Had a binge day Argh!!

I don't know why but it came on last night before bed and I couldn't/didn't stop myself. :( It's as if my body went on automatic and I had no control. I think part of it might be because the scale seems to be bouncing around the same numbers for the past few weeks and it's getting disheartening/boring/discouraging. Maybe it's because we have vanilla ice cream in the house and I shouldn't have taken that 1st small scoop. Maybe because it's winter, dark, cold, long, or maybe because it was a Monday. :/ Who knows. But it happened. It's(HOPEFULLY)done with and I'll be back to it today. Wish me luck.

Must do better at self-control!!!

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    Exactly
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    it happened. It's(HOPEFULLY)done with and I'll be back to it today

Have a great day! :smiley:
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Kind of the same for me. I miscalculated a meal and realized I was over my calories but I was still very hungry, which made me a bit annoyed, so I ate a few more things and went over by another 300-400, so not a total binge, but didn't stay under my goal for the day. Also just annoyed that my houseguests ate some of my food like the spinach that I put on my wraps. I think they thought it was theirs, but still- that's something I eat to make myself feel fuller with almost no calories. Back on it today. I find that I can't let myself get too hungry otherwise I will binge. Eating a banana before working out helps, and not working out for too long also helps. First day of the week it's okay to go over by a bit and still be okay.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I used to have them too - finally realized if I make small adjustments on my daily macros I don't feel like binge - ing any longer. Seems to me that the body is craving something...
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    the key is, get back on the horse and keep riding. you have the tools now and you know you can start fresh today and strive for better. Don't be hard on yourself. this journey isn't easy but it's worth it.
  • oceangirl99
    oceangirl99 Posts: 161 Member
    @ReenieHJ I know exactly what you are talking about. This is absolutely what I do. It isn't one thing.... it is uncontrollable and I eat everything in sight. It doesn't even matter if it is something I really crave. I will eat and eat and eat. Sure it is okay once in a while but I do it every single week - and we're not talking 1000 calories extra. I'm probably looking at a whole 3500 - or literally erasing my entire week's progress. There is some advice above re. macros...... maybe this is something to look at seriously. It may work!?
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    That sounds so hard to handle, and I'm sorry that my comment made light of it. I'm not going to pretend to have advice on this one, since it's clearly outside my own experience. But I will say just that that DOES seem like an incredibly difficult urge to fight. And I wish you the very best in learning how to handle it, and really hope this gets better for you.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Been at this for over 5 years and had more than one of these. No big deal. Be mindful and think about what put you in this situation. Personally I can demolish a bag of chips in no time, so I'm cautious around these. I limit the opportunity to sit and eat. So I read instead of watching TV/internet. I drink 16 oz water 30 mins before eating so I feel fuller faster. I also limit my calories during the day so that I have a large window of protection later in the evening when my life isn't as structured.

One night doesn't outdo a week of diligence.
  • ssorg9
    ssorg9 Posts: 30 Member
    Log it, learn from it, come up with a plan, forget about it
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2020
    That sounds so hard to handle, and I'm sorry that my comment made light of it. I'm not going to pretend to have advice on this one, since it's clearly outside my own experience. But I will say just that that DOES seem like an incredibly difficult urge to fight. And I wish you the very best in learning how to handle it, and really hope this gets better for you.

Please don't apologize for making light of it! We need to keep a sense of humor, if we can't laugh at ourselves, how will anybody else laugh at us? :) I enjoy reading your posts just because you do inject humor in there. :)

And so far today, my day has gone much better, I've held onto my self control, exercised and everything. :blush: I feel almost normal again.