Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I did the Fit/Split Push/Pull premix and did only the upper body portions. It took about 45 minutes and was a good upper body workout. I strained my shoulder a bit on Monday (I think I did it while vacuuming :o), so I eliminated the lateral raises and lifted a little lighter on some of the other shoulder work, but even with that I felt challenged. For cardio, I did a HiiT and Hills ride from Peloton. It was so tough but also so much fun. I really don’t know how that is possible! But it is. :D

Thelma, great workout!! It has been about 17 years since I first did that Legs and Glutes workout and I will never forget the first time I did it. I, like you, thought I might just lay down and never get up again. And she moves so fast!! So kudos to you for getting through it. I really hope you like the Push/Pull workout. Both Push/Pull and Supersets are good, shorter total body workouts. But I think both really shine in the premixes with the upper and lower body options. Hopefully you find a premix that works for you. I am sorry to hear about the medication. I so hope your RA does not return in force. I love having you along in this rotation. I can’t believe it has been a year since you stopped working! :o Time is flying. Like you, we are colder now, which I am kind of enjoying.....at least for a few days. :) Of course, Laurie and Erika will laugh at our colder since it is.....35. :D

Laurie, great workout. Jessica Smith will never not amaze me with her workouts. She makes everything look so easy, and I always go into them thinking of them as easy. And then I am like ‘wait.....I am working here! Really??’ And she just keeps smiling. Sounds like you have a good plan with the circuit workouts. I have a Bob Harper Kettlebell workout as well, but outside of his Warrior Yoga, I never meshed with his DVD workouts. While I like Bob quite a bit, there was just some thing almost punitive in his demeanor that I didn’t care for. Maybe I was watching too much Biggest Loser when I was doing them! :D Stay warm and safe up there! Just had a flash of news on my screen about a winter storm across the northern US. Don’t know if it is headed your way but if so, hope you can enjoy a weekend doing projects at home. And watching Green Bay football. :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!!

Wowsa, what a week it's been! We've had some unexpected health issues with my oldest that started Sunday, so our week was consumed with multiple doctors appointments, missing school all week, missing a lot of work to attend the Dr appts and then trying to catch up on work today. Now, we've got a snowstorm and we are supposed to head to Hudson, WI (about 45 min from us) for a hockey game in the morning and afternoon. We'll see how that looks tomorrow...they are cancelling schools, colleges, etc here right now.

I've been reading The Metabolism Plan, by recommendation of a friend. Such an interesting read, but not sure what tidbits to take out of it for future use!

I pre-ordered the new Cathe program...love when those emails come out!

Thelma, your workouts are just sounding so wonderful! I love the Yoga style mixed with the weights! Funny, I have pulled my groin several times in the last few weeks and I think it's jacks/plank jacks or sumo squats. Interesting how getting older makes all these random injuries occur! I'm glad you survived the big storm...I never realized how much rain falls in your area! BTW, we got my inlaws the air fryer you recommended and they love it. It's been a champ with how much we use it so had to get it for them for Christmas!

Laurie, I haven't checked to see how far east the snow is going, but if you're getting it, hang on tight! It is coming at a good clip! I'm going to check out the Kelly workouts...I have been meaning to and your talk of her workouts just reminded me. She's my 2nd favorite instructor after Cathe!

Laurel, that's a very close tornado to you, I'm glad you're safe! Those are so scary, and it's hard to tell where they are going next! Glad you are still getting some nice, rain free days to golf! I like the sounds of your mix for summer...I really am enjoying Cathe's last several programs and mixing them all together with different weeks of different ones would be fun!

Tami, I hope you are well!

Off to workout, and then relax and enjoy the long weekend. Hopefully the roads are clear for our travels tomorrow and our son's health continues to improve. Nothing life threatening (we ruled out the really bad stuff) but still some testing and he gets to wear a heart monitor on his chest 24/7 for 2 weeks. I'll be excited when we get the "all clear" on everything we are checking for!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a very nice weekend. The temps turned cold on Friday night and tonight will be the coldest night of the week. By tomorrow morning the temps will be in the high teens. Saturday was a very rainy day and today has been a very windy and cold day. I found out the other day that last Saturday a tornado actually touched down in our county! No wonder it was so windy and rainy! This worries me!

