The Bad Advice Thread

Replies

• LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    If your relationship has gone stale and you find yourself with nothing to talk about anymore - propose! Think of all the great things you will have to talk about now 🙂

I'm sorry, I know I'm hijacking this thread but every relationship will lose that initial 'spark.' It may come back from time to time but it never stays constant for the duration of a relationship. It amazes me how many people nowadays go breaking up or divorcing because that initial spark leaves and they get to thinking they're not in love anymore. Laaaazy. Y'all got to work on that relationship. There. I said my two cents. I'm out.

Im going to keep this in the bad advice column. Look, if you get it one argument, call a lawyer. Its over.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    If you are unhappy with the circumstances of your life, wait it out and hope for the best. Things always improve without effort.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Make sure you let her know that she’s really pretty for a big girl and that looks don’t really matter to you anyway.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Your gray leggings are cute, you should wear them to hot yoga.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Men like funny women. Dutch oven him on your first sleepover.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Men like funny women. Dutch oven him on your first sleepover.

This is how you weed out the unworthy
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    wait until she's finally moving on and juuuuust starting a new relationship. then text her "wow i see how it is and here i was thinking you'd have my baby one day" then block her number
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Always go for that PR bench without a spotter. You dont want someone to see you fail. Better safe than sorry.
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Start every phone call with "My battery is almost dead" that way you can hang up on them anytime.

You’re seriously giving great advice here. (Furiously scribbling notes.....)

Was thinking the same when I read them.

You don’t need to look both ways when crossing the road. It’s the drivers responsibility to be safe on the raid so they will always stop for you.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,520 Member
    If your relationship has gone stale and you find yourself with nothing to talk about anymore - propose! Think of all the great things you will have to talk about now 🙂

I'm sorry, I know I'm hijacking this thread but every relationship will lose that initial 'spark.' It may come back from time to time but it never stays constant for the duration of a relationship. It amazes me how many people nowadays go breaking up or divorcing because that initial spark leaves and they get to thinking they're not in love anymore. Laaaazy. Y'all got to work on that relationship. There. I said my two cents. I'm out.

What is love?
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member

What is love?

“Baby don’t hurt me”
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    Cut your toe nails at work on your desk. Its a great time saver
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Also, picking your nose at work is a show of dominance. Promotion guaranteed.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,520 Member
    AriesFL wrote: »

What is love?

“Baby don’t hurt me”

Thank you @AriesFL I knew you wouldn't let me down 🙂
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Set your work clocks back a couple of hours so you can leave early. Your boss would like you showing the initiative.
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    If the person in HR is the opposite sex hit on that person a lot
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    If the person in HR is the opposite sex hit on that person a lot

Solid advice. Actually, as long as the work title says HR you should probably hit on them regardless of gender. That's how you secure pay raises and perks.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    If you were really just bugging her, don't worry I'm pretty sure she would just tell you