Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• DecadeDuchessDecadeDuchess Member Posts: 315 Member Member Posts: 315 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I'm going to the store, d'you want anything?

Yeah can you bring me some impossible to remember coffee order?

Sure, why don't I just balance a ball on my nose and hop the whole way on one foot for you while I'm at it 🙄

Lol. I once had a professor I was standing next to (way back in the 1700s when people had desk/wall phones) & heard his wife giving him a list of things to p/u at the grocery store on the way home. He stood there statue like & I rummaged though my bag for a pencil & paper so he could take notes. He wasn't interested & waved them away.

After he hung up, he said that he & his wife alternated shopping weeks... he was so tired of his wife giving him a list of items on the day she went shopping, but forgot to p/u, that he was going to take a stance & bring home all the wrong items so she'd stop asking, add them to his list & he'd pick them up next time.

A month later, he said he no longer got long lists of p/u's... she'd just add them to his list for the following wk.

I wonder how many arguments/breakups/divorces came from such things. I can't tell you how many times I've seen men on cellphones in stores, reciting row after row of products to someone on the other end of the phone, trying not to lose their cool, but looking like they could explode from sheer rage.

Relationships can be tough. Coffee orders, too. Glad I drink black.

I'd have just made him, a picture list!
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 10,631 Member Member Posts: 10,631 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

Sure, why don't I just balance a ball on my nose and hop the whole way on one foot for you while I'm at it 🙄

Lol. I once had a professor I was standing next to (way back in the 1700s when people had desk/wall phones) & heard his wife giving him a list of things to p/u at the grocery store on the way home. He stood there statue like & I rummaged though my bag for a pencil & paper so he could take notes. He wasn't interested & waved them away.

After he hung up, he said that he & his wife alternated shopping weeks... he was so tired of his wife giving him a list of items on the day she went shopping, but forgot to p/u, that he was going to take a stance & bring home all the wrong items so she'd stop asking, add them to his list & he'd pick them up next time.

A month later, he said he no longer got long lists of p/u's... she'd just add them to his list for the following wk.

I wonder how many arguments/breakups/divorces came from such things. I can't tell you how many times I've seen men on cellphones in stores, reciting row after row of products to someone on the other end of the phone, trying not to lose their cool, but looking like they could explode from sheer rage.

Relationships can be tough. Coffee orders, too. Glad I drink black.

I was kidding, I offered to go get it this morning 😂...

But I generally hate picking up and bringing back drinks for anyone... It's like, I have to drive and don't want to spill latte in my car...
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 10,631 Member Member Posts: 10,631 Member
    tinak33 wrote: »

OMG, can you?????? :o

Like a seal 😐
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 17,224 Member Member Posts: 17,224 Member
    It's actually a big thing but it really Irks me. When I see someone park their vehicle in a handicap parking and they're not handicapped, they're just lazy and being a *kitten*.

There is a husband / wife couple who frequent my gym.

Everyday, they park in the designated H/C parking spot then walk into the gym where she sprints on the treadmill and he does the step mill for 30 minutes and then other weight training with dumbbells.

They have the H/C placard, although clearly neither is disabled.

I don't care that they are *kittens* (they are.).
    What bothers me is that that same h/c parking spot might be needed for someone who truly fits the definition of disabled.

I compare that to one of my family members who has the same h/c placard, yet wants to walk from the far reaches of the parking lot because she feels that it's healthier than parking up close to the entrance.
  • poisonessepoisonesse Member Posts: 470 Member Member Posts: 470 Member
    what irks me? when I add in my exercise on the site and get error messages. This happens EVERY stinking time I add in my second exercise of the day on the computer, and I do this site on the computer not a smart phone. SMH How am I suppose to show this stuff to my doctor when it's never correct?!? GRRR! Yeah, I'm irked big time right now.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,225 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,225 Member
    dirty windows
  • ghudson92ghudson92 Member Posts: 1,960 Member Member Posts: 1,960 Member
    When my glasses steam up ☹

This is the worst. Especially when you open the dishwasher and find you have been rendered entirely blind.
  • LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 1,078 Member Member Posts: 1,078 Member
    It's actually a big thing but it really Irks me. When I see someone park their vehicle in a handicap parking and they're not handicapped, they're just lazy and being a *kitten*.

They should make a huge fine for this, so disrespectful to the person who needs this spot!
  • GreenValliGreenValli Member Posts: 891 Member Member Posts: 891 Member
    Public bathrooms! I do not understand why people throw paper towels on the floor, there are trash cans right there.
    Why do people not bother to flush a toilet? Why do people pee on the toilet seats? Even when there are seat covers provided. SO RUDE!

• CoffeeAndContourCoffeeAndContour Member Posts: 1,466 Member Member Posts: 1,466 Member
    GreenValli wrote: »
    Public bathrooms! I do not understand why people throw paper towels on the floor, there are trash cans right there.
    Why do people not bother to flush a toilet? Why do people pee on the toilet seats? Even when there are seat covers provided. SO RUDE!

And sadly this doesn’t begin to touch on the disgustingness of women’s public restrooms.
  • caco_ethescaco_ethes Member Posts: 11,978 Member Member Posts: 11,978 Member
    35lg9g0kjsaf.gif

Re: public bathrooms, i find Target to be among the WORST! Just took this video last night
  • JenniTheVeggieJenniTheVeggie Member Posts: 2,485 Member Member Posts: 2,485 Member
    Not changing the toilet paper roll and shoes piled up.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 242,729 Member Member Posts: 242,729 Member
    Busybodies who spend too much time thinking on what others are doing.
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,589 Member Member Posts: 3,589 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Not wiping your gym equipment after you're done or re-racking your weights. We're supposed to have a civilized society here people.

Thank you! I do cardio before strength training and always take the time to wipe everything down. This month things are even worse, weights, plates,magazines laying around, and paper towels in cup holes. Two other pet peeves are when there's 15 other cardio machines and people choose one directly next to me making me feel crowded (no biggie if other machines are taken) and people who hog machines while talking on the phone for 20 minutes.
  • mydogisthebestdogevermydogisthebestdogever Member Posts: 629 Member Member Posts: 629 Member
    Bra straps always sliding down, celery gets stick in my teeth, I bite my lip when I chew gum, rude attitude people, phone takes forever to charge, cat meows in middle of the night waking me, etc.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 17,224 Member Member Posts: 17,224 Member
    Bra straps always sliding down, celery gets stick in my teeth, I bite my lip when I chew gum, rude attitude people, phone takes forever to charge, cat meows in middle of the night waking me, etc.

I read this as: 'Bra Straps Always Sliding Down & Getting Stuck In My Teeth.' .