Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Soccer cut short had dog apt and so I am home for day.

Miss T is an apple head long hair black and white chihuahua. Such a mouthful.

Made gravy from pan drippings and blackberry jam. I bought the blackberry jam to go with my plain yogurt, is 9 grams less sugar than flavored. Cant always swallow it plain.

My SDI benefits were approved and that makes things a little easier, for example I can put more than 2 gallons of gas in my car at one time.....

Lana - hook yourself up with a couple nice cups of herbal tea and/or drink lots of water. Take a nap if you can.

• Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Up for dog, will eat breakfast later.

Weigh in down another 1.8 - so far down 3.8 since on leave. Lots of water and not a lot of snacking.... hmmm. Craving potato chips, even talked myself down to a snack size bag, but staying away from grocery store.

Couple of errands that wont take long, but much of today will be job searching again.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Good morning Sara - ☀️ Congratulations on your great weigh in!!! Good for you!☀️

I'm with you on the plain yogurt--just can't do it. Blech!
    Have a good day with your job searching and errands.

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Kathryn and Laura and Nikki and AnnLiz and Tracy in Tennessee and Runa and Saltine and Meghan in Alachua, FL and Tracey in Edmonton and anyone else who pops by later on.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    🔵 Beck Day 13.1: Overcome Cravings

This is a chapter very thick with information....so I've chosen a few highlights. This chapter gets into the CBT, with mindset techniques and behavioral techniques, so let's take more than one day to learn about this.

Today, we have some of her pearls of wisdom:

"To weaken the intensity and reduce the frequency of cravings, you have to stop giving in to them.....
    Cravings start to diminish the moment you decide you're absolutely NOT going to stray from your diet.
    They increase when you're indecisive about whether or not to eat."

"The emotionally painful part about a craving is the struggle you feel. Once you can say to yourself with total conviction NO CHOICE!, the craving will diminish."
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Round 2 of winter weather advisory coming early morning. Sleet, snow, rain, ice...could be interesting going to work...or, maybe I will get a 4 day weekend...hehe

Had a scary incident hit close to home. My SIL told me of a first grader, in her school district, brought a gun to school and a list of people. Thankfully, was not at my nieces school. But, still...that poor little girl...what could be so awful in her life at this age? As much as I have always wanted kids, I am really ok for never having any. You can’t even send them to school without worrying....

Oh my goodness! I wonder if that little girl was bullied or constantly made fun of. Children can be so cruel to each other. 😥
    Sara's advice is spot-on!

Lana

That was my thought exactly. I know, people don't sympathize with the "shooter" but, how can you not at this age. Something traumatic is going on in her life...
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    If there is a reason one loves winter it is today. We got a lot of snow Saturday and today the sun is shining. I broke out the snow shoes and got a good workout. Today is a work from home day. My official weigh in scale is at work, so I will avoid that number today.
    Beck - cravings. That will be a tough one. I tend to give in. Even if just a nibble, but you all know where that leads. I will decide one craving at a time which I will say no choice. I think my first will be candy/dessert. Here we go!
    Have a great rest of the day Monday! Waves to all.
    Sara! Congrats on the weight loss. Less stress in your life for sure!
    Lana - thanks for the new “day” even though it will take us a few days. I am good with that!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Yesterday's errands are today with bank holiday.

Got ahold of my pcp assistant and we changed the date of my f/u to before the end date of my 4 week leave. I promised my pcp a fasting blood draw - whoops better get one done!

Lynn - glad you took advantage of the sun and the snow. That is a good workout!

Dog is up and fed so back under the covers for me.

Beck thought - dont you just love how you can get sodas at the Pet shop and junk food at the gas station. That stuff is everywhere......like a bad dream. NO CHOICE is helping at the moment.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Hi!
    Another AM of snowshoeing. Colder today and in the dark because it was prework walk with Maggie. But now that I have my snowshoe track I can follow it easier in the dark. The trees were all frosty so my flashlight made it look like little diamonds everywhere! Made me forget my cold nose!
    Beck - bought myself a clearance planner for 2020 that has enough room to write some lines every day. Has a goal spot at beginning of each month and each week. Can do my to do list and make notes of my successes.
    CW 194.2
    HW 207
    GW 189
    Waves to all - lurking from work - Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Hey there Ladies~~

I am all discombobulated this morning, and must run now to get to an appointment with DH and former co-worker.

