The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Feel free to add me. I’m 46 and refuse to act older than 13. I’m finally back under the bar after dealing with a torn calf
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    gonnasnap wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I’m 46 and refuse to act older than 13. I’m finally back under the bar after dealing with a torn calf
    Glad you’re healed up and getting back to it
    Luv the goofy profile pic. 🤪
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member

Yikes torn calf doesn't sound fun. Good luck with the comeback
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    USAFProud wrote: »
    Glad you’re healed up and getting back to it
    Luv the goofy profile pic. 🤪

Thank ya. It’s been a long three months but I’m back to having my macros dialed in
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2020
    The weekend is just about here!

Have a good one, everyone. I am getting a couple of scuba dives in, assuming the club boat still works and the weather isn't too atrocious.

The main downside is a 6 a.m. start tomorrow.
  • Viktorija34
    Viktorija34 Posts: 41 Member
    Hello, I'm 36 feel free to add me!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Add me if you'd like - I turned 40 last June and realized that it's only going to get harder the longer I wait, since my earlier weight loss methods haven't worked for long. So here I am. My interests include weight lifting, art, writing, bodybuilding, and providing motivation.
  • pcolawellness
    pcolawellness Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2020
    Finally a place for me! Hello everyone! Don't care much for the "middle age" thing, but I am 43. I am not new to MyFitnessPal. Used it a couple years ago... I didn't add anyone before, just kinda used it for me... this time I would like to actually have a few friends to have along for the journey. I mean, you are more successful when you have accountability right?
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hey old timers

what a day...running around doing errands/appts...for those who aren't aware of my eye problems..they are itching like crazzzyyyyyyy,,,,,but they don't look too bad..so who knows what's going on?!

My 2 teen agers and plotting their Friday night..so looks like ill be a taxi service....might come back here to hang out

have a good one!!

• BWGMFP
    BWGMFP Posts: 8 Member
    I just turned 47 and some days I still feel like I'm 25 and other days I feel like I'm 60. I look forward to getting back in shape this year, with a goal of dropping around 85 pounds. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • mworeilly
    mworeilly Posts: 260 Member
    primodad1 wrote: »
    I just turned 47 and some days I still feel like I'm 25 and other days I feel like I'm 60. I look forward to getting back in shape this year, with a goal of dropping around 85 pounds. Feel free to add me if you like.

Welcome. I started here recently too. I’ll be 49 in a few months. Same situation for me. I feel caught between being young and old. Hoping to improve my health and energy. Feel free to add me as a friend. - Marc
  • TheresaEdwardsmfp
    TheresaEdwardsmfp Posts: 64 Member
    Hi, everyone. I'm 42 and proud. Lol.
  • AliNouveau
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Hey old timers

what a day...running around doing errands/appts...for those who aren't aware of my eye problems..they are itching like crazzzyyyyyyy,,,,,but they don't look too bad..so who knows what's going on?!

My 2 teen agers and plotting their Friday night..so looks like ill be a taxi service....might come back here to hang out

have a good one!!

Those darn eye problems. Blame the teenagers!!!

We woke up to another furnace issue. The pump was broken so after that was repaired we went to the science centre since the boy had a day off today. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a snowstorm. It's a wintry weekend
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Hey old timers

have a good one!!

We woke up to another furnace issue. The pump was broken so after that was repaired we went to the science centre since the boy had a day off today. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a snowstorm. It's a wintry weekend

I'll take snow any day - down here in eastern WV, we're under a freezing rain warning for tomorrow. Snow I can handle; ice I want nothing to do with, especially freezing rain that coats everything!
  • AliNouveau
    Hey old timers

have a good one!!

I'll take snow any day - down here in eastern WV, we're under a freezing rain warning for tomorrow. Snow I can handle; ice I want nothing to do with, especially freezing rain that coats everything!

Ugh freezing rain is the absolute worst. It's so dangerous

I've been spending the evening planning a new skating team with my friend. I have two camps of friends....I helped one camp this year, next year is my other camp and I'm already loving our plans for a tongue in cheek name
  • jessdiiarte
    jessdiiarte Posts: 4 Member
    Yesssss ADD ME!! 😎
  • superjohn71
    superjohn71 Posts: 20 Member
    48 (gosh, when did that happen?) here, always happy to be added by people, especially those who are trying to get fit as well as loose weight.
  • menonag123
    menonag123 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi am new here. Been on keto past 3 months. Lost 8 kgs of weight. Now am stuck at 70 kgs. Any suggestions on breaking this plateau.....☺
  • SarahLHarris83
    SarahLHarris83 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone I’m Sarah, I’ll be 37 on May 8, and I’m new. Looking forward to getting to know everyone in this group, please feel free to add me! 🙂
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Hey old timers

have a good one!!

Ugh freezing rain is the absolute worst. It's so dangerous

The good news was that they over-shot the forecast, and the temps didn't drop low enough and the rain was slow enough getting here that it was only partially freezing for a small amount of time and then switched to regular rain, so the roads were fine. Which worked out well for me, because I was then able to take my '06 Honda CR-V to Autozone in the county seat 20 miles from my home to get the check engine light code read (because apparently, Walmart garage is unable to do it *rolls eyes*) it just confirmed what I was already suspecting - I need a new thermostat.