Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    2020 start Jan 1: 245.2

Jan 3: 243.2
    Jan 10: 238.8
    Jan 17: 235.4

Hi everybody, I'm way late to this party but I'd love to join you all and cheer us on. I started the year at 245 and have managed to lose about 10 lbs so far but I imagine half of that is water since I started keto at about the same time. Now comes the hard part. I have a college reunion in 8 weeks and I'd love to be about 15 pounds lighter. I don't know if that is reasonable, and I know my old friends will like me anyway, but no one wants to show up at one of these things weighing their heaviest ever, right? Longer term I'd love to get to one-derland this year. I'm pretty good with exercise and I have a gym almost across the street, but boy do I love chips and dips and pizza!

I'll weigh in on Fridays and I hope the feeling of being accountable will help me avoid some of my real "diet don'ts".
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    eppen5 wrote: »
    2020 start Jan 1: 245.2

Jan 3: 243.2
    Jan 10: 238.8
    Jan 17: 235.4

Hi everybody, I'm way late to this party but I'd love to join you all and cheer us on. I started the year at 245 and have managed to lose about 10 lbs so far but I imagine half of that is water since I started keto at about the same time. Now comes the hard part. I have a college reunion in 8 weeks and I'd love to be about 15 pounds lighter. I don't know if that is reasonable, and I know my old friends will like me anyway, but no one wants to show up at one of these things weighing their heaviest ever, right? Longer term I'd love to get to one-derland this year. I'm pretty good with exercise and I have a gym almost across the street, but boy do I love chips and dips and pizza!

I'll weigh in on Fridays and I hope the feeling of being accountable will help me avoid some of my real "diet don'ts".

"One-derland," I love it! I'm in about the same boat, weight-wise. I've lost 13 lbs since December 12 by making better food choices (I'm not following any specific diet, except that I've been vegetarian for several years) and walking daily on my treadmill. I feel exactly the same way as you about chips, dips, and pizza, and add to that french fries, onion rings, and grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm trying to moderate instead of cutting these out completely, but the longer I go without them, the less I seem to want them, so that's nice.
  • VeggieMeg71
    Have any of you tried mindful eating techniques? I'm reading The Mindfulness-Based Eating Solution right now, and though I'm usually kind of turned off by self-help books, I think it's been worthwhile. It's amazing to realize how often you eat without really being hungry and how often you continue to eat after you're full, which I just did, by the way, and now regret, but I'm trying not to feel guilty about it. It was good chili. :smiley: So, I guess I'm learning. I recommend looking into it, even though I've only been trying it out for a couple of days so far.
  • I did some mindful eating when I was working on breaking the food addiction stuff in my twenties. It is good, but for me....I was still just eating too much. I can tell this system works for me because even though I gained five pounds (and a cup size, and I feel like the Michelin Man) of water weight due to hormones this week, I still, at the core of it, feel better eating this way. It feels loving and kinder to my body. And it feels like I'm finally being a proper adult and being responsible for my body.
  • VeggieMeg71
    celticck77 wrote: »
    I had a small non-scale victory yesterday. Watching my favorite team losing 24-0 in the first quarter would have sent me to the snack food. But yesterday I peeled and cut a bag of carrots and chomped on them throughout the game. My team came back and won the game and I was able to feel great about that and not feel sick from eating junk!

My on scale victory:
    Starting Weight: 262
    Jan. 7: 259
    Jan. 13: 255
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

This level of losing wont last - I have scaled back to 1200 - 1500 calories just to kind of reset things. Eventually I will live between 1500 - 1800.

Based on this post, I'm guessing you are a Chiefs fan? If so, woohoo, go Chiefs! Get those healthy snacks ready for the Superbowl!
  • Ask4arn1
    Ask4arn1 Posts: 1 Member
    Will you be forming a new group or just post here? I'm not sure how this works. I would like to join. I have lost 30 lbs in the past 2 1/2 yrs. I have also retired am now not walking as much as when I worked. But would love to get below 200 lbs and keep on going. I just now finally got my Fitbit to show my Steps again in MFP, so very excited about that!
  • crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Hi, I'd love to join in too - I'm 230 - devastated when I got on the scales. I am 50 in 2022 and my plan is to lose at least 50lbs by my 50th - hopefully a bit more and a bit quicker but trying to be realistic...
    Set my calories and back to the gym tonight to do an hours swimming to start off.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    I had a small non-scale victory yesterday. Watching my favorite team losing 24-0 in the first quarter would have sent me to the snack food. But yesterday I peeled and cut a bag of carrots and chomped on them throughout the game. My team came back and won the game and I was able to feel great about that and not feel sick from eating junk!

My on scale victory:
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

This level of losing wont last - I have scaled back to 1200 - 1500 calories just to kind of reset things. Eventually I will live between 1500 - 1800.

