Exciting Ways to Cook Chicken haha?

coralecho
coralecho Posts: 4 Member
I always have a lot of chicken breasts, but have the most boring recipes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to spice it up a bit? Thanks 😊

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    My favourite way of dealing with leftover chicken is chopped up cooked chicken, a chopped avocado, a jar of commercial salsa, a garnish of chopped fresh coriander.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Coca cola chicken.

Brown about 1 kg of chicken in a casserole pot. If using skin on chicken breasts you won't need to add any oil if you brown skin side down first. Set chicken aside and sautee an onion. Add 1-3 cloves of minced garlic and fry with the onion until fragrant. Throw in 500 ml of cola (regular, not sugar free) and 100 ml thin (ie salty) soy sauce. Return chicken to casserole dish and simmer 20-25 minutes until cooked through. You can add carrots, parsnips or any other (root) vegetables that doesn't overcook easily. Remove chicken and turn up to heat so the cooking liquid boils furiously. When sauce has thickened to a caramelized, sticky mass pour over chicken.

Serve with rice and a simple asian salad. Google smashed cucumber salad, for example. Leftover chicken freezes well.
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Low carb buffalo chicken in slow cooker. Lemon pepper chicken on the grill. Chicken stuff with pesto.
  • coralecho
    coralecho Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,913 Member
    Chicken fried rice or my favorite is chicken fried cauliflower ...teriyaki sauce or soy sauce and scrambled egg
  • end0326
    end0326 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm basic with my chicken but I can mix it into everything: chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar; sauteed with coconut oil.

I use it in salads, but I am specifically obsessed with strawberry salad. I also roast veggies and keep prepped quinoa in the fridge and make quinoa bowls with the chicken. It can also be "nachos", Caesar salad w/chicken, you can put any sauce on the chicken and throw it into a wrap. I also make soup and put the prepped chicken in last if it's lacking protein.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Here's another Cola Chicken: My husband's favorite.

Place 4 chicken breasts in a medium saucepan. Mix 2 cups of salsa and 2 cups of diet cola. Pour over chicken in saucepan. Bring to a boil and cover for 30 to 40 minutes. Then uncover and allow mixture to boil until the liquid thickens.

You can serve the chicken and sauce over rice, if you desire.
  • jgilbey07
    jgilbey07 Posts: 7 Member
    Use the Tasty seasoning from Walmart— so I use olive oil and the seasoning to cover the chicken then wrap it in aluminum foil. Bake at 420 degrees for about 20 min.. so good
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Experiment with stir fry's. It's tough to mess them up and you can use a large variety of veg's.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I can't remember the last time I had a chicken breast...we use boneless and skinless thighs for just about everything. Last night my wife made a delicious butter lemon chicken. We also frequently make chicken marsala and chicken tika. A lot of times I just season some thighs or marinate them for a day and throw them on the grill.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Chicken taco's rock!!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Tagine. This one uses chicken thighs, but you can use breast, and there are lots of variations.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016987-daniel-bouluds-chicken-tagine
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    get chicken thighs next time, so much better lol. Every time I use breasts now I'm so disappointed.
  • There are tons of stews one can make with chicken. I do a lot of stirfries and cutlets for us.

Here is chicken cutlets (or loin pork chops) in ale sauce.

Sautee chicken cutlet briefly on both sides in a hot pan (use a little oil to prevent sticking) then remove. Take a bottle of dark beer or brown ale, and deglaze the pan with half of it. Add sliced onions and mushrooms, garlic to taste, and a little water if needed, and cook til the onions and mushrooms are soft and cooked through. Pour in the rest of the beer, stir, lay the cutlets in, and cook til they are cooked through. Stir cornstarch into water and thicken the sauce. Serve cutlet with sauce over, and I accompany with a wild rice pilaf and a steamed vegetable.
  • larson890
    larson890 Posts: 1 Member
    Marinade: coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, sea salt and lime juice. Mmmmmm
  • tmcgin89
    tmcgin89 Posts: 1 Member
    Honey siracha chicken in the crock pot.. so chicken breasts, siracha, honey, soy sauce & minced garlic. Cook all on low for lokev7 hours. 🙃
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited January 2020
    Slow Cooked, shredded with buffalo wing sauce and then dump it on some nachos with or without cheese and some pickled jalapenos.
  • barefootbridgey
    barefootbridgey Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2020
    I eat a cabbage salad (bagged cole slaw mix mixed with a bag of broccoli slaw mix) every day at work. Every Saturday, I take a family package of chicken breasts and slice them lengthwise (so they're thin) and throw them in an enormous Ziploc bag and mix in a different seasoning blend - garlic, onion powder, chives, salt and pepper gives you sort of a Ranch taste, this week I did that plus some buffalo sauce, sometimes it cumin, chili powder, garlic and crushed red pepper, sometimes basil, rosemary, thyme and sage, etc etc. Soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, fresh ginger and cilantro is amazin. If I'm using all dried spices I do put a little but of olive oil as well. shake it all up and let it hang out over night and then I either grill on an outdoor grill or just cook it in a pan. Dice it up and it makes my salad not so boring. All of those things are also delicious on thin boneless pork chops which are pretty close to the same nutritional makeup as chicken breast. My kids love it when I make homemade salsa and marinate it in that before cooking.

You can also make a pretty good chicken salad with greek yogurt, curry powder, walnuts and whatever else you'd like to put in it. chicken tacos/burrito bowls, omelets, BBQ or Buffalo pulled chicken (cooked in a crockpot and shredded). You can do a real quick traditional chicken soup...or a chicken tortilla soup. Sweet potato/chickpea/chicken curry......I could go on forever....lol
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    There are so many resources available online. Try a google search. That is how I have obtained all my favorite recipes. I see something that looks good and I try it. Don't be afraid to modify a recipe to taste.

Also, in the past I would only use chicken breast. I recently tried boneless, skinless chicken thighs and I am a convert! Much tastier.
  • shannon2675
    shannon2675 Posts: 1 Member
    Cut up meat into smaller pieces. Sautee and add onions and kidney or black beans. Add taco spicing and couple spoons of salsa. Add cream cheese plus handful of shredded cheese. Put in wraps. So yummy.