Is it weird?

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Is it weird that I get really sad or upset when people squish insects just because they can or just because they're in that person's home? Or mine? :(

Not weird. Not to me at least because I feel the same way when my neighbor with that mentality goes and steps on a june bugs that are "invating" his garage. Or he'll throw them into a fan killing them instantly. I think about the june bugs family☹ The only exception, mosquitos.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Is it weird that I get really sad or upset when people squish insects just because they can or just because they're in that person's home? Or mine? :(

Oh, boo. Have you ever ended up in the hospital with life threatening breathing issues & anaphylactic shock due to spider/insect bites? If not, you've no idea how dire & frightening it is.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I get this. We’re “scoop them up and put them back outside” people in my house

I leave non dangerous spiders in my house because they eat things like ants and roaches. All other insects I can scoop up, I put back outside to go live their insect lives somewhere else.
  • KosmosKitten
    MelG7777 wrote: »

You DO NOT want to know what my 3rd son did to a cicada once. I was right in the middle of explaining to them how it was about 14-17 years old and how it WAITED ITS WHOLE LIFE to emerge and mate and fulfill its destiny. Then it happened. I don’t normally get too sad about insects. But this was sad.

Edited to add...he was very young and didn’t understand. Just to clarify.

He gets a pass because he was young and probably didn't know any better. Poor cicada.
  • KosmosKitten
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

Oh, boo. Have you ever ended up in the hospital with life threatening breathing issues & anaphylactic shock due to spider/insect bites? If not, you've no idea how dire & frightening it is.

I've actually been bitten by black widows and a brown recluse before as well as a copperhead (young). Not great, I won't lie, but they're just living their lives. They aren't doing it to be malicious.

And as I've mentioned, I don't leave dangerous spiders or insects in my home because I have an eight year old and three cats (who would try to eat them... because they're stupid). They get scooped up carefully and taken away from my home to live outside somewhere.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

I get this. We’re “scoop them up and put them back outside” people in my house

I leave non dangerous spiders in my house because they eat things like ants and roaches. All other insects I can scoop up, I put back outside to go live their insect lives somewhere else.

I don’t mind spiders either. We really only put them outside if the kids want to but if i see one, I don’t bother.

Flies bug me though because they bite. Lil jerks
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Y'all Are Weird.
  • caco_ethes
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Y'all Are Weird.

Yer mom is- really, how is your mom?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    I really want to try the frozen gummie bears.
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Is it weird that nothing really feels weird, per se

Got to be weird stuff with someone that uses “per se” lol.

Is it weird that when I buy things like m&m’s, haribo’s ect I always separate by colour/type and not only eat all of one colour/type at a time but even have an certain order that I eat them in.

I TOTALLY do that with m&ms. We get those huge mega bags from one of our vendors and occasionally I'll take one home. I separate the colors into red and black, orange and yellow, and green. The blues get thrown out. Then I eat them in that order (but the doubled up colors have to have a 1 to 1 ratio unless I run out of a color) saving the best, green, for last. :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Y'all Are Weird.

Thanks for asking. <3

I spent some time with mom on Friday.

She's pretty sassy & her social calendar is quite full; I was happy to have some time with her.

Come to think of it, she's the least weird one in the family (which isn't saying a lot.).
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member

I've actually been bitten by black widows and a brown recluse before as well as a copperhead (young). Not great, I won't lie, but they're just living their lives. They aren't doing it to be malicious.

And as I've mentioned, I don't leave dangerous spiders or insects in my home because I have an eight year old and three cats (who would try to eat them... because they're stupid). They get scooped up carefully and taken away from my home to live outside somewhere.

So you've said several times. I brush the ones out that I can... if it's in my food & drowned (harkening back to my other post, which seems to have prompted your initial post here), then it's already dead.

You didn't end up in the hospital... that's great. My life is more important than anything that will cause me to die.
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    I really want to try the frozen gummie bears.
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Is it weird that nothing really feels weird, per se

Got to be weird stuff with someone that uses “per se” lol.

Is it weird that when I buy things like m&m’s, haribo’s ect I always separate by colour/type and not only eat all of one colour/type at a time but even have an certain order that I eat them in.

I do this too...but I have OCD, sooooooo
  • caco_ethes
    Y'all Are Weird.

Thanks for asking. <3

I spent some time with mom on Friday.

She's pretty sassy & her social calendar is quite full; I was happy to have some time with her.

Come to think of it, she's the least weird one in the family (which isn't saying a lot.).

I could take a page from her book. I think being social is how all those generations before us kept their sanity. In this day and age we talk about being social like its a necessary evil at best but man, i feel a lot better mentally when i am social.

Good for her though. Gotta love a sassy busy mom. ☺️
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Is it weird I can’t kill bugs? If one gets into my house I trap it with a cup and release it outside. I may or maybe tell them to not return when I let them go.
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited January 2020
    Is it weird I can’t kill bugs? If one gets into my house I trap it with a cup and release it outside. I may or maybe tell them to not return when I let them go.

Not weird. I tell the to pay rent next time they come back
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Is it weird that I only use this app for the forums 🤔
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member

I used to because i knew what i was eating everyday. Now i have to get back on track and i use it for counting calories too
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My work cat has her arms around my neck and is purring and biting my ear...it's *kitten* weird

We had a Maine Coon growing up and he would do that all the time. I miss him

They are the most gorgeous animals I've ever seen. If I can find a Maine Coon at a shelter, I'm gonna take him/her home!

I got one from a shelter. He got out and I haven't seen him since. I miss my "Puff" so much!
    ydqxcr087lf9.jpg

ecynf2qi84in.jpg

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited January 2020
    LiftNRiot wrote: »

I used to because i knew what i was eating everyday. Now i have to get back on track and i use it for counting calories too

Before I use to have the tracking part pretty dialed in... I tried it again but that portion of the app is basically dead to me 😂... It doesn't work at all, my exercise don't load, nor do my calories from Samsung health...

If I track anything it's on Samsung health, just works a little easier
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Is it weird that I need to go shop for dinner but don’t want to got out in the cold so I’m sitting here eating cold rice pudding from the can instead?