Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome LeslieAresa, SarahMWong15 & jessica90, We will try to inspire you as much as we possibly can. Great luck to you all.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    This going out to;

ruperthumb,
    beautifulbles,
    strattonlouis
    pwright4753
    kateloseit
    marciac333
    LauraJayne
    danimerc72
    estherkohn
    bellanbear

we hope you are still with us and are doing ok. We are hear for you if you want to share your joys, hopes or just vent. Venting is so important, we know what you are going through, that's why this particular group was started.
    We can do this TOGETHER. <3
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    tawtyping wrote: »
    CathyRocky, Thank you so much for the offer. My baby’s called Lexi. She’s so sweet and cuddly and makes us laugh with her personality! A totally spoiled pooch! Would love to see a photo of Rocky! Hope all goes well with the cats. Lexi is not really sure what a cat is and just looks at them in wonder!

Tawtyping, look on page 1, there is a pic of Rocky. He looks like your Lexi!
  • CathyRocky
    There's a great big chicken roasting in the oven, and I'm making pork strips with peppers and pineapple. Just cut up a beautiful cantaloupe and washed a bag of black grapes. I have lots of lettuce, cucumbers, other salad stuff, ready to throw a salad together whenever. I have apples, bananas, blueberries and tangerines for snacks, and string cheese. Good for a few days!
  • tawtyping
    tawtyping Posts: 391 Member
    CathyRocky, he looks beautiful! They are such faithful friends! ❤️

We can all do this together, it’s so good to have the support of everyone in this group! Thank you all!
  • Had a high pain day, and the weather was rotten (the two are related) so no gym. I didn't want to slide off the road. But I managed not to try to eat my pain away, and instead got the work done I needed to round the house and had a good nap. I will go back tomorrow, as rain has washed all the ice away. It's going to be really cold, so I may have to dress for outdoors, go and change at the gym, and then change back to go home. Normally I just put on workout clothes and go.
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    Had a high pain day, and the weather was rotten (the two are related) so no gym. I didn't want to slide off the road. But I managed not to try to eat my pain away, and instead got the work done I needed to round the house and had a good nap. I will go back tomorrow, as rain has washed all the ice away. It's going to be really cold, so I may have to dress for outdoors, go and change at the gym, and then change back to go home. Normally I just put on workout clothes and go.

High pain days are no joke! I'm glad you took the time to rest and were still successful in your day! Its little habits like that that will stick with you always!!!
  • CathyRocky
    We had snow all day here in NY. Everyone please be careful out there, seems that, collectively, we are recovering from a lot of injuries already. I actually shoveled snow today and it's only been a month since my knee surgery. It felt good!
  • Got up before the gym was open, but I want to go today, so I'll wait til it does. Period showed up today on schedule. Hopefully the cramping and exhaustion won't be too bad.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Today I ran my first 5k race! (I love star wars!) My time was 39:14 which is slow, but to date, my best time. I signed up for my first 5k 4 years ago, but I had to forfeit because I tore my ACL and meniscus in my knee 6 weeks prior. I also got some protein powder because I'm listening to my body and my moods, and checking my calories, and I dont think I'm eating enough even though I feel full! We will see if this helps or hinders anything at all.
    xfl9p30meber.jpg

Sarah - that revenge of the 5th is cracking me up! I'm assuming that's a new race you registered for? Anyway - I won't be jogging any races (even when I was in shape..I was a slow runner...so we'll just go with walking). However, I wanted to congratulate you on your fastest time! Also - you are inspiring me. I am going to sign up for some sort of fun walk/run ...and my two sons tell me they will do it too. So - that will be fun to focus on. May the 5th be your best one yet! ;D
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    dsgoingtodoit- it was a virtual race! Virtual Pace Series let's you walk, run, or bike at your own pace! You can break it up in to different days and add your times together. You do it on your OWN time and pace!! There is no score board or leaderboard. You just get to be proud of yourself for doing it, a good workout, and adorable medals! Thank you! And yes yes yes! I encourage you to do so! They're so much fun and you feel so accomplished! Check out if there are any color run/walks or glow run/walks in your area. We have them ALL the time here in Florida. Or give the virtual races a shot!!
  • CathyRocky
    I would love to join your group! I'm not really sure what my final weight goal is, but I hope to keep moving in the right direction! I went to the doctor in December and now on top of high blood pressure, I'm dealing with high blood sugar as well. I take medication for my blood pressure, but am hoping to control my blood sugar with exercise and diet. So I guess that's my real goal. I'm not so worried about how much I lose as how much I can improve my health. Anyway, having friends to keep me accountable would be great because THE STRUGGLE IS REAL, Y'ALL! :p

I'm diabetic and on insulin. I hope to lose weight so I can get off some of my meds. Are you vegetarian?
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    CathyRocky wrote: »
    I would love to join your group! I'm not really sure what my final weight goal is, but I hope to keep moving in the right direction! I went to the doctor in December and now on top of high blood pressure, I'm dealing with high blood sugar as well. I take medication for my blood pressure, but am hoping to control my blood sugar with exercise and diet. So I guess that's my real goal. I'm not so worried about how much I lose as how much I can improve my health. Anyway, having friends to keep me accountable would be great because THE STRUGGLE IS REAL, Y'ALL! :p

I'm diabetic and on insulin. I hope to lose weight so I can get off some of my meds. Are you vegetarian?

It would be so nice to get off some meds! I hope that's something we'll both achieve on this journey! I have had luck lowering my blood pressure and A1C in the past, but it takes so much dedication. I just need to remember how important it is at the point when I'm making questionable choices. Anyway, yes, I have been vegetarian for almost 30 years now.
  • For the first time, I'm watching on a day by day basis what my body does when I have my period, weight wise. No wonder I feel so rotten just beforehand! I gain five pounds of water weight! But I had no weird cravings and the cramps aren't as bad as usual.