MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    I am so proud of my team!! <3 You all worked hard this week and it paid off!! Let's keep it up and I know that we can do EVEN BETTER this week!! KEEP IT GREEN!!! B)
    cofx8ar442vy.png

Beka3695 wrote: »
    WEEK 2 WINNERS

p7cdvf8bxrm6.png

w83lwddox784.png

2slyhfnttstu.png

Cafelelia wrote: »
    Congratulations to Mission Slimpossibles for being the #1 Green Team on the spreadsheets this week!!

#1 Mission Slimpossibles 70.4% green

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Jan 2020
    Sunday
    PW 161.5 (73.3kg)
    CW 164.4 (74.6kg)

Stopped logging my food into MFP. Been eating regardless and not being mindful. I found logging was just depressing me more.
    Going to try and eat what I want rather than just because its low calorie.
    Today ate cheese toastie and a veggie pie for dinner - both high carb but need to fulfill this need. Rather than eating and then feeling guilty.
    AIM NEXT WEEK
    1. Not to log food but eat smaller portions and more mindfully
    2. Continue to eat smaller breakfast
    3. Eat wonton dumpling for lunch - see if eating meat helps
    4. Always try not to eat a biscuit but instead fruit
    5. Buy and eat satsuma instead of biscuit/cookies
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Woohoo on the win team!!!

Checking in....

Quick check in, rushed for time. Leg much better but will give in one more day rest so I don’t reinjure. Don’t expect much of a loss this week but that is ok. Stuff happens.
  • canzone777
    canzone777 Posts: 13 Member
    Canzone777
    Sunday-week 3
    Previous: 160
    Current: 163
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Wowsers, excellent work Slimpossibles - more than 70% of us in the green!! Looks like I might be past my own stall and join you for the final week!

@vanjan14 great loss and even though the lowest weight in years is not technically a NSV - the awesome feelings go waaay beyond that hunk o' metal in the bathroom! =>
    @sunshineplace I hope your leg keeps improving and I love that you can keep the numbers in perspective!
    @Katmary71 stacking up days of yoga, getting organized - you're making excellent use of 2020, so far!
    @its_cleo glad to see your progress and stick-to-it-ness. Keep taking care of yourself and getting out for the runs as often as you can and the numbers will follow suit
    @Motiv8tedMom most excellent place on the leaderboard and *still* going strong - congrats!
    @kayla7303 wow, great work and congrats - 2.56%!!!
    @digger61 nice loss, way to go!
    @rachelleahsmom OMG that is cold - and I have a hard time when it dips below 40 degrees...
    @Apple852hk this is a good list of goals. I have had times when logging into MFP became a source of anxiety on its own, when I was on a couple of years ago. I would offer this suggestion - write down your meals on paper, not the calories or amounts, but what you are eating - if you can do it the day before so that it isn't spur of the moment, that would also help. Eat to your plan of smaller amounts and over time you'll know what the choices were and what worked best for you. I hope you don't mind this advice - I wish someone had told me that when I became weary of the logging, I think it would have benefited me so I am passing that along
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Had a good weekend, saw the granddaughter yesterday, got all of my shopping done, enough food prep to make sense...a little left to do tomorrow. Mostly don't need to do a lot this week because we have some left and there are plans this week so that we won't need as much food around. I have been so grateful on several occasions to just have food in the fridge and not need to cook or stop and grab a chicken, etc.

I'm going through a phase again of the scale going down almost daily and that's good - but it's also fronted by many days, and sometimes weeks, of it not budging or swinging in both directions but not making progress. I'm much less freaked out by that, these days, as I have found that if I keep doing the right things along with paying attention and adjusting what I am doing as needed, the efforts will eventually show the progress. But that whole 'half a pound or a pound a week' or 'a pound and a half a week' business is NOT how it works in my world. Nope. I apparently like to live on the edge and immerse myself in a thriller of a ride on the journey. =>

I'll take it.

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, all 3!
    Times? B 1215p, L 4p, D 8p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? Low hunger day, no trouble with it at all - did not eat until I was hungry. I got up at 9 and it's usually 3-4 hours before I eat so this makes sense. When I'm up at 5 or 530, I eat much earlier
    Exercise? 3.25 miles in the hood [log steps from day before] (steps 18Jan2020 4,365)
    Sleep? 1a-9a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? yesterday I did not get to 10,000 steps. I had to leave home at 130pm and I chose to hang out and then do some of my weekly shopping rather than skip one of those and do my hour of walking to get 3 miles. Not that long ago, I would not have made that choice - I would have gotten the walk in. I also need to be very careful about having snacks after dinner - even so-called healthy or benign choices like a reasonable serving of chips and salsa. I truly feel like that is the kind of behavior that has seen me have to lose the same weight over and over again - past success is not a shield against current or future missteps and I have to remember that. Getting close to goal does not mean it is ok to start a backward slide.

