Taking longer than expected

Replies

• mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    edited January 2020
    Try2again. Thanks to all for the tips and encouragement. Please let me emphasize Sundays food choices are NOT the norm... For example today so far is a typical weekday since starting MFP ( notice the Protein Shake as in most brkfst's, The absence of bread / cheese / taters / fries/ chips / candy/ etc.) Now I probably will have a full dinner tonight but if beef I will mash out the grease cooked in a NuWave air convective oven without oil. I try to eat smaller portions of the sides that are carb heavy. Admittedly, I like evening cocktail and either popcorn, Simply Fit Crackers, pork rinds or cottage and pears for snacks. (in lieu of pre diet chips salsa, summer sausage and cheese, Ruffles etc ... ....
    = f68yyanthhb6.png
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    It always seems to go on faster and come off slower than expected. :) I am a numbers guy so I track my weight loss predicted vs actual. The real number to keep an eye on is the 4 week average. Lots of things can make your weight fluctuate - your weight loss over a longer period of time is much more indictive of your real results. If I find I am not losing what I expect, I look really hard at my logging. One national study said that people trying to log accurately are off as much as 15%. That can be the difference in hitting your goal and staying in the same place. I do wish you all the best!

fp60235ftmtc.png

Charles
  • mikebxb
    I no longer do biscuits and gravy, fast food breakfast sandwiches, fried foods. One of you mentioned potatos I may go back to a baked spud occasionally but will have to offset the carbs elsewhere that day..With your help and using MFP I am absolutely sure that I am eating healthier overall.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    mikebxb wrote: »
    Try2again. Thanks to all for the tips and encouragement. Please let me emphasize Sundays food choices are NOT the norm... For example today so far is a typical weekday since starting MFP ( notice the Protein Shake as in most brkfst's, The absence of bread / cheese / taters / fries/ chips / candy/ etc.) Now I probably will have a full dinner tonight but if beef I will mash out the grease cooked in a NuWave air convective oven without oil. I try to eat smaller portions of the sides that are carb heavy. Admittedly, I like evening cocktail and either popcorn, Simply Fit Crackers, pork rinds or cottage and pears for snacks. (in lieu of pre diet chips salsa, summer sausage and cheese, Ruffles etc ... ....

I didn't assume your choices were typical, just pointing out that as long as you were in your calorie goal, it wouldn't matter.

I do agree with @Jthanmyfitnesspal above that you might want to double check your calorie goal.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,515 Member
    mikebxb wrote: »
    One of you mentioned potatos I may go back to a baked spud occasionally but will have to offset the carbs elsewhere that day..With your help and using MFP I am absolutely sure that I am eating healthier overall.

All good stuff. There really isn't anything wrong with a good old potato coming in at a mere 110kcals (depending on weight). It is a nutritious choice. Tasty, too. The hard part is giving up the butter, sour cream, and bacon bits, and it's hard to eat plain. I can recommend pouring some chicken or beef stock over it. That's good eating!

A sweet potato is much easier to eat plain or with a very small amount of butter and is also a great food choice. (I mostly eat those.)
  • mikebxb
    Good Day! 214lbs today and came in under my goals yesterday. (except sodium).
  • mikebxb
    edited January 2020
    212.4 today. yeehaw Belly B Gone is back on track 0dn64sxcyg4t.jpg YESTERDAY = xzh1zsponar0.png
    I adjusted the CARB up and lowered the Protein *as suggested*

• mikebxb
    Just read this on HEALTHLINE.. It Lines up with what my Dr. suggested
    "The dietary guidelines recommend that carbs provide 45 to 65 percent of your daily calorie intake. So if you eat a 2000-calorie diet, you should aim for about 225 to 325 grams of carbs per day. But if you need to lose weight, you will get much faster results eating around 50 to 150 grams of carbs."
  • mikebxb
    Duck_Puddle. "You may also lose the will to live because carbs are delicious." LOL Good one!
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Just my 2cents here but a "diet" just gives you temporary short term results. If you want to live a fitter healthier life you have to think long term and focus more on your habits and lifestyle vs what the scale says. I think that a lot of people over think the macros and workout routines. If it comes from a box or bag its not healthy. Any workout or activity should be seen as a good thing. It can start with something as simple as going for a 15 minute walk after every meal. When you are in a rush grab some fruit instead of fast food. Small lifestyle changes will give you better long term results. Meal prepping has made a HUGE difference in my eating habits. Cooking breakfast, lunch and snacks ahead of time make it easier to stick with good choices. Setting fitness goals are just as important as weight goals as well. Go for a walk, hike, run, bike ride whatever you choose and focus on improving on that. Changing up your workouts will keep it from getting boring and make it more fun. Best of luck and keep up the hard work!