • mrs_chivonne
    mrs_chivonne Posts: 45 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    you certainly can! And work is horrible sometimes - exercise feels like one more obligation when you're already overburdened, and if you don't eat enough all day, you just want to eat. Make a solid plan and see what works, and what doesn't - you'll find a way!

I really needed to hear that...thank you!!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    I think the Earth’s gravity increased this week. 😉🙃 It’s only a temporary glitch. It will be back to its normal gravitational pull next week hopefully.
  • jugar
    Well, Friday is coming to a close where I live, and here is what is needed to be able to close WEEK 2.

Remaining Friday weigh-ins:
    @AmyRobF
    @mbutler2013
    @robertefortier536

HEADS UP for Saturday! Make sure these are all in by the end of the day, ready to tally up:
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor

No matter what gravitational waves are doing on your part of the planet, just send in the number, and we'll all deal with it! Good, bad, or whatever - send them on in. Then, when you have done that - check out the next post and have fun with it!
  • jugar
    Here is a fun thing that Team Shrinking Assets has been doing for a couple of days. I thought we might need a bit of quirky info about each other - you never know when it might come in handy!
    5r2knbbmvavr.png

I'm thinking...
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 209
    CW 209
  • robertefortier536
    robertefortier536 Posts: 10 Member
    PW 182.8
    CW 183.2
  • micki48
    Steppers, I am missing a lot of steps. Blanks in the middle of the week when other days have been reported. I may have missed it, but I really did look. Promise.

@ddmiddleton2 - all week
    @KellyBgetsfit - Monday on
    @YinxFed - Wednesday on
    @Gidgitgoescrazy - Thursday on
    @evangsimmons170 All week (I know you post all at once at the end of the week)
    @fourathomej - Thursday on
    @cedarfoxy - Wednesday on
    @Steph1498 - Thursday on
    @mrsjar5311 - Monday (did I miss this?)
    @evelynladams527 - Wednesday

• micki48
    edited January 2020
    Here is a fun thing that Team Shrinking Assets has been doing for a couple of days. I thought we might need a bit of quirky info about each other - you never know when it might come in handy!
    5r2knbbmvavr.png

1. I had my best stepping day since I've been tracking today. 15,037 right now.
    2. I got married when I was 19 and have been married 36 years. I said yes after dating him a month and a half. (Geez, that's crazy!)
    3. I am a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers (lost 50 pounds in 1992), but haven't been back there in years.
    4. My favorite place is Point Lobos State Park near Carmel, California.
    5. I have been an aunt since I was 3 and 1/2. @AmyRobF was the flower girl in my wedding and I was the flower girl in her mother's (my sister) wedding.
  • jugar
    PW 182.8
    CW 183.2
    Hi Robert - I had your last week weight as 183.2 - so you stayed the same, according to that. Is that right? Your starting weight was 186. Thanks!
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    5r2knbbmvavr.png
    1. I had my best stepping day since I've been tracking today. 15,037 right now.
    2. I got married when I was 19 and have been married 36 years. I said yes after dating him a month and a half. (Geez, that's crazy!)
    3. I am a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers (lost 50 pounds in 1992), but haven't been back there in years.
    4. My favorite place is Point Lobos State Park near Carmel, California.
    5. I have been an aunt since I was 3 and 1/2. @AmyRobF was the flower girl in my wedding and I was the flower girl in her mother's (my sister) wedding.

#1 - fabulous! That is indeed an amazing day for steps. Wear the tiara!
    If you had been my daughter getting married at 19 after a month and a half, I might have shut you in your room for a few months. Glad it worked out!!
This discussion has been closed.