MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @wrknonmedaily nice loss!

@nbbaby big loss! I'm glad you're finding what works for you.

@mrmcgrath nice to see you! Good loss!

@raleighgirl09 sounds like you're doing well, great thinking to set yourself up for success tomorrow. Roller skating was a blast, I kept thinking about how crazy it was that my body could handle it when I year ago I'd have to squat 5 minutes after standing, I kept getting tears in my eyes.

@Jactop you got this!

@AustinRuadhain Not surprised to see you hit all 5 habits, you're very dedicated and inspiring!

@sunshineplace glad you're making good choices!

@apple852hk Meal planning is so helpful at staying back on track, like you I usually prepare a dish for meals, have something similar planned for lunches, and have a rough idea of the other meal. I wouldn't have made it on track with how down I was in December if I hadn't meal planned.
  • Katmary71
    Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stair treadmill, weights, core, yoga
    Water- over

Upped intensity the last half of stair treadmill, it was hard and I was so thirsty but I did it! I've upped weights on a few exercises in the last week, reps of core exercises, and bike resistance, it's been motivating to see improvement. Back is still sore from roller skating but icing it has helped.

Habits
    Gym 3xs a week- went today
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Fit On yoga- done
    Core/stretches- done
    Recipe- not sure I'll get around to making something new, I have a lot of meals frozen. I'll definitely make veggie broth. I'll check out skinnytaste.com and see if there's anything inspiring.
    Cleaning/decluttering- got through freezer today and everything is in its place, it feels great! Made dinner tonight so much easier.
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    Weekly weigh in:
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Username: wwood008
    Week 3 weight: 149.4
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Weigh in

Metubal
    Week 3 - Jan 2020
    Monday 1/20
    PW 180.3
    CW 178.6

Weekly report:)
    Calories: mostly not tracked and assuming slightly under
    Exercise: only 2 walks as "exercise" but snowshoeing, snow shoveling, and chicken coop cleaning were my life last week.
    Snacking: once
    Sleep: 7hrs 25mins average, about the same as last week:))
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @raleighgirl09 getting up to go to the gym at 5- that is dedication. I've never been able to do the early morning workouts. I like to workout and then come home and flake out in front of the tv lol.

@AustinRuadhain your goals are great!

@Katmary71 roller skates wow. When I was a kid we went to a roller rink with my school. I loved it. So much better than ice skating. I don't know if I could do it now though.

Well last week I did well with my goals which were extra calf and bicep work in addition to my regular workouts. Plus some mobility/soft tissue work- this is both upper and lower body.

This week I'm trying to continue that. I'm also trying to get 9 hours of exercise in this week. That is the max I figured I could do. One of these is slow- yesterday I did some leg 'exercises', it was sort of a cross of exercise and mobility movements.

Today I'm going to do my stair circuit although I feel tired.

Tomorrow a run, and then some upper body strength training.

I've been on track with calories.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    01/21
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.4
    Todays Weight 197.8💥

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Macros: low protein
    Exercise: treadmill with incline

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    7132 steps. 4500 goal steps
    3.07 miles
    2466 burned calories
    28 active
    76 sleep score
    61 resting sleep
    1540 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 146g, goal > 266g, fat 74g, goal 44-77g, protein 65g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes:28 👎 so close
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 🍭
    Meet fiber in range: 👎
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧚🏻
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

Yesterday was a great day for me! I can only hope I keep it up.

@AustinRuadhain I love how you have a date with your husband to lift weights. My husband has been talking about getting to the gym with me but hasn’t found his way there yet. Maybe one day...

@raleigh_girl09 how is the pnp course coming? I think of you each time I hear her podcast.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Just checking in to let you know how inspiring you all are. I'm reading all your posts and am crazy impressed!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Just checking in to let you know how inspiring you all are. I'm reading all your posts and am crazy impressed!

