Cauliflower rice and quick easy low cal breakfasts

Options
How do I make basic cauliflower rice to substitute steamed/boiled rice? Everywhere I look it ends up fried or being bulked out with other Veges. I just need a plain substitute to go with my saucy chicken.
Also any super low calorie breakfast ideas? I had half a sirloin steak this morning and it was so good with low calories and tomorrow I’m thinking a baked egg in capsicum. I’m not a big fan of chia seed/ over night oats types of breakfast.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I made cauliflower rice once and won't bother again. How about just steaming cauliflower? Much quicker and you won't have little bits of cauliflower getting in every nook and cranny of your kitchen :)

What's your calorie range for breakfast? Eggs are quick and easy. I like sauteing some veggies, then scrambling eggs, and having a piece of toast, but a fried egg in an English muffin would be even quicker.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You can buy riced cauliflower in the freezer section now in most grocery stores.

As far as low calorie breakfasts, I generally make yogurt parfaits with fresh fruit, granola, nuts and chia seeds (you can leave those out if you don't want them). Today I made mashed potato patties and paired them with two hard boiled eggs and a cutie. Sometimes I make smoothies, other times I make toast topped with cottage cheese, bananas and some honey. All of these are usually around 350 or so calories.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    For something like eating with chicken I would also prefer just using cauliflower without bothering with ricing it. You can find it frozen in my grocery store, though. To make at home I'd use a food processor, but haven't. (I'd probably add broccoli stems too.)