My workouts on Friday were Restorative Healing yoga, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body and Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit. Nothing on Saturday and today STS Meso 2, Disc 16 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Stretch and Jessica Smith Power Walking. I am still loving the rotation and I'm kind of sad that it will end in a couple of weeks!

Laurie, that JS Get Strong Stepping Strength workout sounds really good! I hope your temps warmed up!

The L&G workout is really tough and I'm really glad I pushed through it. Thanks for the "trouper" comment!

Laurel, awesome combo on Friday! Thanks for timing the Fit/Split Push/Pull premix! I'm sorry you strained your shoulder while vacuuming! A great strategy to make the shoulder workout a little lighter. I hope you're feeling better.

I can't believe it's been 17 years since you first did Legs and Glutes! It is a hard workout but I liked it and I still stretch a lot and massage my lower body. I honestly think the stretch and massage helped me reduce any possible DOMS. Once I figured out that I have to lower my step by one riser from what Cathe uses, I felt safe and the exercise felt right. I'm pretty sure I will like the Push/Pull workout.

I hope the RA doesn't come back in force. I am hoping that because the current med has lowered the RA inflammation the new med may actually work quickly. I love doing the rotation with you too and I honestly can't believe how much I'm loving this rotation. Laurie and Erika call 35 a heatwave! LOL

Hi Erika! I'm sorry your son got sick. It really sounds like a very challenging week. I hope your boy is feeling better and that you managed to catch up on work.
    Sounds like you were expecting a bad snowstorm if schools and colleges were being canceled. I hope you were able to make it to the game!

You'll have to tell us what you learned from The Metabolism Plan book! Congrats on ordering Cathe's new program! I've yet to do it. Still waiting for a Daily Deal DVD I don't have.

I am loving my workouts and this rotation rocks. The sculpting fusion workout is not really a yoga workout. It's just a sculpting workout with maybe some type of pilates move. The instructor is a lot of fun and makes us laugh even she's killing us. Interesting that you also had a groin pull! For me, it was the jacks/plank combo. We were glad we survived the storm too! It is unbelievable how much it rains here! How thoughtful of you to get the air fryer for your inlaws! I'm so glad they like it too. We don't use ours as much as you do but when we do, we're always happy we got it.

Hi Tami!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice but very cold weekend. We had quite a bit of snow that started on Friday, and we woke up to a pile on Saturday morning. It then got really really cold, just couldn't seem to get warm. I didn't workout at all, it was a good time to do some of my crocheting to keep warm. :D The thought of heading down into a cold basement didn't appeal at all. Disappointed in the outcome of the game for sure. This morning was ICE Boot Camp Circuit. <3

Laurel, Love the sound of that workout! I have been making an excel list of all the workouts that I have. I'm making a tab for each category. I can't believe how many upper body workout there are with all the premixes. So you did the push/pull premix but nixed the lower body work? As I'm doing the workout I am making notes so that I can look back and see what they where like. I'm hit or miss with Bob. His newer workouts are better than the ones that he first put out. So this week I'm going to try out one of the kettlebell workouts, and if it isn't my thing then I'm getting rid of it. They actually produced another Biggest Loser series, and Bob is the host. I'm hoping that they don't run it like the previous one. From what I understand none of the contestants from previous seasons have kept the weight off. How sad that they didn't give them the tools for success.

Erika, I'm so sorry to hear that your ds has been having health issues. Yes we had snow. :p It was a mixed bag of snow and sleet, but mostly snow. Have not hear of that book, so will have to do some digging. Hope that there are some things that will be of use for you. Congrats on the purchase, I'm looking forward to them. Since my knee has been doing so much better, I'm a lot more confident when doing jumps. Couldn't believe I did quite a bit of jumping on the step this morning. One of the newer workouts that I highly recommend of Kelly's is her Cardio & Sculpt Overload. She uses a 6lb weighted vest, and I use my 12lb. I don't know if you have a weighted vest, but it sure is a good one.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Dang on the cold temps. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the rotation.I think that my hands where cold all weekend, and couldn't get warm. I think that you will really enjoy the Push/Pull workout, it is one of my favorites. The Superset workout is also very good if you use the right amount of weight. Personally I can go higher on some of the upper body exercises, vs. what Cathe is lifting.

