WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Rebecca- I bet her print is similar just answer what u can decifer y talk about what going on in your life ask her a few questions that are well based on more or less easy ones like how’s this week going for you? My Mother only wrote in cursive I could never make much out.
    First get a sheet of paper out like I used to do to figure out Moms recipes.
    Write the words you know a line for each you don’t.Go back the letters you recognize wrote on those lines guess the word game starts after your done. Might be able to figure out some more that way. Like a puzzle 🧩.

New comer- 0cal pickles glad I found them too! Ordered 3 more jars!

Sent in my Walmart order for items that will be a fun new change to try out. Hopefully will taste okay. I wanted to try g Hughes 5 cal teriyaki sauce but they won’t ship to the house! The 10calories ghughes bbq sauce y Sugarfree ketchup 5cal he makes they will..or was it only the bbq oh well they ship some but not all of his. So had to go with a great value substitution 20cal still not bad hopefully will taste great. Ordered a case of 0 cal Gatorade Zero to drink.

0 cal pickles http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Pack-Mt-Olive-Hamburger-Dill-Chips-Pickles-16-fl-oz-Jar/47239009

30 cal Apple pie filling no sugar added http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-No-Sugar-Added-Apple-Pie-Filling-or-Topping-20-oz/13925174

0 cal Gatorade Zero more flavors out there I just felt like lime this time http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gatorade-Zero-Sugar-Thirst-Quencher-Lemon-Lime-20-fl-oz-12-count/354139212

20cal garlic teriyaki marinade http://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-Great-Value-Garlic-Teriyaki-Marinade-12-fl-oz/258718210

60 cal (90 after added to 30cal unsweetened almond milk or 80cal if added to 20cal unsweetened cashew milk) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Designer-Protein-Lite-Protein-Powder-Chocolate-Cookies-Cream-10g-Protein-0-6-Lb/51222397

150cal Peter Pan whipped creamy peanut butter http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Pack-Peter-Pan-Creamy-Whipped-Peanut-Butter-13-Ounce/47228972

140cal once prepared if using egg whites 20cal brand I use with unsweetened almond or cashew milk.I skip the vegetable oil add a tiny tab of margarine y water instead. http://www.walmart.com/ip/2-pack-Krusteaz-Honey-Cornbread-and-Muffin-Mix-15-oz/308609488

Amber Tx

0cal Walden salad dressing chipotle http://www.walmart.com/ip/Walden-Farms-Calorie-Free-Salad-Dressing-Chipotle-Ranch-12-Oz/38443441

0 cal Walden farms Thousand island dressing http://www.walmart.com/ip/Walden-Farms-Sugar-Free-Thousand-Island-Dressing-12-fl-oz/10313749

I avoid their ranch just like skinny brand very eggy yuck! These 2 I love ❤️.

Special K cereals lots of flavors 140 cal-170cal boxes. So read the box decide your pleasure. Add unsweetened almond or cashew milk.

0 cal Lemmon juice for adding to my teas to foods it keeps is a big bottle http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Lemon-100-Juice-32-fl-oz/12512024

Prego spaghetti sauce ranges from 50cal-90cal read the labels.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Snow nearly gone. DD came home early on Thursday with kidney stone pain. We ended up in the ED that evening. She is still fighting the pain but has better meds from the hospital so made it to work on Friday and slept a lot yesterday. Laying low yet today. Hope it passes soon. I have been doing chair yoga on Fridays since the first of the year and it is kicking my butt. It is much more difficult than I thought it would be and I have ended up with muscle cramps the last two Friday evenings, but I am going to persist and know that it will get better and I will benefit in the long run.

Rebecca - I am with Barbie. Consider it a challenge and keep writing.

Carol and Karen - Sorry about the fur babies. I know how they are indeed family. We have a horse who is almost 28 years old and hard to keep weight on. It will be a hard day when we have to say goodbye to her. DD has owned her since she was 2.

Lisa - cute pictures.

Katla - Enjoy the riding lesson!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    Lovely to see your photos Lisa. I don't know how I missed it. Nothing like a newborn. <3
    Glad you got home safely. :)

My DDIL is planning her 40th in March. She messaged us this evening. It's a cream tea at the Grand Hotel (that I posted pics of a couple of days ago) followed by a trip up the i360. Sounds fun. Let's hope the weather is good for a great view from the top. B) Don't know how many will be coming.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited January 2020
    fdqgjcmfk7a3.jpeg

My fancy dinner
    5 cal Crystal light or Wryler’s Sugarfree strawberry lemonade
    0 cal my olive pickles

Chili-
    220 can of turkey chili or another brand that’s less or equal
    2 cans 110cal bush’s pinto beans
    1 can salt free corn 60cal
    Some cheese 🧀 1 serving or less stir it 72-110 cal melted real good for flavor
    0 cal lemon juice
    Sometimes add more veggies

I eat off of it for days Hubby too. So not sure 🤔 the final calorie still haven’t mastered the add it in feature but I record it as 440cal chicken chili. By the last bowl I’m tired of chili but got my money’s worth out of it.

