Almost winter blahs!

Let’s continue our “ woes “ here!....I started it and Dustypal is struggling and needs a break!...we all need a break sometime!....let’s all give one another some support before the holidays throw us a curve!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Let’s continue our “ woes “ here!....I started it and Dustypal is struggling and needs a break!...we all need a break sometime!....let’s all give one another some support before the holidays throw us a curve!

The holidays can be challenging but I think that is a good thing. It is a time to develop a strategy and then test it. It may need work for next time but that is okay.

The good news is that unlike birthdays, vacations, and other holidays that might be country specific this one will be shared by a large number in this group and that might make things a little easier.

The important thing will be for each person to find a balance between enjoyment and deprivation. My own personal experiences with deprivation make me err a little more on the enjoyment side. Trying to go through an "eating" holiday while not eating killed some of my previous attempts. I don't think I would gain anything but I would rather risk that than end up mad at myself. However, I do not find it as difficult to crack the floodgates and them close them again.

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Woe for me is the cold. Even before loosing 22lbs I have always been cold. I got hypothermia when I was a child so I can no longer regulate my body temperature. When I get cold it feels like convulsions all over my body (great for weight loss as I am shaking lol).

My family loves the winter and the snow and skiing. So every year we go to Wisconsin to ski the slopes. I stay at the bottom and watch and take pictures (I will never ski due to my knees). I am not looking forward to it but I will go and be happy for my family. I hope to not feel like the marshmallow man this year in all my jackets and layers!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited December 2019
    Feeling the cold more is new to me this winter. Some nights I just can't get warm without wearing 3 layers of clothing.

I don't mind being outdoors in the cold as much though. I invested in some good cold weather gear so I'm usually plenty warm in outdoor situations.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    It's summer here! But the weather has been tempestuous the last few days. Today is gorgeous though. The wind and rain have moved north. Lots of branches down, and yesterday on my walk for some reason all the ducks were off the water. I wonder if that means anything?
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    Feeling the cold more is new to me this winter. Some nights I just can't get warm without wearing 3 layers of clothing.

I don't mind being outdoors in the cold as much though. I invested in some good cold weather gear so I'm usually plenty warm in outdoor situations.

I know what you mean! I am always so cold these days. I was shivering like crazy yesterday even in two shirts, a sweater, and a throw blanket. It's nuts.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Those 1k calorie deficits are BRUTAL in the winter. It may even be worse with some carb control. Because of my reactive hypoglycemia I keep mine at 85-125 most days. I was still pretty heavy last year and even with all that "insulation" I could not get warm. I was camped out in front of a space heater the entire winter. This year is not as bad because my deficit is less.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Winter is finally suppose to come to southern Florida the next few days....I am looking forward to wearing jeans and a sweater tomorrow that I did not fit into last year...last winter I was suffering with so much anxiety,depression and pain...some mental and some physical...this year I still have a hundred pounds to lose but almost 60 is gone since last May and the difference it has made is amazing!...no winter blahs for me this year!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Soup! Lots of low-cal heart warming, hand warming soup.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    We've had a pretty mild winter so far. The last couple of days have been pretty chilly, but the temps are going to start rising again tomorrow. We haven't even had more than an inch of snow at one time. Its unusual, but I'm really not complaining. I'm going to be starting to go to the gym again and begin walking outdoors on nice days (above 30 degrees).
  • conniewilkins56
    Yuk....I know I complain it is always too hot where we live but I have not seen the sun in three days....it is so nasty and wet and gloomy outside...too cold for the air to kick on and too humid for comfort!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    I am so tired of the constant rain, especially on weekends. Ugh!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    It is wonderful mostly here in Central Florida on the Gulf side. Happy Dance time for me, because we have been in the 60's during the day for over a week. I love it.

In general I do not get cold, I am the opposite I am always warm. And even now with losing over 80 lbs. I am still cranky when warm and humid, and when hot and humid which we have for so many months of the year. I turn into a chronic whiner. But I am trying to work on that.

Many decades ago, we lived in Northern IL, so yes I remember winter, and the fun of having gotten frostbite on both hands and feet.
  • conniewilkins56
    I am on the Gulf Coast of Florida and I think our weather is certainly not like yours the past week!...it is wet, rainy and dreary...at night I am freezing and wearing flannel p.j.s with two blankets over my bedspread...I am south of St Pete...been in Florida for 46 years except for living in Las Vegas for five years....
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    I was shocked at how cold I was on my cruise. We went to Mexico and while it was warm in the country I was cold the whole boat ride there and back. I didn't wear my swim suit except while I was in Mexico and the ocean was too cold to get in. At least the sun was shining though!! I hate winter lol