Tami, I hope that you are doing well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was quiet and cold, but nice. Unfortunately my shoulder has not improved. Thankfully it hasn’t gotten any worse either! There is just a pain doing certain moves and consulting the internet (worst idea ever, I know), I probably have a case of tendonitis. I have had bicep tendonitis before in my left arm, and it feels exactly like that. Since my shoulder still feels strong and I have full range of motion, I am not too concerned. But, for the time being, I am off upper body workouts. :'( But my shoulders are so wonky I don’t want to play around with this. Having had frozen shoulder in my left arm before, I will take whatever time it takes to heal this properly to prevent that in my right arm.

Anyhow, for workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Feel Good Fusion into a 30 minute yoga routine from Peloton. Yesterday was STS Disc 17/Legs followed by a 30 minute HiiT spin class from Peloton. Today was IMAX4, the doubled blast premix which made it 60 minutes long. I loved this premix! I followed it with STS No Equipment Abs and a foam rolling session from Peloton focused on hamstrings. Boy did that feel good! I figured I would take this time of no upper body work to work on stretching and flexibility. :) I think my body might like this. :D

Erika, I am so sorry to hear about your son’s health! I hope everything is okay, and am glad all the bad stuff has been ruled out. But it sounds like it has been pretty scary for you! Sounds like an interesting book. I just started reading ‘Anti Diet’ by Christy Harrison. I have listened to a few of her podcasts and while I don’t agree with all of her ideas on weight, I do find the idea of intuitive eating makes really good sense. Stay safe in your weather!

Thelma, great workouts! I am, sadly, not going to be able to finish this rotation with you. :'( I am hoping I am not out of upper body workouts for too long, but with my shoulders, I just don’t know. Anyhow, since you are enjoying this rotation, you can repeat it if you want until I am able to catch up. Or when you are done and if you are interested in what I had planned next, I can post that for you. Let me know. Makes me happy you are enjoying this so much! I was too!! Stay warm!!

Laurie, great workout! I love that one. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a cold, snowy weekend. Yes, unfortunately, the Packers just didn’t have their best game last night. But what a great season they had. I have a feeling if both the 49ers and Chiefs play like they have done these past two weeks, it could be a really good Super Bowl though. I think I may try to watch some of the new Biggest Loser shows. I think the show has received enough criticism for its practices that I would be surprised if it didn’t change its format a bit. I saw a preview of Bob talking about how much his heart attack taught him as well, so I really hope their approach is more ‘listen to your body’ and less ‘you can’t quit!!!’. And I hope the overall emphasis is on health, which the original Biggest Loser touched on but probably not quite enough. Anyhow, on the Fit/Split Push/Pull, yes, I did the Pull/Push premix and just chattered through the lower body sections.

Tami, hope you are doing well!

Laurel
  • Omnifits
    Omnifits Posts: 2 Member
    What is the importance of Yoga in our daily life? It is important to have some time in the hand to get the peace and calm the mind. But the problem is, even with that time, people do not know what to do to get that peace. Most of them tend to watch movies or play games. Playing or doing physical workouts can be useful. But one of the most trending ways to do is Yoga. People know about the basics of Yoga that it is good but have no idea how much. So, knowing about the importance of Yoga becomes even more important. As you know more about Yoga, you start liking it.

Yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices which was originated initially in India. It is a collection of asana (postures) of which some might seem impossible to do. But the ultimate aim of Yoga is to transcend the self attain enlightenment. It can be a way of living for some aiming toward the healthy mind in a healthy body.

-Yoga exercises help in recharging the body with cosmic energy.
    -Attainment of perfect equilibrium and harmony.
    -Promote self-healing.
    -Helps in removing the negative blocks from the mind and toxic from the body.
    -It enhances personal power.
    -Help in attaining the focus and concentration, which can be quite helpful.

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were STS Meso 2 Disc #17 Legs, Barre and JS Hitt for Beginners. I had to do the leg workout before the Barre class this morning. It was so hard because I was feeling tired. The barre class was done using one of those resistance loops. OMG! She killed our lower and upper body with that little loop. My legs were already tired from the STS workout!

The temp this morning was 18F and it felt like 13F. It was a very cold and windy today. There were a few baby snowflakes too. At 2 PM there was a 3.8 magnitude earthquake in TN which was felt in BR. I didn't feel it though.

