Piercings and tattoos

bz2018
bz2018 Posts: 143 Member
edited January 2020 in Chit-Chat
Open discussion about anything to do with piercings and tattoos.

Are you a fan?
Do you have any?
Are you preparing for any?
Pain tolerance?
Price?
Colour or black and grey?
Favourite style?
etc..

I have zero piercings.

Tattoos though, all black and grey.

I have a biomechanical sleeve.
A music note above one of my elbows.
Nautical stars on front delts
A skull on the back of my shoulder blade.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    .... only the ones that God gave me.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about either piercing or ink.

• JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member
    I have a Pikachu, my dogs Paw print, a dragon, and the Japanese symbol for love.

No piercings currently. Had a few in the past.
  • JRE_Momof3
    I want to get an Iron Man in space tattoo and a tattoo for my kids.
  • bz2018
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I want to get an Iron Man in space tattoo and a tattoo for my kids.

Interesting! I’m in the works of talking design of a foo dog on my hand in May.
  • JRE_Momof3
    I would be super interested in seeing your sleeve. That sounds pretty awesome.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    couple of black bands around my wrist and one below my knee and then a black wedding band. i keep meaning to go add more but never find the time
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    I really want my next tattoo to be a red bird because they always make me think of my late great-grandmother. I have no idea where I want it though.
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    bz2018 wrote: »

Are you a fan?
    Do you have any?
    Are you preparing for any?
    Pain tolerance?
    Price?
    Colour or black and grey?
    Favourite style?
    etc..

I have zero piercings.

Tattoos though, all black and grey.

I have a biomechanical sleeve.
    A music note above one of my elbows.
    Nautical stars on front delts
    A skull on the back of my shoulder blade.

Yes I’m a fan of the art🥰
    I have a couple, floral ones
    Looking to have more very soon, possibly a sleeve or half sleeve
    The pains not bad but I do almost pass out
    No cost for me they were gifts
    I have a colour one and black n grey, my preference is black n grey I think 🤔
    Realism

Just the normal 1 ear piercing, I’m not a fan 😖

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    bz2018 wrote: »

Are you a fan? yes
    Do you have any? yes
    Are you preparing for any? i have my nipole done. lip and septum done. i use to have more like my tongue and eyebrow

Pain tolerance? the nipole hurt more then the septum
    Price? 55 and up
    Colour or black and grey? colour
    Favourite style?
    etc..

I have 3 tattoos donald duck in a devils outfit on my left arm. then i have a cat face on my right arm and my nick name

• GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    I have a star tattoo on my shoulder. I hate it. Looks so bland. I got it in 1997. I always think about getting more done around it.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited January 2020
    Are you a fan? Yes and yes.
    Do you have any? Yes, two tattoos (more to come) and piercings in my ear.
    Are you preparing for any? Closer to summer, although I haven't settled on which one to do next.
    Pain tolerance? Gonna say fairly high since I sat through a 6 hour tattoo session so I could get it done all at once.
    Price? I dunno, over 1k at this point.
    Colour or black and grey? They be color, yo. Although I have nothing against black/white. I just haven't found a design that I really liked (yet) that was B/W.
    Favourite style? I can show you!

Not my tattoo (I wish it were!). The artist lives nowhere near me, sadly. But this is the style I generally prefer.
    7y3cze7qet5d.jpg
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Colourful tattoos are tacky I’m not a fan of tattoos at all however I prefer the grey or black ones.

This is as far as go to thinking tattoos are nice. I always thought hand tattoos were pretty.
    qex8xibdbl9p.jpeg
    wgdkdkbha0ac.jpeg
  • Cmoneybby
    Cmoneybby Posts: 30 Member
    I’m covered 🖤
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I used to want a branding...that is MF hardcore imo...but read that light skin doesn't heal well to them...and same as a tatt, there is nothing I wan't permanently associated with myself, but I like the idea

Have ear piercings, but never wear earrings - so just basically have scarred ears!
  • bz2018
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I used to want a branding...that is MF hardcore imo...but read that light skin doesn't heal well to them...and same as a tatt, there is nothing I wan't permanently associated with myself, but I like the idea

Have ear piercings, but never wear earrings - so just basically have scarred ears!
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I thought about making my own branding and doing that. Lol
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    I’m covered in both, mostly tattoos. It’s been so long, they’re just a part of me now. I really don’t have opinions on other people though. I think people are beautiful with and without.
  • DoomSlayer2020
    DoomSlayer2020 Posts: 66 Member
    I have 15, all over my body including most of my back. They’re addicting but definitely a part of me, as all my tattoos have a meaning behind them ☺️
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Old school (or fool, depending on point of view). My body is and has been a lot of things, but I have never considered it a canvas or construction area [unless medically called for].
  • Samanthor
    Samanthor Posts: 85 Member
    @vanityy99 Those look more like henna than a tattoo — henna isn’t permanent (only lasts a couple weeks) or painful (it’s painted on) so I think if you like the look, you should give it a try for awhile! :) I had a bunch of fancy henna done once when I was a bridesmaid in an Indian wedding, and it was very cool.

I have two tattoos, both birds. I have a cormorant on my left leg and a red-tailed hawk on my right leg. Both are pretty big, the hawk especially wingtip to wingtip reaches from my ankle to my knee. Both were manageable pain wise during most of the session, although whenever the artist would be tattooing above a nerve or bone, that bit would really make me grit my teeth! I always found the healing process to be worse. My hawk (which I just got last year) was two sessions, so just when it healed up and felt like normal skin again, I had to go back! Ouch!