Rachelle, I am right there with you -- this is a very inspiring group! I have not hit my goals yet for the day, so off to work on them!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member

Yes! I love coming on here. Reading your posts is great motivation for tomorrow. Right now I'm thinking about @raleigh_girl and how I can make my own three day block.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 688 Member
    Nice day gang!! Cold as heck here (AF, as the kids say) and I am not a happy camper in the cold. But the days are getting longer and that is a GOOD Thing!

@Katmary71 I so get the emotions of watching the changes...amazing stuff. I just love skinnytaste.com, she has an excellent site and recipes!
    @wwood008 excellent loss this week, congrats!
    @Metubal very nice loss this week, congrats!! Your exercise has been of the cold variety but I bet it's an excellent workout!
    @its_cleo hey, thanks for creds on the up at 5am to get to the gym! I don't particularly enjoy the getting up way early but it is, unfortunately, only 1/2 an hour earlier than I have to get up. We have a gym at work and showers and it helps me ensure getting my steps in on office days. We're moving office locations at the end of the month and I won't have that. I have a wobbly eliptical and squeaky treadmill at home but am always less inclined to use them. I'll probably have to make myself sometimes to be sure I can get the steps
    @mrmcgrath just curious - are you trying to stay low in protein or it just keeps landing that way? My fat and protein are always up and carbs down, many days I am almost equal on them, percentage wise. The PnP tribe experience has been a mixed bag of tricks, quite honestly. There is a *lot* of material to be obtained as a member and I love the courses and videos - fabulous content, very helpful. The FB page stresses me out - it is so busy there is no way (for me) to try to keep up. The member's only podcast is amazing, I'm sure, but my non-technical behind has not been able how to figure it out on my phone so I am currently still listening to the free podcast because...well...I already figured it out and it's easy. I tried (in a very lame way) to find an accountability group or person who is stuck in calorie land and I wanted it to be someone with experience with the PnP philosophy....read, not a new tribe member. No luck with that, so far, but I call BS on my amount of effort not really put into that. All in all - I am enjoying what I am getting from it and have decided that I'll continue being in it, at least until I give a couple of my lower points more effort and ask for help; no sense crying foul when I haven't given 100%
    @rachelleahsmom, I agree and just love what a dynamic group of folks we have on the Slimpossibles!
    @AustinRuadhain I second the emotion that your dedication is always so inspiring! The workouts that you and @Katmary71 and @its_cleo do are nothing short of amazing to me - and I can see that you guys are successful not only the dedication to the goals but because you all choose varying and extensive exercise. You all mix it up, work different body parts, focus on different types of exercise. I know that this all comes with some moments that you don't want to do it or you're busy or you don't feel well or whatever the obstacle de jour is but, by and large, you all consistently keep at it over the long haul. KUDOS, it is most excellent!!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Team! :) I am just checking in to let you know that I am here but haven't had a single moment to post the last couple of days. I'm heading out right now but will try to spend some time reading and responding to your posts tomorrow.

Keep supporting each other...Keep doing your best...and remember to STAY GREEN THIS MONTH!! <3
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 688 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

I am less than 2 pounds from the first goal I set in May last year, 48.4 pounds ago, right after I got back on this horse. 185 pounds. 185 is a smallish 14/largish 12 pants size. My second goal is wrapped in the other direction - I am heading to a size 8 and I think it will be between 160 and 165. So I'll set the next goal for 165 and see what happens.

Years ago on the way (weigh) down, I didn't set an early goal, I barely set an end goal. I thought I should weigh 150 pounds....the height/weight charts put me around 135ish. The more I lost, the more it became clear that I have a large frame in a short package. My lowest, way back then, was 170 and I didn't set out to stop, I just....did. Life was really in the crapper for a lot of reasons at that point and I stopped active loss. Maintained for a long while, began the road to gaining and losing in a span of 50-60 pounds for quite a few years.

