Keto/Low carb air fryer recipes

ANXIETYWONTWIN
ANXIETYWONTWIN Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2020 in Recipes
Just invested in an air fryer and I have seen so many recipes but want to know some that people have actually tried and loved! Tell me your favorites so we can share in the yumminess

Replies

• Beachlady228
    Beachlady228 Posts: 58 Member
    Looking for the same thing. Going to try some wings today.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    The aggressive fan of the air fryer is great for removing subcutaneous fat from skin on proteins. Chicken wings, skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, scored duck breasts or scored duck legs, skin on fish. For fish I like to air fry about a minute then peel off off skin with tongs and lay them beside the fish to crisp up to a crackling. Do use your nose to figure out when to take out the fish skin, which can start to burn before the fish is ready. I just salt a few hours in advance or over night (dry brining tenderizes dry cooked proteins) and toss the meat in the air fryer. I like to use a meat thermometer to test for doneness. Plenty of sites that give internal temperatures for desired degree of doneness. Google internal temperature and the type of meat you are cooking.

I've done pork shoulder roasts with great crackling in the air fryer too. I also roast beef and half a lamb leg in the air fryer.

And roast veggies done in the air fryer are great too. Broccoli, sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, snow peas. You will need to shake in a plastic bag or a plastic food tub with some olive oil and salt before putting them in the air fryer.
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Okra cut up
    Evoo
    Cajun or Italian seasoning

Air fryer 375 degrees

Shake basket every 10 minutes. Until crisp.
    I eat it like popcorn. Crunchy

If okra frozen. I microwave a little to defrost and remove some moisture.

• dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    My mini loaf pans fit in mine. Meatloaf, stuffed chicken, egg omlettes. Easy if cooking for one or two.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,938 Member
    Pork rind breaded air fry pickles.....pork rind air fried shrimp and mozzarella cheese :) I have many more since I am an ex keto'er with lots of Keto cookbooks
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    I often make roast dinners in the air fryer. Tonight I discovered there is enough room to roast smaller pieces of vegetable under the air fryer basket. Half a roast leg of lamb, and hasselback potatoes cooked in the basket of the air fryer. Roast parsnips and carrots cooked under the basket (I added a little water under the basket so that fat drippings from the meat don't smoke). Sauteed spinach and onion gravy cooked on the stove.
    iuzrf6shk7zt.jpeg