Based on this post, I'm guessing you are a Chiefs fan? If so, woohoo, go Chiefs! Get those healthy snacks ready for the Superbowl!

You are right I am a Chiefs fan!! I am so happy right now - but also stressed. :)
    Thank you!!
    Yeah I had a bowl of carrots next to me yesterday and will do the same thing for the Superbowl.
  • celticck77
    @Ask4arn1 - I did a group page but this works much better, The group pages everything is kind of broken up.
  • celticck77
    edited January 2020
    Sooo, food wise this weekend was not great for me. My niece and I hit up applebees and while I only ate half of my dinner we also split a desert. This would be fine when I am trying to maintain weight but when trying to lose... well it doesn't work. Not beating myself up or anything just trying to be accountable.
    My Chiefs won yesterday - and ate was eating carrots throughout the game just like the week before and what I will be doing on February 2.
    I did not lose any weight this week but I am feeling off also. It could be because I am a woman... it could be because everyone around me has been sick lately we shall see.

Jan. 20: 255
    Jan. 28:
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome; dsgoingtodoit, veggiemeg71, eppen5, ask4arn1 & crowesnest16 to our inspiring challenge group. We are sooo glad to meet you. Please keep us filled in on how your doing throughout you trip ( weight lose journey ).

SarahMWong15 - WoW, you look like you weight about 110 soaking wet in that picture.

ask4arn - All you do is just come back to this same spot, it's been going wild since the start, All we do is put in a starting weight then weigh in once a week ( accountability ). During the week we come back up on line and we talk to each other to share our good times and bad.
  • craw_cat18
    craw_cat18 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello I'm new here and I weigh 236lbs, this sounds like a group I would like to be a part of.
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    Welcome; dsgoingtodoit, veggiemeg71, eppen5, ask4arn1 & crowesnest16 to our inspiring challenge group. We are sooo glad to meet you. Please keep us filled in on how your doing throughout you trip ( weight lose journey ).

SarahMWong15 - WoW, you look like you weight about 110 soaking wet in that picture.

ask4arn - All you do is just come back to this same spot, it's been going wild since the start, All we do is put in a starting weight then weigh in once a week ( accountability ). During the week we come back up on line and we talk to each other to share our good times and bad.

God I wish. lol. It's the magic of a laying position and being 5'2. Maybe one day I could get to 110. Though i think I'd prefer 120 and toned.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome merrymaid, I have seen you some place before but I can't remember where. I remember your picture and name. I used to be a maid back in my youth.

Can I borrow your camera B) , I'm 5'2, I'm looking to get down to a miracle weight of 140. Right now I'm looking to get back to the 50's ( 250 ).
  • VeggieMeg71

My on scale victory:
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

You are right I am a Chiefs fan!! I am so happy right now - but also stressed. :)
    Thank you!!
    Yeah I had a bowl of carrots next to me yesterday and will do the same thing for the Superbowl.

If you're looking for a change of pace, I recommend jícama! It has a very satisfying crunch. I love it with Tajín with Lime Seasoning or Trader Joe's Chile Lime Seasoning.
  • 3sons61
    3sons61 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I would also live to get in! I finally feel that this may be my time at age 59 on Friday! My three boys are all finally doing fairly well and are out of the house. I am 5'8" and started at 264 lbs. on January 6th. I have now lost 8 pounds in two weeks. I am very happy with that, but this phase has never been extremely hard for me, its keeping going. I need you guys!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @ladycopnh1 - i think its great and wonderful that we’re getting new members here, it seems like the original members have fallen off of the wagon except @CathyRocky @quemalosuerte @KJR865 & Myself..... @theleadmare and @celticck77 are still here and pretty much originals. I’m hoping “we” as a group can uplift each other through the good, the bad & the ugly. I also hope we can reach our goals in 2020. One Pound at a Time!!!!!
  • VeggieMeg71
    I baked a carrot cake with cream cheese icing today for my partner's birthday. I'm also taking him out to a local burger place, where I'll have a black bean burger with fries and onion rings, and I am choosing to savor all of it. I think it's important to enjoy the day and the birthday meal with him, but I did squeeze in 45 minutes on my treadmill. :)
  • tawtyping
    tawtyping Posts: 391 Member
    I’ve put on over 1 lb last week 😞. Today I made quite good food choices and was under my calories with the correct amount of protein etc. I hope to be able to continue this week.
  • lelser60
    lelser60 Posts: 21 Member
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL): 303 pounds 12/26/2019
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 297

Jan. 6: 296
    Jan. 13: 292.6
    Jan. 20: 292.6
    Jan. 27:

January Goal: Lose ten pounds, be at or below 287
    January Actual:

Sorry I have not posted. Working on losing weight, its always slow with me. I'll try to be better at posting.