The more I work out, the more moody/angry I get.

2»

Replies

• SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I've taken to walking around when I'm on the phone. Can't always do it. But it is great when you can!

My phone has a wired headset to the phone base. As well as I have to be on the computer inputting info while I'm on the phone. So unfortunately I cant stand up and walk around while I do. I so wish I could though! I get so antsy at my desk.
  • BeerGirl333
    BeerGirl333 Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2020
    I get like this when I am working out hard. It's like my body is preparing for a flight & starts releasing tons of adrenaline. Instead of hitting hard cardio, nowadays I work more on strength, light cardio, & yoga to keep this at bay.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    youre not eating enough. i cant imagine what a demon i would be if i ate 1300 calories and worked out every day.

up your calorie intake by a couple hundred and youll likely see a difference.

4-5 pounds a month is a LOT for someone who doesnt have much to lose.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    You sound depressed. I was depressed, but it wasn’t all sadness. Depression masks angry/irritable at the same time. Oh, I was angry at my husband and my cats. My stressors: my job, fertility problems, money problems, made it so I had to go on something (Celexa), or I had to be facing a divorce.

I’m not prescribing you something, but it may help if you saw a professional. Perhaps meditation, perhaps over the counter may help you (5-HTP can get you meditation ready).

When I have a big workout, I always put away 1400-1600 calories. I think what they are saying is right.

Keep in touch!
  • imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    Diet is soooo key - the harder you push yourself the more you need to maintain a health diet - with an increase is physical exertion comes an increase in your bodies for better nutrition and you WILL get grumpy/moody/hungry/less sleep if you arent maintaining your diet
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    You sound depressed. I was depressed, but it wasn’t all sadness. Depression masks angry/irritable at the same time. Oh, I was angry at my husband and my cats. My stressors: my job, fertility problems, money problems, made it so I had to go on something (Celexa), or I had to be facing a divorce.

I’m not prescribing you something, but it may help if you saw a professional. Perhaps meditation, perhaps over the counter may help you (5-HTP can get you meditation ready).

When I have a big workout, I always put away 1400-1600 calories. I think what they are saying is right.

Keep in touch!

Oh yes youd be right on the head with that one. I was diagnosed with chronic depression just over a year ago. I've tried a couple of meds but they dont work. They take away the anger and the sadness, but replace it with nothingness. And I cant stand that. The depression will also be addressed in my visit with the dr!

Unfortunately meds don't work for quite a lot of people (this isn't a judgment or a reason not to try them, it just is what it is). That said, do think about also finding a therapist if you haven't done so already
  • amandaterry1231
    amandaterry1231 Posts: 1 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I don't get angry but I tend to get anxiety if I work out too much/too hard, I don't know why? If it's a blood sugar issue or what so I just stick to walking and weights

Same! Ugh. The harder I workout the more anxious I get sometimes. Especially if I push myself in cardio or heavy weights.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Anti-depressants/anti-anxiety drugs are a big business. Amitryplin(?), Zoloft, Zoloft and Wellbutrin, and Celexa and Wellbutrin, are some of the anti-depressants I’ve been on in 8 years. I need to be my own advocate for my well-being, and when’s something’s not feeling right, I need to let them know. Wellbutrin/bupropion is the lowest form I can take, 150-250mg makes me a little manic. Zoloft is “ nothingness”, as you said.

Psychologists/counselors that have cognitive training work best.