Laurie, great workout this morning! I used to have the same issue in MA with the cold basement so I bought a space heater! I can totally understand that you didn't feel like working out because you were so cold. I hate it when I can't warm up!

I hope crocheting helped you warm your hands up. I wonder if you were tired? I usually have a hard time keeping my body warm when I'm tired. If you have a problem with cold hands you might have Raynaud's syndrome which I have. It's very important to keep your hands warm.
    I am really looking forward to trying the push/pull workout.

Laurel, I'm really sorry about your shoulder injury! I'm glad you're not going to be doing upper body workouts in order to allow the injury to heal. There are lots of shoulder stretch videos on youtube and maybe some of them can help. I found this gentle Yin yoga workout. Yin is all about stretching. You hold a stretch for a while.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyHBLQNjRjs

Great job getting all those workouts in! I am sad you won't be doing the rotation with me but you need to take care of that injury. I think I will continue with this rotation until you get better. Since I was sick during the Gym Style phase, I will go back to that after this STS phase.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I pulled out one that I have not done in a very very long time. I did Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Core. <3

Laurel, I'm so sorry to hear that your shoulder is bothering you. Great job on all your workouts, and taking advantage of this small setback to get in some more stretching. I think that is an excellent idea. I'm actually going to watch the Super Bowl this year. Last year I didn't want to watch it, because the outcome seemed to be set. I have to admit that I'm hoping KC wins, I have a soft spot for their coach. ;) Last night I saw a commercial for the BL, and it appears that they are giving the contestants counseling. At least they have Bob talking to them. :D I hope that it works out better than the previous ones. I'm probably going to be watching it also. Cool about that workout, I will have to try that idea out since that makes it within my time range.

Thelma, Great job on the lower body torture! ;) We had the wonderful temperature of 6F this morning, so we didn't go for a walk. Rocket has a problem with his feet in this type of weather, and I didn't want the hassle of putting his rubber booties on him. I'm going to try making myself some of those gloves that leave your fingers free. Sometimes at work I have cold hands, so maybe I just need to keep the hands warm. Right now I'm fine.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin/climb from Peloton followed by a standing yoga routine from Kristin McGee and a standing abs routine from Jessica Smith. Both those last two workouts really challenged my balance, which is what I was looking for today. I also felt the latter quite a bit in the side of my abdomen....which makes sense since it was supposed to target the ‘love handles’. Really enjoyed this combination today. The shoulder is the same, which I am fine with. If it is tendonitis, I don’t expect quick results. That it isn’t getting worse, though, makes me happy. I have no pain at all except when I have my arm at a certain angle so, as far as injuries go, I’ve had worse. :#

Thelma, great workouts! I am not sure I could have done a barre workout after STS Legs! :o Thank you for the yoga link. The standing yoga I did today actually stretched out the shoulders and forearms quite a bit and I think I could benefit from more of that. So I will definitely give that routine a try. I am hoping I will be back to lifting in about a month, but, like I said, I am going to give this time to fully recover so am not setting a deadline. So if you are willing to wait up more me on this rotation, I would love that. I will probably need a week or two after I feel ready to lift before I jump into anything heavy though. I, too, have Raynaud’s syndrome. Freaks my DH out when my fingers go completely white...and then turn deep purple when I warm them up! The only time it bothers me is when it happens and I am not near running water. The only thing that will get the blood to start flowing again for me is running them under extremely hot water. Sounds like our temps are almost the same right now. We had a few snowflakes yesterday too but today is sunny. Makes it feel warmer even if it isn’t warmer.

Laurie, great workout! I wish I had paid more attention to the clock when I did the Push/Pull upper body only workout, but I think it clocked in between 45-50 minutes. But I did take a mini-break in the middle to reset my barbell and such. But it was a pretty manageable length. I, too, have a soft spot for Andy Reid. There are a lot of connections between the 49er and the Broncos with Kyle Shanahan and such, but I think I will still be pulling for the Chiefs. The way they came back against the Texans two weeks ago was nothing short of amazing. But, finally, this is one year I will be happy for either team to win. :)

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Yes, it is me your long lost MFP friend. :) I feel almost like a stranger here … :( .. I finally had an extra minute to eat my lunch and sit and type to you all. So a couple Friday’s ago when I was only days into my new office/responsibilities, etc. the girl who I was filling in for ended up missing all of last week due to being out sick. So I filled in for her and my job from that Friday until yesterday …. Yesterday we only worked until noon due to it being a holiday. So it was very busy and usually just ate while I worked.