Thanks team, for helping me get here, for being a part of my journey and for being such a great sounding board and helping me see things in a whole new light. This has been an amazing tool in my tool belt this time and I truly feel I am doing what it will take to maintain my weight for life, once I'm ready to maintain. This may seem like an early message but I don't have doubts about making the first and final goals and these things have been on my mind. It's kind of amazing to have had a goal to work toward and to see up close, now. I had no idea what I was missing when I didn't have one.

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? all 3!
    Times? B 8a, L 1230p, D 7p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? low hunger, appropriately hungry for all meals, surprised that I was hungry so early for breakfast
    Exercise? 2 miles on treadmill at work gym, 1 mile around pond at work [log steps from day before] (steps 20Jan2020 13,943)
    Sleep? 1030p-5a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? Yesterday went very well, it felt almost easy. Oddly, I chose not to have alcohol yesterday - repeated that today.
  • Katmary71
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under (white-knuckled the munchies tonight)
    Exercise- bike, core/stretches, yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    Gym 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    Cardio 30 minutes a day- done
    Core/stretches daily- done
    Fit On yoga- done
    Recipe- no new ones yet
    Decluttering/cleaning- none today
  • AustinRuadhain
    Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: date walk with husband (55 min)
    5 Habits: Checks for all of them! ✔️ (it really, really helps that I report in here and on the Habit Tracker!)
    Decluttering Pomodoros: Not done ❌
    Grateful for: kindness, patience and generosity in my family

Goals and Improvements for Today (Wednesday)
    - Work my 5 Habits
    --- Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    --- Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    --- M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    --- Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) - Goal is an outdoor walk
    --- Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Decluttering Pomodoros: Let's try that today! 🌅
  • mrmcgrath
    @mrmcgrath just curious - are you trying to stay low in protein or it just keeps landing that way? My fat and protein are always up and carbs down, many days I am almost equal on them, percentage wise. The PnP tribe experience has been a mixed bag of tricks, quite honestly. There is a *lot* of material to be obtained as a member and I love the courses and videos - fabulous content, very helpful. The FB page stresses me out - it is so busy there is no way (for me) to try to keep up. The member's only podcast is amazing, I'm sure, but my non-technical behind has not been able how to figure it out on my phone so I am currently still listening to the free podcast because...well...I already figured it out and it's easy. I tried (in a very lame way) to find an accountability group or person who is stuck in calorie land and I wanted it to be someone with experience with the PnP philosophy....read, not a new tribe member. No luck with that, so far, but I call BS on my amount of effort not really put into that. All in all - I am enjoying what I am getting from it and have decided that I'll continue being in it, at least until I give a couple of my lower points more effort and ask for help; no sense crying foul when I haven't given 100%!!

My goal is to get a minimum of 70 protein for now and then to increase it as I get more active. Unfortunately I have a hard time reaching my protein goals.

I joined a similar group and am experiencing some of the same things. I haven’t had enough time to keep caught up on the forum. We have accountability partners(not groups) and mine is in the same place as me. Not enough time in the day or lack of desire to put in the work. I’m not giving up yet because I know I have a lot to learn.
  • mrmcgrath
    01/22
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.4
    Todays Weight 198💥

Yesterday
    Calories: over
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: high carb and sodium
    Exercise:

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    4180 steps. 4500 goal steps
    1.82 miles
    2191 burned calories
    0 active
    76 sleep score
    63 resting sleep
    2082 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 273g, goal > 211g, fat 68g, goal 44-77g, protein 91g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 👎 so
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 👎
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 👎
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧚🏻
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 👎

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

Way too much carbs and sodium yesterday and my fingers and ankles are feeling it.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Well so far my 9 hours of exercise blitz is going well. Sunday I did core, Monday a very light leg workout, yesterday stair and hill circuit- bit of an ordeal as it was snowy so that makes it harder on ankles and calves. But I did ok.

Today a short run- 20 mins and then later an upper body day at the gym.

