Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Member Posts: 883 Member Member Posts: 883 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    Amazon product Q&A's where someone answers "I don't know." i.e. "Will this work with an iPad?" "I don't know, I don't have an iPad." Then why are you even answering?

Lol. I've read a few book reviews, where people didn't like the book, so another author came in "covertly" to suggest their book instead. I found out who they were by doing a couple of mins of research, only prompted by the overly glowing suggestion, which didn't strike me as genuine. I don't know if it's against TOS, but...

On furniture, I've also seen a non-answer to a q about quality, "I didn't buy it, but was looking at it. It should be okay." Lol. Gee, thanks...
    edited January 21
  • LeannJeffersLeannJeffers Member Posts: 467 Member Member Posts: 467 Member
    That I live in a state that makes my face hurt 6 months out of the year and there is nothing I can do to change that.
  • iMagoiMago Member Posts: 6,338 Member Member Posts: 6,338 Member
    a coughsneezer.
    one of those people who's sneeze is way similar to a cough and you can't tell if you should say bless you or not
    COMMIT TO ONE OR THE OTHER KAREN PLEASE
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 17,220 Member Member Posts: 17,220 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    a coughsneezer.
    one of those people who's sneeze is way similar to a cough and you can't tell if you should say bless you or not

stupid ole' karen
  • LiftNRiotLiftNRiot Member Posts: 464 Member Member Posts: 464 Member
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Member Posts: 10,333 Member Member Posts: 10,333 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    Amazon product Q&A's where someone answers "I don't know." i.e. "Will this work with an iPad?" "I don't know, I don't have an iPad." Then why are you even answering?

Lol. I've read a few book reviews, where people didn't like the book, so another author came in "covertly" to suggest their book instead. I found out who they were by doing a couple of mins of research, only prompted by the overly glowing suggestion, which didn't strike me as genuine. I don't know if it's against TOS, but...

On furniture, I've also seen a non-answer to a q about quality, "I didn't buy it, but was looking at it. It should be okay." Lol. Gee, thanks...

Along these lines...Yelp reviews of restaurants that say "I just had the iced tea, but my sister's salad looked gross" 1 star.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,803 Member Member Posts: 7,803 Member
    That I live in a state that makes my face hurt 6 months out of the year and there is nothing I can do to change that.

when-u-live-somewhere-where-the-air-hurts-ur-face-13746592.png
    Sleazy guys that hide themselves,
    trying to pry info,
    looking at my photos,
    then showing themselves for the cowards they are,
    they disappear when I won’t take the bait.

low

giphy.gif
  • thereshegoesagainthereshegoesagain Member Posts: 951 Member Member Posts: 951 Member
    a coughsneezer.

I have to admit that sometimes when I sneeze, I also fart a little.
    Is that called a Snart?
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,131 Member Member Posts: 3,131 Member
    a coughsneezer.

I have to admit that sometimes when I sneeze, I also fart a little.
    Is that called a Snart?

😂
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,131 Member Member Posts: 3,131 Member
    Me: Thank you

You: Yep

Me: You mean “you’re welcome.”
  • busyPKbusyPK Member Posts: 3,561 Member Member Posts: 3,561 Member
    When someone at work makes a new pot of coffee, but when I pour it into my cup I can see through it to the bottom. Coffee shouldn't be this light, and now we have a whole pot to drink before I can make anything stronger.
  • jeepmanromerojeepmanromero Member Posts: 111 Member Member Posts: 111 Member
    Not doing the speed limit in the left lane on the highway 🤬👿👹
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Y'know. I have another PhD student who follows me on the 'gram - overall she is a nice and intelligent lady who posts a lot of interesting stuff. HOWEVERRRRRRRR recently she accused me (moi!) of being fat-phobic and of having a mental illness purely because I am proud of my weight loss. I don't even really post about it on my personal IG very often so she gosh darn ruffled my feathers. *kitten* is lucky she lives in America.

yeah.... those folks from the colonies can be real *kittens*.
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Y'know. I have another PhD student who follows me on the 'gram - overall she is a nice and intelligent lady who posts a lot of interesting stuff. HOWEVERRRRRRRR recently she accused me (moi!) of being fat-phobic and of having a mental illness purely because I am proud of my weight loss. I don't even really post about it on my personal IG very often so she gosh darn ruffled my feathers. *kitten* is lucky she lives in America.

yeah.... those folks from the colonies can be real *kittens*.

I realise that was more of a rant and less of a little thing that irks me. But sometimes a rant on mfp is just what the dr ordered.

giphy.gif
  • zeekngreatnesszeekngreatness Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member
    Me: Thank you

You: Yep

Me: You mean “you’re welcome.”

Lol my kids hate when I do that..you’re welcome is too long to say as you walking by someone lol
  • gearhead426hemigearhead426hemi Member Posts: 811 Member Member Posts: 811 Member
    When someone who tips the scales more than me gives me diet advice.