Workouts have mostly been Peloton rides after work. I did finally get myself back on track Saturday with a nice ICE Metabolic Total Body + Blizzard Blast, Sunday was PHA 3 and yesterday was a Peloton ride. Today I am planning on a Peloton ride again when I get home.

I think for this week I am going to stick to total body/circuit and Peloton for my workouts. At least until I get “back on track” feeling and get myself up in the a.m. ;) Today already feels back to normal a little more so hopefully I will be in full swing tomorrow, etc. Maybe pick back up with the next portion of the rotation with you ladies. :)

I did receive a nice compliment from my supervisor yesterday and she thanked me for doing such an awesome job last couple of weeks during a sudden transition and doing 2 jobs at once. She told me it was "impressive"; so that felt nice. She is being “forced” to take some time off due to her erratic behavior the last few months. Hoping things get better there. One of the other title officers is now going to be in charge of training me since it has been 2 years of no training. So once things return to normal we will start working together.

Laurel: I am sorry to hear about your shoulder pain. I know you are probably more disappointed than anyone to have it happen, but sounds like you are going to be patient and do what needs to be done to heal. The setbacks we have some time are NO fun forsure. Your workouts are still AMAZING! Way to go. Love that you are still enjoying your Peloton App.

I'm with you on the Super Bowl. Had Tennessee made it my husband would have been beside himself. That is truly his favorite team of all time and was so thrilled they made it that far. So not sure who we will be rooting for but it should be a great Super Bowl to watch.

Laurie: Way to go pulling out your 10LB Slimdown workout. I know you have always loved that one. I am sorry about your Packers losing. That must have been a huge bummer for you guys. I guess you know how my DH feels too. :s

Thelma: It looks like your workouts are going well and you are feeling a little better? I hope so anyway. Way to go with all that you have been doing.

Hi Erika :)

I will check back in tomorrow ladies .... sorry to be so brief on my responses. I (once again) have missed my daily check ins and look forward to being back with you all now that things are resuming to a more normal routine.

Happy Tuesday! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I was really tired to get my STS Disc #18 Back and Biceps workout in.

Laurie, great job with your workout today!

You're having really cold temps! Great idea to knit yourself some of those fingerless gloves! I used to wear these things called Wristies to keep my hands warm at work. I liked that they're really fingerless and didn't get on my way when typing.

Laurel, great workout combo! Sorry, your shoulder still feels the same but as you said, it isn't getting worse. I think that if you have tendonitis the injury was probably there before you vacuumed the other day. Are you taking anything like Aleve or Advil to help with the inflammation?

Doing Barre after a leg workout is not easy but I had to do it because I had a dental cleaning appointment in the afternoon. I kind of like the torture of going from a tough leg workout to Barre though. I'm glad the standing yoga workout stretched out your shoulders. I hope that injury heals quickly so you can lift again. I will wait for you to start the next rotation. I'm enjoying this rotation so I'm glad to repeat it. OMG, I had no idea you had Raynaud's syndrome too! My hands got pretty bad last year. They were turning blue and that freaked me out. Like you, I have to run them under hot water. They are better this winter. Even when I first moved here last year they were turning white. I saw a couple of tiny snowflakes today too. We had a very sunny day but it was still very cold.

Hi Tami! I had the feeling you were busy with your new job, but I never imagined you were filling in for someone else too! I thought those days were over! That's what you get for learning everybody's job! LOL. I am so glad your hard work is being recognized. You totally deserve it! it's about time someone is impressed with your work Tami. You totally earned that recognition! We're so proud of you! Is the supervisor who recognized your work the same lady who was forced to take time off? I'm so glad you're finally going to get the training you've been wanting for so long!

Great job getting workouts in even though you've been doing two jobs! I am feeling better. It is a very different experience doing the workouts now that I don't have to do them after a long day at work. I never would've imagined that I would enjoy doing the STS workouts! I always dreaded the STS routines because they are so long but now I love them! Go figure!