Food Prep Planning this week:
    Soup - Wendys Chili
    entree - none (we have enough protein because some food prep was Tuesday night this week
    on hand - salad, rice, green beans, cole slaw,
    idea - sheet pan quesadillas with Xtreme Wellness tortillas
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- roller skating, core, yoga

Yep, I roller skates for the first time in decades, something I wouldn't have ever imagined doing again, it was awesome!

Habits
    Gym 3xs a week
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Core/stretch daily- done
    Fit On yoga- did 2!
    Try new recipe- did last night
    Declutter/clean- none today
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    @raleighgirl09 thanks for the helpful suggestion. I've made a wonton batch and will eat it every lunch time for a week. Will plan for dinners. Thanks for passing on the advice. I'll write every meal instead.
    By chance I photograph every meal - do you think writing down what you eat is more beneficial?
    Wowsers, excellent work Slimpossibles - more than 70% of us in the green!! Looks like I might be past my own stall and join you for the final week!

@vanjan14 great loss and even though the lowest weight in years is not technically a NSV - the awesome feelings go waaay beyond that hunk o' metal in the bathroom! =>
    @sunshineplace I hope your leg keeps improving and I love that you can keep the numbers in perspective!
    @Katmary71 stacking up days of yoga, getting organized - you're making excellent use of 2020, so far!
    @its_cleo glad to see your progress and stick-to-it-ness. Keep taking care of yourself and getting out for the runs as often as you can and the numbers will follow suit
    @Motiv8tedMom most excellent place on the leaderboard and *still* going strong - congrats!
    @kayla7303 wow, great work and congrats - 2.56%!!!
    @digger61 nice loss, way to go!
    @rachelleahsmom OMG that is cold - and I have a hard time when it dips below 40 degrees...
    @Apple852hk this is a good list of goals. I have had times when logging into MFP became a source of anxiety on its own, when I was on a couple of years ago. I would offer this suggestion - write down your meals on paper, not the calories or amounts, but what you are eating - if you can do it the day before so that it isn't spur of the moment, that would also help. Eat to your plan of smaller amounts and over time you'll know what the choices were and what worked best for you. I hope you don't mind this advice - I wish someone had told me that when I became weary of the logging, I think it would have benefited me so I am passing that along

• wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Hi all,
    Hope your weekend was good. Off today. I updated mfp goals and start date. I started in 2018 at 264 and it was showing a 31 pound lost. I was not comfortable with that as I had lost and gained before starting Oct 1, 2019 at 260. I am comfortable with the 27 pound lost since then. :)
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW 235
    TW 233
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    nbbaby
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW: 219.7
    CW: 213.8

Did Intermittent fasting all week and back on Keto. Seems to work.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    rachelleahsmom
    week 2 January 20
    Monday weigh in
    starting weight 145
    previous weigh in 143
    today's weigh in 143

No loss, but I'm actually okay with that because I ate like crap over the weekend. Today is already much better.

Congratz to the team. You guys are awesome and very inspirational!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    01/20
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.4
    Todays Weight 196💥

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Macros: low protein
    Exercise:

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    3234 steps. 4500 goal steps
    1.42 miles
    2052 burned calories
    0 active
    81 sleep score
    60 resting sleep
    1288 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 162g, goal > 229g, fat 56g, goal 44-77g, protein 37g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 👎
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: 👎
    Meet fiber in range: 👎
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧚🏻
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.
    Sorry, I went MIA briefly.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    nbbaby wrote: »
    nbbaby
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW: 219.7
    CW: 213.8

Did Intermittent fasting all week and back on Keto. Seems to work.

Nice! It does for me.
  • raleighgirl09
    apple852hk wrote: »
    @raleighgirl09 thanks for the helpful suggestion. I've made a wonton batch and will eat it every lunch time for a week. Will plan for dinners. Thanks for passing on the advice. I'll write every meal instead.
    By chance I photograph every meal - do you think writing down what you eat is more beneficial?

@apple852hk I see a lot of value in writing down what you'll eat primarily because that gives you the best opportunity for planning what you'll eat. You're 1/3 of the way there with your wonton lunches (sounds amazing, love me some wontons!). However, what works best for me may not for you - a lot of people photograph the meal and do a neato app like 'Ate' to help them keep track. The most important thing, from my perspective, is to not distance yourself from some kind of structure. Even if (when) whatever you are doing has a slip-up and you wonder why that happened and how to get back on track - going back to your recorded history will bring you back to a visual log (either reading or pics) and give you a sense of foundation. Mistakes will happen and without some solid tie to the plan you're doing, in whatever fashion you are doing it, it is more difficult to get back to.