I won't do this 9 hour weekly plan every week, it's just something I'm trying. I typically do 6-8 fitness activities in a given week, but I mapped out the max and it came to 9. Max is based on alternating activities so there is some rest incorporated. I'm trying this for one week right after my period bc your body is strongest then. I was thinking of 4 week cycles- 9- 8- 7-7. And the last two weeks may drop down to 6 depending how I feel.

In between today- I think I mentioned I've been having problems with my wrist for several months. Saw chiro last week. He thinks I damaged the ligament in the wrist so sent me to a place for an xray.

So I go today and it turns out it's another doctor, who doesn't do xrays. But he recommended an xray and an MRI. Which seems excessive but ok. So this aft I have to run up to a walk in place where I can get the xray done. I have to wait for the hospital to call me for an appointment for an MRI.

The doc today also said I should maybe buy a splint to help with the healing.

I want it healed but also all of this seems kind of excessive. I'm not in a lot of pain, I just can't do olympic lifts (you have to be able to bend your wrist certain ways to do olympic lifts) and my trainer was going to start teaching me. So I love strength training and so that is my motivation to get it fixed lol.

Anyway.

Calories - I am on track and doing well so hopeful maybe my weight will go down. I found a low cal ice cream that is pretty good so I have had small snacks of that this week- ice cream is a real weakness of mine.

@raleighgirl09 that is a shame you will lose your work gym. That's great you're almost at your goal weight!

In spite of all my exercising I can;t seem to lose weight if my life depended on it lol.
  • AustinRuadhain
    @its_cleo
    Oooh, another lover of lifting iron! I love it! I was at the gym this morning (MWF are my lifting days when all goes according to schedule), and it always makes me feel great. 💪🏽👍🏽
    In spite of all my exercising I can;t seem to lose weight if my life depended on it lol.
    It is just so great that you are keeping working at it! Are you weighing and logging all your food? For me, collecting and paying attention to that data helped me figure out what worked for me.

@mrmcgrath - Sorry about the fingers and ankles, but yay to paying so much attention to what you eat, and noticing how it affects you. SO much of health and fitness work feels like detective work! 🔎

@raleighgirl09 - Thanks for sharing your journey! Your posts always interest, delight and/or educate me!

@TeresaW1020 - Thanks for checking in! Things are quieter without you, but we feel the love!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2020
    Hey, there!

Here's 2 minute read you might find to be a fun nudge someplace in life! I loved the ideas, especially "Start sloppy" and "Start small!" Both seem very relevant to fitness and health!
    3 tricks to start working despite not feeling like it

I am a fan of audiobooks and podcasts that teach me, and thought I would share and maybe see what you guys are listening to/reading.

🤩 Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John J. Ratey & Eric Hagerman - This book is a feast for science lovers. It has me thinking about the connection between brain and body, and that it is no accident that I feel happier now than a couple of years ago.

🙂 Savor : Mindful Eating, Mindful Life by Thich Nhat Hanh and Lilian Cheung - A mixed bag, but has some good stuff, including a long discussion about ways in which we nourish ourselves that is very big picture, including things like what media we consume.
    ajzybiitj70o.jpg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Hi. So, I'm at one of those F ages (the older one) and anyone who is there with me knows that sleep can be an issue. I've had three awful nights and this morning I had a toddler like meltdown. I told my husband that if I have to get fat and have crepey skin and have my kids leave the nest at least I should be able to rest. Wow, did he clear out for work fast! Anyway, I spent some time thinking about me today.... something women tend to ignore. I made a sleep plan to clean up some bad habits. I worked on my 2020 vision for my bod in 2020. And that helped. Not sleeping is a double whammy for me, because if I can't, I might night eat. And then the next day feel too tired to be a good girl and eat well and exercise. Thank you for listening to my venting. Much appreciated. Hopefully tonight I'm tired enough to crash.
This discussion has been closed.