Hey, fun fact. . . Tell me a fun fact about yourself!

Replies

• dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Played the clarinet in high school.

Did you go to band camp and do your stories start with, “this one time in band camp........”
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I am a purveyor of perverted paintings and paraphernalia related to anything and everything that is not a real person. Also, that is legal. I prefer to not be in prison, thanks.
  • KosmosKitten
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    I used to regularly buy 10 boxes of lucky charms breakfast cereal then open them all to take out all the marshmallows to put in Tupperware so I can eat them as a snack in bed while reading.

You know you can just buy a bag of the marshmallows, right?
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    I used to regularly buy 10 boxes of lucky charms breakfast cereal then open them all to take out all the marshmallows to put in Tupperware so I can eat them as a snack in bed while reading.

Can get mini marshmallows for hot chocolate but the lucky charms ones were freeze died or something. Couldn’t get them on their own back when I was doing it, at least not here in uk, and I was too young to have a debt card to order online
  • KosmosKitten

Can get mini marshmallows for hot chocolate but the lucky charms ones were freeze died or something. Couldn’t get them on their own back when I was doing it, at least not here in uk, and I was too young to have a debt card to order online

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, here in the U.S. you can buy giant bags of the little freeze dried ones. Oddly, I keep finding them in general stores in Amish towns. My folks always send me a new bag once a year, even though I don't eat cereal anymore! :lol:
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    imfornd70 wrote: »
    Used to be a competitive opera singer

How 'bout a demonstration in the voice thread?

Yes. I second that motion.
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    I had my SA colors in gymnastic when I was 22 years old
  • bz2018
    bz2018 Posts: 143 Member
    I don’t really care for a lot of things. I get tatted to feel something.

cqkc8sbqtopz.jpeg
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    I like tattoos but will never get one
  • imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    Soccer is my first love - played for 13 years had to give it up - my body just wasn't meant for the game after I started lifting
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I was a child model & filmed a commercial with Bill Cosby, with a bunch of other kids. He was enormously unsettling. Fortunately, I've always been fairly intuitive & strong willed, so just stayed away from him, cuz his awkward & inappropriate over-attention & lack of personal boundaries creeped me out.

He seemed to sense my ducking & dodging to avoid being near him... I kept repositioning myself away from him, which annoyed the director, so was therefore deemed difficult... & he kept an eye on me (no pun intended), but finally left me alone. Eventually, they phased me out of the commercial, so I didn't appear in the final edit.

Stranger still, months later, I was asked back for a 2nd commercial with him, which I turned down... everyone chastised me cuz I was passing up $$ & I never said why (cuz the adults around me dismissed kids & their opinions, anyway, so I knew my words would fall on deaf ears), but I just didn't feel good about it.

Trust your instincts.

Oh wow. What a terrible thing to go through. Do you remember what the commercial was. I’m curious to see what it was. What a horrible thing to go through as a kid and adults not understanding.
  • MelG7777
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I'm addicted to brownies

May I refer you back to the “brunettes appreciation” thread?
  • MelG7777
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I was a child model & filmed a commercial with Bill Cosby, with a bunch of other kids. He was enormously unsettling. Fortunately, I've always been fairly intuitive & strong willed, so just stayed away from him, cuz his awkward & inappropriate over-attention & lack of personal boundaries creeped me out.

He seemed to sense my ducking & dodging to avoid being near him... I kept repositioning myself away from him, which annoyed the director, so was therefore deemed difficult... & he kept an eye on me (no pun intended), but finally left me alone. Eventually, they phased me out of the commercial, so I didn't appear in the final edit.

Stranger still, months later, I was asked back for a 2nd commercial with him, which I turned down... everyone chastised me cuz I was passing up $$ & I never said why (cuz the adults around me dismissed kids & their opinions, anyway, so I knew my words would fall on deaf ears), but I just didn't feel good about it.

Trust your instincts.

That’s amazing. And alarming. You had that gut feeling as a child and the adults around didn’t? Or ignored it? Good for you. Thanks for sharing. ❤️
  • MelG7777
    bz2018 wrote: »
    I don’t really care for a lot of things. I get tatted to feel something.

cqkc8sbqtopz.jpeg

Wow! That’s an amazing sleeve. The statement is kinda sad.....there are worse ways to feel something though so that’s good.