Let's continue to practice that NO CHOICE thing!

Big hugs and waves to Lynn and Sara and Dawn and to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

(avoiding the scale in a cowardly fashion)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    qo84ozcy3r4l.png

7zudl3jaihfp.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Up for dog, fasting blood draw for me. Luckily the lab opens at 7 and there is a good supermarket in the same parking lot.

My sleeping patterns have pushed my breakfast a good 3 to 4 hours ahead and I am not as lightheaded as I expected so that is my Beck fasting. I will buy breakfast at the store but leave the potato chips alone.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Hope your labs and fasting went well Sara. Good thing it was early!
    Quiet group here lately :smile:
    Have a nice bowl of turkey noodle soup for lunch. Looking forward to it!

CW 193
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Phlebotomist recommended their breakfast sandwiches which with the croissant was caloric but a lot more nutritious than the bakery items I was going to get...... Peeing in a cup has not been a problem until this morning. Gee whiz.

Store had premade soup and I looked at the sodium 1200mg per serving. I had to put it back. I also saw the potato chips at the deli and left them alone.

• LanaCabana537

Happy Wednesday All~~

No Beck today - we had a very early appointment at Sloan to meet the surgeon who will be doing DH's procedure on Feb 11. All went well, but both of us are dead tired because we didn't sleep well/much last night. I tried to take a nap just now, but I just couldn't drop off to sleep. I hope that DH gets some sleep; he was a big crabapple this morning.

Sara - I especially like your thing that you posted "....to make your life better". I need to make that my desktop photo for a while.
    I'm glad that your testing is over and done with.
    Isn't it a sin how much sodium they put in foods. Just awful.

Lynn--you keep on chugging along - atta girl!

Waves to all who follow~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

🧡 THURSDAY 🧡

Good morning All~~

Question of the Day: Do you plan your food day?
    Do you actually write it down?
    Do you not plan, but have a general idea?

Lana

257.0 today
    255.0 "highest"
    223.0 June 30 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana thank you for starting us. Miss T let me sleep in and that is appreciated.

I buy for week, have things in freezer and budget dictates my eating so no spontaneous eating out. This week my breakfast sandwich was delicious but way too $$ so I may make some in the future but using English Muffins instead of Croissants ( they dont freeze as well). Also thinking of making the broccoli/cheese soup I saw in the store which I can make with less sodium as the cheese has enough.

No errands today so I hope to get out and walk.

That is Miss and myself snoring in the corner. Going back for more sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning,
    Nice you could sleep in some Sara.
    I do not write my food down as a plan, but I try hard to plan. Ensure I have dinner planned is the big thing. Breakfast I eat same thing almost every day lunch is planned by bringing salad or leftovers. Dinner sometimes I falter.
    Waves to all!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

AOTD: Lately, I plan only in my head. When I plan in advance and actually write it down in my journal, I lose weight! Imagine that. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Now, I do try very hard to stock the fridge with only good things. Down in NC, I have a printable page that has my go-to foods that I keep in the fridge. When it's time to make a meal or plan out meals, I look at my list and figure out the meals. Also I tweet the list with ink colors, if I am out of some things.
    When it's time to go grocery shopping, I can see an inventory of what I have and what I need.

No way around it though: I've got to put some work into this process, or I will continue to get nowhere.

I need to set myself up well, and then use the "NO CHOICE".

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

TGIF !! Woo hoo for Fridays.

Today would be my day off as I have hair/pedicure. Pedicure lady asked if I could come earlier as she has to cook for Chinese New Year. Worked for me.

Have alarm set as I am up in the middle of the night and often do "sleep in" so as I have appointments......

Today for lunch is leftover asian noodle stir fry and dinner is a box in the freezer so no surprises. Banana with peanut butter after dinner was a nice treat last night (especially when I put a square of dark chocolate in....) I walked enough to have it all even out.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

🔵 Beck Day 14 is Plan for Tomorrow - write out or enter in computer all foods for the next day
    🔵 Beck Day 15 is Monitor Your Eating -

Read your Advantages Response Card at least twice every day.
    Eat Slowly sitting down and noticing every bite.
    Give yourself credit!
    Exercise
    Monitor everything you eat today.
    Make a food plan for tomorrow.