Keep up the good work Tami!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jillian's Killer Body Toned Back, Shoulders & Arms. Now this one does have chest work in it, so why isn't it just called Killer Body Upper. :/ It is a good workout though. Up in the double digits this morning, so Rocket got a walk. :D

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! I'm glad to hear that the shoulder is not getting worse. Sounds like you are tackling some much needed workouts. Balance is one of those things (like stretching) that we tend to avoid because it doesn't get the hr up there. I will have to get out of bed a little earlier to try out that upper body workout, just in case. That is one thing that I have noticed about the 49'rs games. They sure do focus on the fact that the coach is a Shanahan. :D

Tami, So glad that you had just a few moments to get on and talk. I can't believe that you have been having to deal with these issues at work, but great job rolling up your sleeves and tackling it. I'm sure that your boss was very thankful. My oldest dd has been training new employee's, and her boss also gave her a compliment on how well she has been doing. Just to bad that the two ladies have not been doing their homework. :o Great job on your workouts! I'm sure that you are really glad that you have your Peloton. Good thinking on the total body type workouts. I'm doing something similar, but tying to have most of them being metabolic. It is hard to find upper body workouts that have a metabolic effect, so I'm looking at more premixes for those. Yep those workouts where some of my favorites, and this morning reminded me of why I liked them so much. My core was letting me know I had worked it good.

Thelma, Nice job with the workout! I was very happy this morning when the temp was in the high 20's. I just don't enjoy walking in those single digits, because most of the time the wind is blowing too. Makes for a really cold walk.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! My workout was short today because of an early hair appointment. I did Cathe Live Hi-Lo Cardio with core. It felt good even though kind of short. Something is better than nothing! My arm is definitely improving now. It is amazing what a little rest can do. :) I am definitely going to stay patient with it though because, no doubt, it was an overuse injury. So I want to be completely pain free before I start back.

Tami, great to see you! Sounds like a very busy time at work, but I am glad your efforts were recognized. Sounds like you have a good plan to get back on track with your workouts. I imagine you feel like nothing has been normal since you went to Florida! Hopefully things calm down soon. You know me well enough I don’t like injuries. B) But I am at least getting smarter about not ignoring them. :) I was so impressed by Tennessee this year! I really hope they can continue on with their winning ways next year. They were wonderful to watch in the playoffs.

Thelma, sorry to hear about being tired. No doubt I did something to flare up an already existing problem in my arm/shoulder. But it is getting better. I shy away from anti inflammatories because my tummy doesn’t like them so, no, I haven’t taken anything. But I have been icing it to help with inflammation.

Laurie, great workout! It is strange to put push-ups in a workout that specifically does not mention chest! Glad you warmed up enough to go for a walk. I used to love balance work because I had really good balance. But aging has not helped that. :o So being able to see how my balance has been effective by age makes me want to do it more, which is good. Some days are definitely better than others with it. Yesterday was not one of the good balance days. :D But it could have been the tough spin ride before it impacted it.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ As I mentioned yesterday, I was able to do my Peloton workout when I got home and would have had time for more had I known DH would be gone into the evening. Oh well, did a nice 45 minute Tabata Ride which is always a great workout. This a.m. was LITE Total Body Metabolic, always fun. May get in another ride tonight.

Thelma: You are so sweet, thank you. Yes, the supervisor that praised me is the one that has been having issues and forced to take some time off the last few weeks. Luckily she is still being pretty kind to me, it is just her terrible moods and working around her that is challenging. So it does feel good to know our main manager of the whole office is seeing it and he has also seen what I have done in a short time. Feels good to have the ball finally rolling again. 😉 We have a department meeting in the a.m. so we will see what’s happening. Excellent job with STS! I know what you mean on having a tough leg workout and then follow it up with something else …. However, Barre is always challenging for me because of the different muscles you use compared to strength.

