40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done! with Vest ,Sandbags, Dumbbells & EZ bar!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    This ole girl took a hot yoga class and officially exhausted. Keep up the great work kids.

I do miss the odd hot yoga experience!

I lifted yesterday and am sore, today, but not major DOMs because I did lower my weights and raise my sets.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Glad to hear you were back at it @Beeps2011 . WTG!

I have continued to workout. x-country skied on Sunday. It was a 10k ski with the first have being mostly uphill. Oh my arms! I could not believe how tired my arms got. It could be that they were sore from lifting, but truthfully, I think I have just gotten so out of shape. Ugh.

Monday, the week started out with workout classes which have been great. Last night was an hour of Pilates which l is always so beneficial. HIIT Pilates tonight followed by total fit boot camp. Tomorrow is 1 on 1 with the trainer. We have a weekend of fun outdoor activities planned as well.

Am doing all I can, and going to bed early to make sure I get enough sleep to recover each day. Will be away as of Feb. 1 for 3 full weeks, which kinda sucks as I will probably lose everything am working toward, however, once back, my plan is to jump right back in. It is vacation so, not totally sucky. :wink:

@Djproulx , hats off to you man! I am envious of your drive to do those races. I can see my old self in you and at times wish I was inspired to do that all again. Maybe one day. This year, I will hit my 6th decade, so.....not sure that drive will show up any time soon. :lol:
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

sdereski wrote: »

@Djproulx , hats off to you man! I am envious of your drive to do those races. I can see my old self in you and at times wish I was inspired to do that all again. Maybe one day. This year, I will hit my 6th decade, so.....not sure that drive will show up any time soon. :lol:

You all are more inspiration than you know. I struggle to maintain that drive all the time. I climbed a mountain back in 2012, but I didn't reach the summit because I was not in peak condition. It has always nagged at me that I did not finish the climb. I need to make that my goal for this year,
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Friday...another week down...I was pretty terrible about my workouts this week, but I did keep food on target except for margarita night, and the weekend will be full of activity and some extra sleep (I hope).
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Friday kids, I am squatted and deadlifted out. My coach wants me to forgo the March competition and focus on one in May. I will listen and train even harder for this event. Have a good weekend everyone.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,695 Member
    Good news: I lifted twice in the last three days.

Bad news: They are the first two gym days in 2020. Two days lifting in three weeks...ugh.

Monday will be leg day, and am thinking I'll just put in deadlifts in place of SDL and hip thrusts, since I've yet to actually do four lifting days in a week and thus never get to my DL day. But regardless, I'm up two pounds from last time I weighed myself (a couple days before New Year's), so I gotta get back into doing something regularly.
  • tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    So happy to have found this thread. I have struggled with weight gain over the last 4- 6 years that I just assumed was because of the 40’s. I’m 42. Last year diagnosed with Hoshimotos and have just continued to struggle. This last November I finally got agressive with my dietary changes the doctor asked me to do (No Gluten, No Sugar) and rediscovered my love and habit of working out. I’m down 10 lbs and have another 10-20 to go. Love waking up with sore abs this morning from my great workout yesterday!
  • tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

I have packed my gym bag for tomorrow. With my weight-training shoes and my binder with workouts to mark-up.

I love the idea of taking a binder with workouts. I have been consistently lifting a few days a week for the last few months but have thought about a solid order/plan for each lifting day would be helpful. Did you make your own?
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member

Maybe one day. This year, I will hit my 6th decade, so.....not sure that drive will show up any time soon. :lol:

@sdereski, I hear ya loud and clear. I will say that there's nothing like signing up for an event that scares the cr*p out of you as a way to drive focus and commitment. Don't think, just do. And don't let your youth deter you from setting a very challenging goal. If an old fart like me can do it, a youngster like you will kick butt.

..... I struggle to maintain that drive all the time. I climbed a mountain back in 2012, but I didn't reach the summit because I was not in peak condition. It has always nagged at me that I did not finish the climb. I need to make that my goal for this year,

@alteredsteve175 Those things bug me, too. When I don't perform at a level I expect, I just can't let it go and move on. Sounds like you have a great goal for 2020. Look forward to reading your climbing report.

• alteredsteve175
    Happy Friday kids, I am squatted and deadlifted out. My coach wants me to forgo the March competition and focus on one in May. I will listen and train even harder for this event. Have a good weekend everyone.

Here's to giving it your all in that May comp!
  • alteredsteve175
    Djproulx wrote: »

Maybe one day. This year, I will hit my 6th decade, so.....not sure that drive will show up any time soon. :lol:

@sdereski, I hear ya loud and clear. I will say that there's nothing like signing up for an event that scares the cr*p out of you as a way to drive focus and commitment. Don't think, just do. And don't let your youth deter you from setting a very challenging goal. If an old fart like me can do it, a youngster like you will kick butt.

..... I struggle to maintain that drive all the time. I climbed a mountain back in 2012, but I didn't reach the summit because I was not in peak condition. It has always nagged at me that I did not finish the climb. I need to make that my goal for this year,

@alteredsteve175 Those things bug me, too. When I don't perform at a level I expect, I just can't let it go and move on. Sounds like you have a great goal for 2020. Look forward to reading your climbing report.

Thanks, DJ. Thanks a lot. Now I gotta' do it! HAHA! :D
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    [

Thanks, DJ. Thanks a lot. Now I gotta' do it! HAHA! :D

Anything to help a fellow Cool Kid. ;)
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

I have packed my gym bag for tomorrow. With my weight-training shoes and my binder with workouts to mark-up.

I love the idea of taking a binder with workouts. I have been consistently lifting a few days a week for the last few months but have thought about a solid order/plan for each lifting day would be helpful. Did you make your own?

It is best to follow an established routine. Here is a list to get you started.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    tfunk - I bought a lifetime membership to the Venus Index program years ago....I printed everything out (years ago) and I revolve among their programs and with all my markings on the page, it remains interesting what I was doin’ in 2014, lol.

sdereski - go enjoy your holidays! The gym can wait - it will be right where you left it when you get back.

caramel - May sounds like it’s far away - but its not....like sixteen weeks. Perfect number of weeks for training!

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Garage Work out. Rogue Squat rack. Squats. light weight since still starting out. But doing it.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids. Needless to say I had varied bench presses today and accessory work. I am beginning to like floor bench presses. It was awkward at first, now I am pretty darn good at it. 35 kilos and rising.
    Beeps, my coach sends my weekly programs to an app and I print them out and put in a binder so that I can measure where I was and currently. I am also more of the visual along with note taking. My appetite is increasing, need to adjust my macros. Thanks for also inspiring the kids to lift heavy things because I am truly benefitting.
    Steve and Beeps thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.
    Gam3rguy, I know you have some kind of comp coming up. Hug and kiss the princess for me.
  • gam3rguy
    22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: MMA Cardio! 60#!!!
    I forgot to set the timer on the Fitbit for Cold Start. 😠