What's on your mind?

Replies

• minimiss669
    minimiss669 Posts: 86 Member
    I wonder how many parents in my kids class just either do the homework for their kid, or just give them all the answers so they turn in perfect work

Which parent are you?

The kind that makes him earn it...

That was a great answer!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I wonder how many parents in my kids class just either do the homework for their kid, or just give them all the answers so they turn in perfect work

... do parents actually do that? Seems kinda detrimental to the development of your kid, if so.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Which parent are you?

The kind that makes him earn it...

That was a great answer!

Thanks, are you a teacher?
    I've noticed a lot of teachers on mfp... And nurses for that matter...
  • KosmosKitten
    That I wish I had outlets to share some certain items on my computer (nothing illegal, mind you) that weren't contained in the more seedy parts of the internet.. or 4chan.
  • minimiss669
    minimiss669 Posts: 86 Member
    HaHaHa! Yes I am!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited January 2020

... do parents actually do that? Seems kinda detrimental to the development of your kid, if so.

I'm just thinking if some parents are willing to commit crimes to jump their kids ahead of the line to get into college, and with the way some parents these days seem to like blaming everyone else but themselves or their kids...

Who knows what they will do to push their kid ahead in a class...

I mean I can't say I know it happens but I wonder sometimes...
  • KosmosKitten
    HaHaHa! Yes I am!

I'm just thinking if some parents are willing to commit crimes to jump their kids ahead of the line to get into college, and with the way some parents these days seem to like blaming everyone else but themselves or their kids...

Who knows what they will do to push their kid ahead in a class...

I mean I can't say I know it happens but I wonder sometimes...

Let's ask an actual teacher! Hey, do parents actually do this, @minimiss669 ?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Even super models have insecurities.
    A thought prompted by another thread..
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member

A lot I suspect
  • KosmosKitten
    edited January 2020
    Even super models have insecurities.
    A thought prompted by another thread..

They probably have more than they even let on given the nature of the business they are employed. Being told to constantly lose weight (even though they are at a healthy or below average body fat percentage). Or being told x, y, or z aren't the right shape or size or whatever.

No thanks to that!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    That I feel like i'm not studying enough for this exam tomorrow but I'm not sure what else to study!
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    kali31337 wrote: »
    That I feel like i'm not studying enough for this exam tomorrow but I'm not sure what else to study!

Maybe you could give yourself a pre-test and see how you do
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Maybe if I didn't think such negative thoughts I'd actually enjoy going to work?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Speaking of karen, she keeps trying to get me on her side as if we’re compatriots. Like, no, karen. I only look like an entitled middle-aged white woman.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Need to come up with a schedule, which I'll work on later.
    Been up for 4-hrs, futzing around with nonsense things, when I should be exercising or working.
    Move it, girly!

giphy.gif
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    The day has come. I now need to start avoiding the cereal aisles 🤤🤤2rkbh96y4dt7.jpg

No...*kitten*...way 🤤

Which store did you go to?

There's other kinds too! Costco. I may have bought them... I'm probably going to have them for dinner 🤣

Cereal for dinner is my fav dinner. Do it! Looks like I’m taking a trip to Costco Land this weekend.

Brinner.

LiftNRiot wrote: »
    The day has come. I now need to start avoiding the cereal aisles 🤤🤤2rkbh96y4dt7.jpg

No...*kitten*...way 🤤

Which store did you go to?

There's other kinds too! Costco. I may have bought them... I'm probably going to have them for dinner 🤣

Cereal for dinner is my fav dinner. Do it! Looks like I’m taking a trip to Costco Land this weekend.

Brinner.

ummm no. Dinfast

Brinner = eggs, suasgage, pancakes etc... Breakfast stuff cooked for dinner
    Dinfast = cereal, poptarts, donuts etc... Breakfast stuff not cooked for dinner

At least in my house
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    So it's that time of year again folks.
    Tax season.

myfreetaxes has removed the FREE e-file income limitation for ppl with more than 69k income. No purchase necessary, and don't fall for all the clickbait services they try to make you pay for.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Me before the gym: "I hate myself, my life, and everyone in it".

Me after the gym: "Life is wonderful. I am magnificent. The world is glorious and nothing can bother me!"

Anyone else this way or am I just unhinged?!

Sometimes on a core day I feel the exact opposite. It’s the ONLY time I feel like stopping in the middle of a workout. Cuz...my neck feels it...my legs feel it. My *kitten* core doesn’t feel it. I’m doing it all wrong cuz my core is non-existant. So...I feel you in opposite. Normally I feel good before and after.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Me before the gym: "I hate myself, my life, and everyone in it".

Me after the gym: "Life is wonderful. I am magnificent. The world is glorious and nothing can bother me!"

Anyone else this way or am I just unhinged?!

Sometimes on a core day I feel the exact opposite. It’s the ONLY time I feel like stopping in the middle of a workout. Cuz...my neck feels it...my legs feel it. My *kitten* core doesn’t feel it. I’m doing it all wrong cuz my core is non-existant. So...I feel you in opposite. Normally I feel good before and after.

What exercises are you doing for your core that are hurting your neck etc?
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Cold toilet seats are the worst

you should try peeing with cold hands