Laurie: Brrrr on your temps. Glad it warmed up for your to take Rocket out this a.m. Excellent job with your workouts as well. It’s true, hard to find upper body workouts that are metabolic; I will be eye balling some of yours to get some ideas. I really like the last couple I have done but need to alternate with total body (heavier weights) as well. Excellent job this a.m. with JM Killer Body Toned Back, Shoulders/Arms … Killer Upper sounds like it would have been appropriate. LOL Maybe she has another one out there with that name. Thank you for the kudos and well wishes. It has been a lot but I am proud of myself for “rolling up my sleeves” and going for it. I always told my mom, if they would just give me a chance and more to do I know I can do it. Well, it’s happening! YAAAS 😊

Laurel: Excellent job getting in your workout before your appt! I am happy to hear your arm is improving and your are already able to tell that. You know better than anyone how it is doing and what not to do forsure. Way to be patient. Yes, it has been A LOT since we touched down from Florida with the holidays, DH being sick until probably last week ….. GEEZ and all the work stuff. I am happy that the “normal” feeling is returning.

Did you all see Cathe’s new workout series …. Funny how she is pumping them out these days! Now, this one looks like more of a “doable” series and one that I would like. :)

Have a great evening ladies ~ I will be here tomorrow! Tami
    {so good to be back with you all} :)<3:);)
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Our temp early this morning was 14 degrees! At least it wasn't windy so it didn't feel as cold as it sounds. By the afternoon the temps had climbed up into the 40's. Heatwave!

My workouts today were Beginner Gentle, Sculpted-Movement Fusion and Up to BEat Fit 2 ml Walk. I discovered the Up to BEat Fit workouts. The instructor is fun and the workouts are dancy so I had a good time. It actually made me sweat and got my heart rate elevated. I'll be doing more of these workouts.

Laurie, great upper body workout! I'm glad you had warmer temps this morning! It really isn't fun to be outdoors when the weather is cold and windy! I bet Rocket enjoyed the walk too.

Laurel, a great workout and great news about your arm feeling better! It definitely is an overuse injury if it is tendonitis. You have the right strategy for this injury. I'm glad you're icing the injured area. I hope you feel better soon.

Tami, great workouts! Sounds like the forced rest is helping your supervisor! I'm really glad she is recognizing your hard work.
    Barre definitely works different muscles. I really like the challenge even though it feels like torture when it hurts. LOL

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jillian again with the complimentary workout Killer Body Get Firm Buns & Thighs. :D I just love titles of workouts. We had snow this morning, so it was a nice walk. I love how snow makes everything so quiet. ;)

Laurel, Great workout, and it sounds like it was fun. Glad to hear that your arm is improving, that has to ease your mind a bit. Jillian's workout this morning was all about balance. This one used light weights and body weight, and surprisingly my lower body is feeling it. She really does make good workouts. I'm sure that your previous workout had some impact on the balance part, but yes I can even see how age has a cause and effect. I was talking to my co-worker who is about my age. He said that if he wouldn't workout, he wonders what would have happened to him when he slipped on the ice. He was able to catch himself from falling, and attributes that to his running. I have to agree with him that it probably helped avoid a fall.

Tami, Two days in a row! :D Great job on the Peloton, and your LITE workout. This rotation is kind of a work in progress. I'm probably going to be slipping in some heavy work at some point, because I will probably miss it. Most leg work gets metabolic, so I'm not worried about those. It looks like you are very happy with the added responsibility. I'm sure that the day just flies by since you are busier.

Thelma, Nice job on the workouts. I know how you love those dancy workouts, and it got the hr up, so bonus! That is quite the temperature swing. Since our temps went up we will be in the snow for the next few days. I'm okay with the snow, because that means that the cold isn't as bad. Oh yes Rocket does love his walks. He doesn't like the snow in the ditches though. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Yesterday after I posted I slipped in a super fun 30 minute Peloton ride followed by a total body stretch. That made my workout yesterday feel a bit more complete.....and fun! Today was another fun one, dusting off some Cathe oldies. I did Leaner Legs followed by Rhythmic Step. Absolutely loved it! I followed it with another fantastic foam rolling routine from Peloton which targeted the glutes. Even with that I think my legs will be talking to me later because of Leaner Legs. :D

Tami, great workout! I am so happy that you are finally being challenged at work. That must feel so good after the frustrations of the last couple of years. I have already preordered Cathe’s new workouts. B) When she announced the Step Boss series last May at the Road Trip Laurie and I were at, she mentioned she would be putting out a series earlier in the year this year because they are trying to get away from Christmas. So, hopefully, this will be her new schedule. I love the sound of the new series and had hit ‘add to cart’ before finishing reading the descriptions. It definitely sounds more flexible than Step Boss.

