3ar9oe471dv9.jpg

9trdn4bmjwoi.png

7szcb2g04yex.jpg

Deez be my tats...if they show up right. Lol
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Are you a fan? Of quality work yes

Do you have any? More than half of my body is covered

Are you preparing for any? Maybe a full back piece later on.

Pain tolerance? Depends on what body part, it doesn't tickle that's for sure.

Price? You get what you pay for. The more you pay, the nicer the tattoo is.

Colour or black and grey? I personally like colors but I wouldn't mind having a nice black and grey one.

Favorite: probably my leg piece and my owl.

Had piercings in my younger days, haven't wore them in years and not planning to.

The owl is on your chest in your pic? Its gorgeous!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    Are you a fan? Of quality work yes

Do you have any? More than half of my body is covered

Are you preparing for any? Maybe a full back piece later on.

Pain tolerance? Depends on what body part, it doesn't tickle that's for sure.

Price? You get what you pay for. The more you pay, the nicer the tattoo is.

Colour or black and grey? I personally like colors but I wouldn't mind having a nice black and grey one.

Favorite: probably my leg piece and my owl.

Had piercings in my younger days, haven't wore them in years and not planning to.

The owl is on your chest in your pic? Its gorgeous!

Yes that's my owl. Thank you 😊
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Very nice @CanesGalactica

I've always wanted a tattoo. But, I can never figure out what I'd want on me for the rest of my life. Even things I'm passionate about just don't seem worthy enough to put ink to skin.

Maybe someday...
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    These are mine. Yeah, they might be tacky, but they're MINE. There are lyrics included with both and written in the hand of someone I care about a lot, so nyah.

wyliggd9v4dn.png
    571f149x4ccn.png

Those are very well done 😊
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    I have 3 tattoos - motorcycle on my back, a compass on my ankle and the Irish word for traveler on my collarbone
    I also have 3 piercings
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Two earlobe piercings and three tattoos, all dog themed. I have a dog's head, copied from a piece of artwork, left upper chest area. Outline silhouette of a dog with a red heart symbol on my right wrist. "Nothing loved is ever lost" across the back of my left shoulder with 7 paw prints up the back of my neck.

I want more but my artist is in semi-retirement now so it's difficult to get time with him.

I didn't find any of them painful. The part of script that was over my spine was a little tender but not a big deal. No difficulties with healing, I think the day of itchiness was the worst part.

Not a whole lot of money invested as they're all small. The script + paw prints is the largest one but as it's only black I think it cost me $150?
  • bz2018
    bz2018 Posts: 143 Member
    When I planned my sleeve we did 6 sessions total. 3 for the upper and 3 for the lower. Totalling $4000. His rate per hour was pretty high but we have that bond and I am always comfortable going to him for creative ideas as an artist. Its been posted on the first page of you are interested in checking it out. Enjoy.
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member
    These are mine. Yeah, they might be tacky, but they're MINE. There are lyrics included with both and written in the hand of someone I care about a lot, so nyah.

wyliggd9v4dn.png
    571f149x4ccn.png

I dont think these are tacky. I think they are quite beautiful.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited January 2020
    😂
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Is it weird that I don't want a tattoo, but want to feel the tattoo gun? Like a clear tattoo!

I kinda want a my skin coloured tattoo on my freckles - is that a thing?
  • bz2018
    There is a such thing as a UV/blacklight tattoo. Which looks invisible under normal light.
  • bz2018
    Interesting!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I like trash polka style (so dramatic!) and more recently water colour

When I had cable I loved watching Ink Masters, and Bad Ink
  • IAMGREATBEARD
    IAMGREATBEARD Posts: 126 Member
    I have full sleeve both calves back and thighs done and my neck so addicted can’t wait for more but they are getting so expensive now 😩
  • thatsmejb
    thatsmejb Posts: 83 Member
    I'm a fan and have both! I tend to like color tattoos better. As far as pain tolerance, I feel like mine is pretty high, I feel like I can sit through tattoos and piercings knowing it will only be painful for a matter of time!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    I love tattoos and have 7 so far...
    I have one that covers about 1/4-1/3 of my back, and I would really like to just have my whole back done. But I would want the same artist, and since she is in Hawaii, it would be more expensive for me to get to her, than to get the actual tattoo! lol
    So I may just have to get someone else, or leave it.....
    Pain tolerance was pretty high. I had a decent amount on my spine and while it hurt, I barely flinched. The tattoo artist said I got her "primo" flowers because I didn't move and she could get all the little details she wanted in there.
    My back piece was the most expensive. Probably cost about $1K and took 5 sessions (outline, shading, color, color, touchups). I wanted to get the color done in one sitting, but holy hell that hurt! So we split it into 2. Compared to the coloring, the outline and shading was a cakewalk.
    I have
    a small purple Celtic trinity behind my ear
    a black tribal design on my right big toe
    a black tribal rose design on my upper thigh
    a black and red tribal rose design just under the other one
    a black Sag symbol surrounded by blue flames on my lower left hip
    a small black intertwined Alpha and Omega symbol on my right wrist
    and the big one on my black is Polynesian tribal with 3 large hibiscus flowers, 1 plumeria, and a hummingbird (the bird is in memory of my grandmother who loved hummingbirds). The plumeria flower is at the top of the design and almost in the middle of my back right on the spine.

With piercings, I have 2 holes in each ear.
    I tried to get a 3rd hole twice in my left ear, but it got infected both times. So I gave up. Those are the only piercings I have ever had.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Do ears count? They are pretty much closed up. I wanted a tattoo a few years back but couldn’t decide on the design....🤦🏻‍♀️