What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Nuts in brownies don't belong..gag!
    Nothing belongs in brownies. Not frosting, not chocolate chips, nothing, Takes away from thier fudgey goodness.

I agree that nothing belongs in brownies (especially nuts), but chocolate chips are a MUST... pools of chocolate... with the gooey batter... perfect

Chololate chips are more acceptable than nuts. And can be an added bonus when warm. But biting into a crunchy chocolate chip while eating my brownies? Meh.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Nothing belongs in brownies. Not frosting, not chocolate chips, nothing, Takes away from thier fudgey goodness.

I agree that nothing belongs in brownies (especially nuts), but chocolate chips are a MUST... pools of chocolate... with the gooey batter... perfect

Chololate chips are more acceptable than nuts. And can be an added bonus when warm. But biting into a crunchy chocolate chip while eating my brownies? Meh.

that's why you need to use chocolate wafers!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Store bought frosting is disgusting and should not be anywhere near cake. Usually, it is sickeningly sweet and detracts from the flavor of the cake.

*exception is that whipped cream frosting*

Many a birthday cake has found itself upside down on the plate, so I can just eat the cake. :tongue:

One of my favorite ways to have any cake is with a simple glaze, or a ganache on top.
  • Crafty_camper123

that's why you need to use chocolate wafers!

That could work.. Mini chips aren't bad either. You get the little nip of extra chocolate without ruining the overall texture of the brownie. All in all though, I'm still a brownie purist. :tongue:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    missLEAS wrote: »
    People who chew with their mouth open are the worst.

Movie theaters are torture for me!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Fatty meat is disgusting! I already have an aversion to touching meat, I cut fat off chicken breasts and drain low fat turkey when I make it. Nothing more gross than getting a glob of fat when eating! Fatty fish is ok though.
  • xSanoura
    xSanoura Posts: 40 Member
    Green Beans are disgusting. 🤣
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Chic fil a is good, but its nothing to write home about.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Chic fil a is good, but its nothing to write home about.

I agree. I used to love it (like 20 years ago) and then I realized mostly I just really, really liked their mayo. :D
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I love pineapple, but it does not belong on pizza.

Meat does not belong on pizza.

Jalepenos are gross.

Sashimi, rare steak, or any undercooked meat is not safe to eat.

Clam chowder is gross. Clams are mollusks, so basically snails.

White chocolate is blasphemy.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Snails are delicious, although cover anything in garlic and butter and it's probably delicious.

(Not sure that's unpopular, in plenty of crowds it wouldn't be.)
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I love pineapple, but it does not belong on pizza.

Meat does not belong on pizza.

Jalepenos are gross.

Sashimi, rare steak, or any undercooked meat is not safe to eat.

Clam chowder is gross. Clams are mollusks, so basically snails.

White chocolate is blasphemy.

Hopefully you only order the chicken when you go out to eat.

My unpopular opinions about food?

Don't order the steak if you are going to kill it by ordering it well done.

Taste your dang food before you season it at the table.

If you put potatoes or spaghetti noodles in your chili, you're nuts. It's goulash at that point.

Tapioca pudding is a sin.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Candy corn is delicious :)
  • lemurcat2
    My unpopular opinions about food?

Don't order the steak if you are going to kill it by ordering it well done.

Not unpopular. Correct, of course, but not unpopular.
    If you put potatoes or spaghetti noodles in your chili, you're nuts. It's goulash at that point.

I think chili on potatoes is good, although I didn't know it was a thing. I'm also good with Cincinnati chili.
    Tapioca pudding is a sin.

I think my opinion is the unpopular one here, which is that tapioca pudding is not actually all that bad.
  • lemurcat2
    Also, I love New England clam chowder. A favorite chowder-related passage:

"However, a warm savory steam from the kitchen served to belie the apparently cheerless prospect before us. But when that smoking chowder came in, the mystery was delightfully explained. Oh, sweet friends! hearken to me. It was made of small juicy clams, scarcely bigger than hazel nuts, mixed with pounded ship biscuit, and salted pork cut up into little flakes; the whole enriched with butter, and plentifully seasoned with pepper and salt. Our appetites being sharpened by the frosty voyage, and in particular, Queequeg seeing his favourite fishing food before him, and the chowder being surpassingly excellent, we despatched it with great expedition..."
  • dindon68
    dindon68 Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2020
    White chocolate is an abomination, and I don't see the point of ice cream.
  • pancakerunner
    dindon68 wrote: »
    White chocolate is an abomination, and I don't see the point of ice cream.

honestly, I am kind of with you on the ice cream. Unless it is super high quality and I have just a little bit.
  • pancakerunner
    Raw bell peppers are the WORST EVER