Thelma, that’s cold!! We warmed up a bit yesterday and are buried in clouds and rain today. I don’t mind because at least this feels more like winter than the 70 degree days. I was getting a bit concerned I might not be ready for summer if it never got cold! But I saw about 6 robins in our front yard this morning and that sign of spring had me thinking I am ready for summer! :) I think living in Florida for those nearly three years broke ‘seasons’ for me. ;) Great workouts!

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. I bet the snow was pretty this morning. I do love some fresh, untouched snow. I definitely agree with the benefits of working out. With my back and shoulder injuries, I really wonder how limited I would be in my activity if I never worked out. I would wager I wouldn’t be able to golf (because of both issues), and that makes me sad. And, as you pointed out, there is the added benefit of stability and core strength to help when doing things like slipping on ice. I am actually a little surprised how many benefits I have felt from adding the additional yoga the past several months, and that makes me think I really should focus more on that type of workout than I do....if I could just get my mind wrapped around the fact I don’t need all the cardio I get. I am working on it, but the ‘I want cardio’ part of my brain still wins out more than it should. :#

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were Yin, Barre, Cathe's Body Blast Series Legs & Glutes and Up to the BEat Fit Fat Burning Walk. I can't get over how hard that Legs & Glutes workout is! It killed me again this week! I burned 905 calories with my workouts today! I wish I had the energy to do this every day!

Lots of rain here tonight. It sounds like heavy rain on our metal roof.

Laurie, great job with those workouts!
    I'm really excited to have found these dancy workouts. They allow me to get some cardio in without feeling like a workout. Perfect pace for me too.

Laurel, awesome job getting workouts in! I hope your arm feels better!
    We had warmer temps but it was cloudy with some showers during the day. Tonight though, it's a different story with the heavy rain.
    If we have a summer like the one we had last year, I won't mind it. I can't believe you already have robins! I just saw juncos here last week! I can't wait for the hummingbirds to come back!

Hi Tami!

Goodnight ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Must be on a Jillian kick since my workout of choice was her 30 Day Shred Level 3. :D I don't know why I enjoy her workouts so much. We had snow again this morning, but it was wet.

Laurel, Great job getting those workouts in after your appointment. Nice workouts yesterday also, it was a blast from the past type workouts for you. ;) I'm going to be doing some yoga on Sunday, that is for sure. I don't want to neglect that part anymore, and there isn't a football game on that I am interested in this weekend. There is no way that I will watch the Pro Bowl. They should call it flag football, because that is what it has become. I can sure understand the cardio, it is one of the things that I struggle with too. I think that may be why I chose the metabolic type workouts, because it does get the hr up. :D

Thelma, Awesome workouts! What a great calorie burn also. The Legs & Glutes workout is one of the tough ones, it just constantly moves from one exercise to the next. I take it you don't have a metal roof, since the rain made it sound like you did. That had to be a really hard rain.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute Peloton spin class followed by Cathe Live Icy To The Mat and Icy Core. My legs are officially done with me. :D But I have planned a pure stretch tomorrow.....either P90x Stretch or Cathe’s Yoga Relax. Maybe they will talk to me again after that. My arm continues to improve. Barely felt any twinge when I got up this morning. It tightens up as I use it throughout the day a bit, but is much better than it was last weekend for sure.

Thelma, wowza!! Great workouts! Great job getting through Legs and Glutes again! No doubt it is a tough, tough one! I am with you on last year’s summer. It didn’t really get hot until fall! The only thing I don’t like about warm weather is I prefer to sleep cold at night. If I could turn the AC down to 60 and not die when the electric bill showed up :o I probably would because I like a cold room when I sleep. But other than that, bring on summer! We have sunshine today after rain all yesterday. Feels good!

Laurie, great workout! Glad you are enjoying Jillian right now. I so agree about the Pro Bowl. I could almost handle the flag football aspect of it (almost) if it weren’t for all the sideline interviews and such. In other words, if it was just a game, okay. But they make it too much about personalities and not about sport for me. So no football for us this weekend either. But I have a list of household chores that I need DHs help with, so we have that to look forward to on Sunday. :) They are beginning to build houses on both sides of our home now, so I am thinking it is time to put up some blinds. :D:o

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel