What's on your mind?

Replies

• George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    edited January 2020
    I wonder how many parents in my kids class just either do the homework for their kid, or just give them all the answers so they turn in perfect work

... do parents actually do that? Seems kinda detrimental to the development of your kid, if so.

right, but if it LOOKS like the kids are doing good then it LOOKS like the parents are doing even better. My kids have high C's and B's. They've earned them all and I couldn't be happier about it.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Me before the gym: "I hate myself, my life, and everyone in it".

Me after the gym: "Life is wonderful. I am magnificent. The world is glorious and nothing can bother me!"

Anyone else this way or am I just unhinged?!

Sometimes on a core day I feel the exact opposite. It’s the ONLY time I feel like stopping in the middle of a workout. Cuz...my neck feels it...my legs feel it. My *kitten* core doesn’t feel it. I’m doing it all wrong cuz my core is non-existant. So...I feel you in opposite. Normally I feel good before and after.

What exercises are you doing for your core that are hurting your neck etc?
    All of them. Lol. Things like V-Ups. I don’t know the names of everything we do. But I’m compensating for having super weak abs by using my leg and neck muscles.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member

Me after the gym: "Life is wonderful. I am magnificent. The world is glorious and nothing can bother me!"

Sometimes on a core day I feel the exact opposite. It’s the ONLY time I feel like stopping in the middle of a workout. Cuz...my neck feels it...my legs feel it. My *kitten* core doesn’t feel it. I’m doing it all wrong cuz my core is non-existant. So...I feel you in opposite. Normally I feel good before and after.

All of them. Lol. Things like V-Ups. I don’t know the names of everything we do. But I’m compensating for having super weak abs by using my leg and neck muscles.

Ah I see. I have managed to eliminate the neck pain by weighing down my feet lol. Core work sucks 👎
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    If you read read as read you have to reread read as read to read read as read instead of read

Yellow
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Lose 2lb gain it back over night , is this what they mean by yo-yo dieting? 🤔
    Someone HELP ME!

Daily weight will fluctuate. Look at the weekley average, then monthly in the overall picture. Also, think fat loss, not just weight loss

snoo9ezrgtzj.png

There are other forums in the community chat part of MFP with knowledgeable peeps who can help you a bit more. Hope this helps

Thanks 😊
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    My legs are burning and I’m going to do it all again tomorrow 🙃
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member

Do modified versions until you build enough strength up. That way you dont injure yourself. For instance... instead of this...

b5mz5axxpvcu.gif

I do this

0lm7lju7zm01.gif

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Currently that I hate the feeling of having a hard, dried booger in my nose. It's gross to pick it out, but also.. it's annoying as *kitten* to have it wiggling around in there and not a tissue in sight. :neutral:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I wonder how many parents in my kids class just either do the homework for their kid, or just give them all the answers so they turn in perfect work

... do parents actually do that? Seems kinda detrimental to the development of your kid, if so.

right, but if it LOOKS like the kids are doing good then it LOOKS like the parents are doing even better. My kids have high C's and B's. They've earned them all and I couldn't be happier about it.

:lol: That mentality is hilarious to me since my kid is an A honor roll student (all on his own) and I'm over here being a hot mess. Trust me, NO ONE thinks I'm "doing better" than them. Unless by "better" you mean alive.. and not homeless, then yes.

People crack me up, man.
  • MelG7777
    Not nearly as beautiful as @bojack5 ‘s flips, but I finished my living room late last night. It made my wife happy, and that’s all that matters.

Looks great!!
  • MelG7777
    bojack5 wrote: »
    egcwes1g2ns4.jpg
    b98zlhmwu6oi.jpg
    Flip will be done tomorrow:)

Yay! Looks great. Happy for you. ❤️
  • yoosed
    yoosed Posts: 2 Member
    I just wish MFP would edit out all the nonsensical food measurements like ‘1 slice’. It drives me to kilojoules trying to find foo expressed in grams or mls, preferably in multiples of 10. Just saying.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Not nearly as beautiful as @bojack5 ‘s flips, but I finished my living room late last night. It made my wife happy, and that’s all that matters.

5otza9juqytu.jpeg

Love that texture detail on the wall!

looks great!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    egcwes1g2ns4.jpg
    b98zlhmwu6oi.jpg
    Flip will be done tomorrow:)

I can't wait to see more pictures! You do good work.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member

klccsyq1hzmq.jpeg
    h1fm0jr6vayy.jpeg
    5otza9juqytu.jpeg

best husband ever. you did a beautiful job.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member

klccsyq1hzmq.jpeg
    h1fm0jr6vayy.jpeg
    5otza9juqytu.jpeg

Awesome man!