Amber Tx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rebecca: That writing is HARD to read. I have no advice. :noway: Barbie has some good ideas. :star:

Sue in WA: I had a good riding lesson today, and lectures from my teacher about getting up to the stable more often. :embarassed:

I'm planning to get something hot to drink and sit in front of the fireplace reading a book I checked out from the library.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited January 2020
    Rebecca it did look at one point she was talking about getting a lot of letters having to write but the words in between can’t read so don’t know if she’s upset about it,happy,overwhelmed, looking forward to,etc. Good luck.
    Another part she mentions Well went to the Doctor -but that was the only words I made out lol. Write on the letter what you think the words are make a good try at it. If you find anyone who can read it ask them occasionally!

Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Rebecca - I so agree about how it’s nice to think of a passed parent and think of the warm fuzzies. My Dad has been gone 7 years this past December, I get those feeling more than I used to. I hope someday I no longer remember what he looked like in his last week or so.

Hugs to you on your Mom’s birthday.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    ☘️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited January 2020
    Rebecca- Daughter said one part looks like her telling you about her other pen pals! We may be getting this decoded bit by bit now. She’s not spacing between many words it’s large curly loops ➿. At the end something about the month of March...probably what she’ll be doing then.

Amber Tx

Hope this helps even a little lol. Looks like a rambling letter so she might be misspelling too keep that in mind when guessing

Hubby suggested asking if she can print her letters say with bifocals (liar pants on fire moment) you can’t make out the cursive without help from family you rather keep the letters private for girl chats end with big hugs your happy to have you own pal!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Rebecca I have this problem with my DSIL when she writes. I just decifer what I can and reply to that and then add what is going on with me and our family. I know sometimes when I write in cursive I am not the easiset to understand. Your right I notice my writing does improve when I wear my reading glasses and I take my time when I write.

If you enjoy getting her letters I would figure out a way that works for you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :heart:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ♥️💓❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    In a dilemma ladies! What would you do in this situation. I have a pen pal that has such loopy handwriting its a struggle to read.
    lehxb2qhfkxd.jpeg
    💖Rebecca

Well, it's blurry and would be easier to read if it were clear, but ...

Dear Rebecca,

It was good to get your letter ...
    ... got your letter answered ...
    ... I've got a letter ...
    ... answer and get written ... now ...
    tomorrow. So person gets it ...
    I've got a lot of ... letters ...
    what to do. But one letter at a time.

That's a start! :)

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Pppp
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Did the You Can Do Abs DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the extremepump class

SuziQ – We have a condo in Titusville. It’s north of you, but the prices aren’t as high. There are a lot of retired/elderly folks there. When MIL was alive, she lived at the condo. She was on the third floor, but there is an elevator. People check on each other a lot and really help out. If you’d like to stay in FL, that seems a good area.

Vince is working on the taxes which translates into “leave him alone”

Camping – we did tent camping when the kids were little. Vince and the kids had to get a cot to put their sleeping bags on, I didn’t have a problem sleeping on the ground. To me, it was fun. Then again, we weren’t far from home so if I forgot something (like a can opener), I can run home for it

Cold here (at least for NC) – 51 with a low of 22. Of course it’s getting cold – it seems to always get cold once the Girl Scouts start selling their cookies…. OK..you gals in Canada can stop laughing now!

Amber – just be careful – pickles can have a lot of salt in them

Samad (did I spell that right?) – welcome

Rebecca – regarding your pen pal with the writing, I’d just continue as you have been doing. You know, you might want to post her next letter to you on here and maybe we can help you decipher it. Then you can write back.

Michele NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Rebecca- Daughter said one part looks like her telling you about her other pen pals! We may be getting this decoded bit by bit now. She’s not spacing between many words it’s large curly loops ➿. At the end something about the month of March...probably what she’ll be doing then.

Amber Tx

Hope this helps even a little lol. Looks like a rambling letter so she might be misspelling too keep that in mind when guessing

Hubby suggested asking if she can print her letters say with bifocals (liar pants on fire moment) you can’t make out the cursive without help from family you rather keep the letters private for girl chats end with big hugs your happy to have you own pal!

She writes how she talks I believe. So she'll write, " writing my own pals and that". So the phrase "and that" seems to end most sentences.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Machka9 wrote: »
    In a dilemma ladies! What would you do in this situation. I have a pen pal that has such loopy handwriting its a struggle to read.
    lehxb2qhfkxd.jpeg
    💖Rebecca

Well, it's blurry and would be easier to read if it were clear, but ...

Dear Rebecca,

It was good to get your letter ...
    ... got your letter answered ...
    ... I've got a letter ...
    ... answer and get written ... now ...
    tomorrow. So person gets it ...
    I've got a lot of ... letters ...
    what to do. But one letter at a time.

That's a start! :)

Machka in Oz

Thanks! It is a good start! I fear her life is writing letters about writing letters. So I will continue to pick some points in her letters I can decipher and give her little glimpses of Whidbey island.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Thanks ladies, I knew you would give me insight on what to do! I appreciate you all!
    💖Rebecca