The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Hey old timers

what a day...running around doing errands/appts...for those who aren't aware of my eye problems..they are itching like crazzzyyyyyyy,,,,,but they don't look too bad..so who knows what's going on?!

My 2 teen agers and plotting their Friday night..so looks like ill be a taxi service....might come back here to hang out

have a good one!!

Those darn eye problems. Blame the teenagers!!!

We woke up to another furnace issue. The pump was broken so after that was repaired we went to the science centre since the boy had a day off today. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a snowstorm. It's a wintry weekend

I'll take snow any day - down here in eastern WV, we're under a freezing rain warning for tomorrow. Snow I can handle; ice I want nothing to do with, especially freezing rain that coats everything!

Ugh freezing rain is the absolute worst. It's so dangerous

The good news was that they over-shot the forecast, and the temps didn't drop low enough and the rain was slow enough getting here that it was only partially freezing for a small amount of time and then switched to regular rain, so the roads were fine. Which worked out well for me, because I was then able to take my '06 Honda CR-V to Autozone in the county seat 20 miles from my home to get the check engine light code read (because apparently, Walmart garage is unable to do it *rolls eyes*) it just confirmed what I was already suspecting - I need a new thermostat.

Well that's good. We have had snow all day long. It's supposed to be switching to rain right now. I shovelled once. Then did an upper body workout so my shoulder just wasn't up to shoveling again. Hoping the rain melts it away
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    Hey old timers

what a day...running around doing errands/appts...for those who aren't aware of my eye problems..they are itching like crazzzyyyyyyy,,,,,but they don't look too bad..so who knows what's going on?!

My 2 teen agers and plotting their Friday night..so looks like ill be a taxi service....might come back here to hang out

have a good one!!

We woke up to another furnace issue. The pump was broken so after that was repaired we went to the science centre since the boy had a day off today. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a snowstorm. It's a wintry weekend

I'll take snow any day - down here in eastern WV, we're under a freezing rain warning for tomorrow. Snow I can handle; ice I want nothing to do with, especially freezing rain that coats everything!

The good news was that they over-shot the forecast, and the temps didn't drop low enough and the rain was slow enough getting here that it was only partially freezing for a small amount of time and then switched to regular rain, so the roads were fine. Which worked out well for me, because I was then able to take my '06 Honda CR-V to Autozone in the county seat 20 miles from my home to get the check engine light code read (because apparently, Walmart garage is unable to do it *rolls eyes*) it just confirmed what I was already suspecting - I need a new thermostat.
    Thermostat. Easy and cheap. Oxygen sensor - not so much. Note to self: If you ever DID go to Walmart, don't go anymore. Doesn't apply to me; I don't go there. For anything. Certainly not auto repair. I looked hard to find a good independent mechanic when my last one retired. He is honest and proficient. He charges by actual hours, not book rate. If I ask him to do something and he doesn't think it needs to be done, he tells me. When he gives me the bill, he warns me it might be a lot.... it never is based on what I asked him to do. Ask around; you might find a good independent wrench turner near you closer than 20 miles.

I am the original owner of a 22 year old Tacoma. I told my mechanic I was looking at new trucks. He told me why I shouldn't. It's not just to support his business, so I believe him. Keeping the old truck!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    The weekend is just about here!

Have a good one, everyone. I am getting a couple of scuba dives in, assuming the club boat still works and the weather isn't too atrocious.

The main downside is a 6 a.m. start tomorrow.

The sea was flat, the sky was blue and the boat worked perfectly. It was cold (by UK standards) ,- just above freezing.

The dive had a ripping current, was pitch black and at most 20 cm visibility. My buddy reeled off so we wouldn't lose each other. We lasted 20 minutes at 20 metres.

Obviously, it wasn't a great dive but it was a great day out.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Wassup Middle-agers? Hope you're all having a great weekend. :)
  • bettysboops67
    bettysboops67 Posts: 15 Member
    Yep ..a young at heart 52 year old ready to get going... again!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    A successful day planting seeds for the summer hopefully lovely flowers and veg!
  • theglamadventure
    theglamadventure Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. Add me too.
  • barbsannesprague
    barbsannesprague Posts: 7 Member
    Middle aged, overweight & determined to do something about it!!! Would like to connect with others for support & motivation. Thank you
  • Nicke82
    Nicke82 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 37 and need all the motivation I can get! Feel free to add me ;)
  • phoenixrising5721
    phoenixrising5721 Posts: 2,252 Member
    I'm 44 anyone can add me
  • Christov42
    Christov42 Posts: 5 Member
    42, but still feeling young! Fee free to add me.
  • hurstclan
    hurstclan Posts: 1 Member
    Looking for accountability friends. M 41 220lbs
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    I'm 44 and on the last leg of my weightloss journey to lose 10 lbs per doctor's goal for me. When I started in April I was obese on the Asian American bmi chart. I just found mfp in October. Today, I'm now in the high end of the normal range of the Asian American bmi chart (this was my range from high school to age 34). I'd love some accountability friends to support and encourage so feel free to add me.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2020
    My weekend was fun. Winter diving is variable, but can be superb.

https://youtu.be/ZzPIuiQiduo
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 137 Member
    I turn 50 in September.Feel free to add me.
  • lil_emmy83
    lil_emmy83 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I’m Emma from Scotland....2nd week of being good. Hoping to lose some weight over the next few months...good luck everyone 👍🏻
  • lil_emmy83
    lil_emmy83 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all, im Emma, nearly 37 🙊 and want to lose some weight. Second week of trying so here’s hoping. Good luck to you all 👍🏻
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Hey old timers

have a good one!!

Thermostat. Easy and cheap. Oxygen sensor - not so much. Note to self: If you ever DID go to Walmart, don't go anymore. Doesn't apply to me; I don't go there. For anything. Certainly not auto repair. I looked hard to find a good independent mechanic when my last one retired. He is honest and proficient. He charges by actual hours, not book rate. If I ask him to do something and he doesn't think it needs to be done, he tells me. When he gives me the bill, he warns me it might be a lot.... it never is based on what I asked him to do. Ask around; you might find a good independent wrench turner near you closer than 20 miles.

I am the original owner of a 22 year old Tacoma. I told my mechanic I was looking at new trucks. He told me why I shouldn't. It's not just to support his business, so I believe him. Keeping the old truck!

Hate to disagree, but finding a reliable and competent independent is very hard to do. I work in a dealership and I always tell people to go to the dealer-they now your car better than anyone. They also have the right tools and equipment to fix it. Most of the time the dealer is no more expensive than an independent, many times they are less because they don't hang as many parts trying to fix it. You wouldn't believe how many people we get that have been somewhere else and finally come to us to get their car fixed.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! Have a great day!
  • lisamacphee30
    lisamacphee30 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, I'd like to join this group. I'm not quite upper 30's yet, I'm 34 but but identify more with this age group than a younger one.