Serious Questions Only Thread

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Due to'ving CFS {Chronic Fatigue Syndrome} since the age of 14, I don't know what a normal amount of sleep's for my current age of: 39 {I'll be 40: April 1st}. However I notice a lot of especially females around my age, mention that they take naps. Therefore I am attempting to gauge how much of my sleeping now's a result, of my disability & age.

My question: If you're my age or remember being my age, was napping a choice, a necessity or both & how often & long, do you/did then?

I sleep at least 8 hours every night. On the weekends sometimes I'll take a quick nap. Not out of necessity. But I have to be careful with that or else it throws off my routines. I'm 42. I generally have plenty of energy but I do stick to a pretty good routine and schedule.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Due to'ving CFS {Chronic Fatigue Syndrome} since the age of 14, I don't know what a normal amount of sleep's for my current age of: 39 {I'll be 40: April 1st}. However I notice a lot of especially females around my age, mention that they take naps. Therefore I am attempting to gauge how much of my sleeping now's a result, of my disability & age.

My question: If you're my age or remember being my age, was napping a choice, a necessity or both & how often & long, do you/did then?

Have you been checked for sleep apnea?

My CPAP machine was a game changer

My excessive sleeping's via surviving a severe flu, that was nearly fatal.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member

I sleep at least 8 hours every night. On the weekends sometimes I'll take a quick nap. Not out of necessity. But I have to be careful with that or else it throws off my routines. I'm 42. I generally have plenty of energy but I do stick to a pretty good routine and schedule.

I knew at some point, age alone'd require napping but my belief, was that it'd be approximately late 50's or early 60's. for a healthy person. I guess for other healthy people my age, it's also a choice.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »

From the Mayo Clinic...

"Eye floaters are spots in your vision. ... Most eye floaters are caused by age-related changes that occur as the jelly-like substance (vitreous) inside your eyes becomes more liquid. Microscopic fibers within the vitreous tend to clump and can cast tiny shadows on your retina. The shadows you see are called floaters."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/eye-floaters/symptoms-causes/syc-20372346
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    In how many memoirs must the same person appear as a villain before it is simply accepted that they are just not a very good person?
  • isalsayourface123
    SwannySez wrote: »
    In how many memoirs must the same person appear as a villain before it is simply accepted that they are just not a very good person?

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    edited January 2020
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

From the Mayo Clinic...

"Eye floaters are spots in your vision. ... Most eye floaters are caused by age-related changes that occur as the jelly-like substance (vitreous) inside your eyes becomes more liquid. Microscopic fibers within the vitreous tend to clump and can cast tiny shadows on your retina. The shadows you see are called floaters."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/eye-floaters/symptoms-causes/syc-20372346

Great so now I'm old 😩😫😩😫😩.

No no. Flashes are different from floaters. You’re talking about flashes.
    w3vzj1dnfnsv.jpeg
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member

From the Mayo Clinic...

Thanks. Saved a trip to the Dr.
  • TarryTaffy

From the Mayo Clinic...

Great so now I'm old 😩😫😩😫😩.

Haha. Nah. Growing, that's all. :smile: Our bodies change every decade. Doesn't have to be bad, just different.
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Is it ok to eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner a week at a time?
  • TarryTaffy
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    Is it ok to eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner a week at a time?

Sure, why not? I never make it that long, but if I make a big pot of spaghetti sauce or chicken soup or beef stew, I eat it every time I'm hungry for 3 to 3-1/2 days until it's gone cuz I enjoy it. By day 3... I'm glad it's gone so I can move onto something else. How long have you gone eating the same thing for each meal?
  • LiftNRiot
    Same thing weeks at a time. Usually meal prep on Sunday and try to make enough for the week. Ill do that for months
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Same thing weeks at a time. Usually meal prep on Sunday and try to make enough for the week. Ill do that for months

Dogs do it all the time
  • LiftNRiot

Dogs do it all the time

My doggo is a champ. Been eating the same thing for years and doesnt complain
  • isalsayourface123
    How many times is too many?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Depends who's watching
  • isalsayourface123

Depends who's watching

:#
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Serious question: How do you handle being given the silent treatment/stonewalling by someone you care about? Can be a friend, relative or s/o.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Serious question: How do you handle being given the silent treatment/stonewalling by someone you care about? Can be a friend, relative or s/o.

I use it as an opportunity to get some peace and *kitten* quiet until that person can act like an adult.