The Learning Thread

2»

Replies

• Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    edited January 2020
    I learned that that really cool sound you hear in Oriental music is called an Erhu. It's a beautiful instrument.

https://youtu.be/7fdFGEg-9R8
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Cardiovascular disease begins in early childhood (think kindergarten).
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Mosquitoes are more attracted to you after you eat a banana.
    Also they most like blood type O.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    They don't tell you that after giving *kitten* your still gonna smell like dick up to a day later... Even after showering... 🤔🤫

walien4vbw6r.gif

Sorry! 🤗🤗🤗
    But this is where most threads here seem to end up 🤭

I've never seen this in a thread 😅🤣

Have you forgotten about Angela and her stories of throwing up on her dates????
  • Pupnuzz
    edited January 2020
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    They don't tell you that after giving *kitten* your still gonna smell like dick up to a day later... Even after showering... 🤔🤫

walien4vbw6r.gif

Sorry! 🤗🤗🤗

Whaaaaaaat?!
    Although this did happen to me, the guy went a bit far... And... 🤭 Managed to get to a sink though
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member

walien4vbw6r.gif

Sorry! 🤗🤗🤗

Whaaaaaaat?!
    Although this did happen to me, the guy went a bit far... And... 🤭 Managed to get to a sink though

Basically what happened to this Angela chick. Except I dont think her dude found a sink.
    Chit chat used to be waaay more interesting a couple years ago. 🤷‍♀️😂
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    2ywyd7qmnw10.gif
  • Pupnuzz

walien4vbw6r.gif

Sorry! 🤗🤗🤗

Whaaaaaaat?!

Basically what happened to this Angela chick. Except I dont think her dude found a sink.
    Chit chat used to be waaay more interesting a couple years ago. 🤷‍♀️😂

Oh dear gosh, poor him 🤐🤐🤐 and her 🤣🤣🤣
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    So today I learned that there was a lot more to the Cloverfield universe than just the movies. Keep in mind, this is a theory video, but it goes into so many of the nuances and ARG aspects of the movies that it's kinda fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4_IouOI5k
  • KosmosKitten
    I learned about how much money there is on Earth today.. and some basic financial economics. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2tKg3E53DM
  • KosmosKitten
    I learned about this absurd movie made with 150 untrained tigers and lions today. I love cats (big and small), but I'm not insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=099VKn9jCcQ&t=2s
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited January 2020
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Do you have something you've recently learned or something you've known for a long time that is not common knowledge? Do you think others might be interested in learning about it? Post here! Some of us can NEVER get enough knowledge.

Ex. Today I FINALLY learned what a Hurdy Gurdy is (think "Hurdy Gurdy Man" by Donovan).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv52jaxkHPw

I agree... I love learning anything new!

I didn't know what a hurdy gurdy was either, but when I hear that song, I think Zodiac is coming to get me! Dang you, David Finch... dang you!

I love these new positive threads/posts, CG. They're great & such a nice boost to everyone's mood! Have nothing to add now... just wanted to tell you good work! Love it!

ME TOO. Could that song have been more perfect for that scene? Sooo creepy

Edit- just realized this comment is like 3 weeks old 😅
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Do you have something you've recently learned or something you've known for a long time that is not common knowledge? Do you think others might be interested in learning about it? Post here! Some of us can NEVER get enough knowledge.

Ex. Today I FINALLY learned what a Hurdy Gurdy is (think "Hurdy Gurdy Man" by Donovan).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv52jaxkHPw

I agree... I love learning anything new!

I didn't know what a hurdy gurdy was either, but when I hear that song, I think Zodiac is coming to get me! Dang you, David Finch... dang you!

I love these new positive threads/posts, CG. They're great & such a nice boost to everyone's mood! Have nothing to add now... just wanted to tell you good work! Love it!

ME TOO. Could that song have been more perfect for that scene? Sooo creepy

Edit- just realized this comment is like 3 weeks old 😅

Haha. It's okay... I'm still here. :smile: