Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

No more excuses

Grumpy_HubbyGrumpy_Hubby Posts: 172Member Member Posts: 172Member Member
Grumpy hubby's weight loss 100 day challenge.
#grumpysfatloss
Day 0 weight 16 stone 6
Target weight 14 stone

I'm totally *kitten* off and annoyed with myself , starting diet and Failing like the fat *kitten* I am. I find it hard fitting in time to excerise so the only thing I can control is what goes in my gob.

The buck stops with me, I need to do this for my family and for myself, I'm fed up looking fat and huge and disgusting. I don't want to go to america and find out they've banned me because your not allowed to import whales.

So with the wife , my beautiful amazing wife booking a little break away in 100 days (30th April) I've decided to give myself a workable goal. A realistic goal that I can achieve.

Rules

* No cheat days. Although I can go over my calories, if the total weekly goal is on target.

* No weighing until 30th April

* Weekly photos of face and gut to shame myself into carrying on and accountability.

* 1 alcohol free weekend of my choosing, but will be still within my calories

* No cola

This is down to me. No *kitten*. No excuses. I need to be mentally stronger. I can and will do this.

Replies

• Grumpy_HubbyGrumpy_Hubby Posts: 172Member Member Posts: 172Member Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    You're on a motivational high right now. Turn this into discipline and keep that "no excuses" mindset.

Keep on the forums here and inspire others with your progress.

If something isn't working right, ask. Chances are someone has already been there, done that.

Hi,

i will do, thank you
  • NicbPNWNicbPNW Posts: 47Member Member Posts: 47Member Member
    kdbulger wrote: »
    I would encourage you to weigh once a month or even once a week. Many people are more successful when the data along the way indicates that their short term changes are stacking up into results. Working toward a goal with no progress markers may be difficult.

Also, be kind to yourself. Do it because you love yourself, not because you hate yourself. We take care of the things we love.

Hi, thank you for your reply, i feel by chasing numbers, it allows me to get demotivated quicker, ive done it before where ive jumped on the scales, dieted all week and lost next to nothing, i will be taking weekly progress photos, which should allow me to see progress more easy, and more of a fact,

I like this approach!
    NicbPNW wrote: »
    kdbulger wrote: »
    I would encourage you to weigh once a month or even once a week. Many people are more successful when the data along the way indicates that their short term changes are stacking up into results. Working toward a goal with no progress markers may be difficult.

Also, be kind to yourself. Do it because you love yourself, not because you hate yourself. We take care of the things we love.

Hi, thank you for your reply, i feel by chasing numbers, it allows me to get demotivated quicker, ive done it before where ive jumped on the scales, dieted all week and lost next to nothing, i will be taking weekly progress photos, which should allow me to see progress more easy, and more of a fact,

I like this approach!

Thank you so much
    First day I've really struggled on OMAD with my hungar. I've already drink 2 litres of water. Could be a long few hours
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 479Member Member Posts: 479Member Member
    In your corner, cheering for you. I couldn't work with that; I need to spread my calories evenly through the day.

• Theoldguy1Theoldguy1 Posts: 854Member Member Posts: 854Member Member
    Dan John, a well known trainer suggests you need to find your "why" to lose weight and get in shape. His why is he wants to dance with his granddaughter at her wedding. Dan is in his early 60's and his granddaughter is about a year old. Doing the math says he wants to be alive and mobile in his late 80's/90's.

Also, although you don't have to exercise to lose weight it is needed for health. Most US presidents have found time to exercise, I doubt if you are busier than they are. Also personal experience, I have found exercising to be excellent motivation to watch food intake. Many don't want to undo exercise gains with a poor diet.

Best of luck
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 1,236Member Member Posts: 1,236Member Member
    Rereading your post, you need to practice some positive self talk!! :)
    Have you gone to the dr. for an initial check up?
    Don't be so down on yourself, it takes some of us many tries to 'get this right'. Going on a trip can be a motivating thing BUT it can also backfire on you. Focus on your health, the whole rest of your life feeling better and being healthier, moving easier, going upstairs without catching your breath, keeping up with others whether it's your dw, kids/grandkids/friends/whoever. Just feeling normal. I almost became agoraphobic due to not wanting to be seen in public. I felt like the odd person, the one everyone was looking at and judging or making fun of. That's all changed for me. IF you truly don't have time to exercise(which I highly doubt you can't fit 'anything' into your schedule!)just add increments of activity whenever and wherever you can!! Anything is better than nothing!!
    One day will not make or break this but if you let the old habits linger, it will. Find some new agreeable easier-to-live-with habits and you will get there.

Erase the words try, fail, can't, and all those negative sounding words from your vocab. They all indicate you won't do it. They give you the mental option of no success. SO get off that mentality and find the changes you CAN and WILL live with. All those cliches we've heard are repeated ad nauseum (sp) because they are true!! Baby steps, one change(day) at a time, calorie deficit, sustainable habits.....find a mantra and use it whether it's 'I WILL DO THIS' 'I'M IMPORTANT AND WORTH IT', 'GOOD HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS SODA', whatever can work for you, and you need to believe in yourself and your capabilities. :)
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 479Member Member Posts: 479Member Member
    Food can fuel your body. Food can be a sensory pleasure. Food can be a memory trigger.

But....

Food can't hold you when you cry. Food won't come over when you're lonely. Food won't talk you down when you're angry. Food won't listen to you when you're hurt. Food won't give you confidence when you're shaken, give you self-esteem, or make love to you.

I still battle the quest of only making my food do what it can do.