I have been doing food prep for a couple weeks and, like your wontons, it really makes life easy for me in planning what I'll eat the next day and not have to think much about it. Sometimes I plan for several days in a row, at least one of the meals, and I love the convenience. =>
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Today has been a really good day for this journey, following a good one yesterday, too. I am just going to enjoy that feeling and go with it. In fact, just so I can try to stack three good-day blocks up tomorrow, I am already for getting up at 5 tomorrow (first time since Christmas break) and going to the work gym - like, as in, the bag is packed, my night chores are about done (need to pack the food up for taking to work). Yay me! =>

@wrknonmedaily nice loss! I'm like you, I like to be as accurate as possible and I think it's awesome that you don't want to take creds unless you feel it's authentic, awesome outlook!
    @nbbaby congrats on having come back to your groove, that's a nice feeling!
    @rachelleahsmom hey, nothing wrong at all with simmering in one place for a bit - and the weekend won't define the whole week!
    @Katmary71 oh my gosh - roller skating! That's got to a great lot of fun as an adult. One of the things I love best about having lost weight is that my body can comfortable move and do things and I don't have the heavy, literal weighing DOWN of my body to deal with. I love kayaking, walking, hiking, biking. Just living is easier and more fun!
    @mrmcgrath hey, glad to see ya! Life can come along and start demanding its fair share of your day and even its unfair share of your day - happy to see your smiling pic today!

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? all 3
    Times? B 1130a, L 345p, D 8p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? low hunger day, non-issue
    Exercise? 2 walks - a 3.25 mile walk and a 1.25 mile walk in the hood [log steps from day before] (steps 19Jan2020 12,757)
    Sleep? 11p-7a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? Yesterday feels like it was an amazing day. Nothing really spectacular but it felt strong in my journey - I felt strong and it carried to today, as well. I love days when it all feels good and right and I dont feel like I am second guessing myself at every turn.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,566 Member
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: all good, on-plan choices; on target
    Water: slightly over
    Exercise: pre-sunrise walk (47 min); gym date (weights) with husband (35 min); martial arts class (90 min)
    5 Habits: Checks for all of them! ✔️
    Grateful for: this group, and the fabulous conversation here!

Goals and Improvements for Tomorrow (Tuesday)
    - Work my 5 Habits
    --- Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    --- Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    --- M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    --- Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) - Goal is an outdoor walk
    --- Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Decluttering - home office and office work (going to try pomodoros tomorrow - 25 minutes on, 5 minute break)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Jactop
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW: 206
    CW: 207
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Checking in quick. Crazy busy week. I’ve been slacking with the tracking but I’m making good choices.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,566 Member
    edited January 2020
    @sunshineplace - Woohoo! Thanks for checking in! Yay for those good choices!
    Crazybusy here, too! I so feel you on that!

@Jactop - Great weigh-in! So delighted for you!

@raleighgirl09 - Yay you, indeed!
    You guys -- what RaleighGirl posted is so smart. It's cool about the 3 good-day blocks, of course. Even cooler, though is the prep for tomorrow!
    In fact, just so I can try to stack three good-day blocks up tomorrow, I am already for getting up at 5 tomorrow (first time since Christmas break) and going to the work gym - like, as in, the bag is packed, my night chores are about done (need to pack the food up for taking to work). Yay me! =>
    I just finished my night chores and am about to go get ready for bed. Sleep is so important! And, yes, I will lay out my go-for-a-walk clothes tonight!

Also, from her great conversation with @apple852hk :
    I have been doing food prep for a couple weeks and, like your wontons, it really makes life easy for me in planning what I'll eat the next day and not have to think much about it. Sometimes I plan for several days in a row, at least one of the meals, and I love the convenience. =>
    I too love planning and food prep!
    Apple, having your wonton lunches ready for the week is so great!

@nbbaby - Congratulations on the great weigh-in!

@rachelleahsmom _ I so love your "owning responsibility for the results" attitude toward the weigh-in number. And you must have done really well early in the week if those days balanced out misbehaving on the weekend. So yay for all the work you did! And yay for being back on track!

@mrmcgrath - So glad to see you back!

@Canzone777 - Woohoo! Wow! Great weigh-in!

So many people doing such great work! This team is just amazing!
This discussion has been closed.