Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Please can people give me some tasty but healthy and low calorie chicken meals pleaseeeee

Kano899Kano899 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
in Recipes
Im really getting into cooking again and need some good from scratch chicken recipes to try out. Pleeease help meee.
Thank you

Replies

• FujigalaFujigala Posts: 29Member Member Posts: 29Member Member
    Aldi has great canned soup. My favorite is the bean or the pea soup. I'll divide it into bowls for my lunch and add shredded or cubed chicken breast for extra protein.
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320Member Member Posts: 1,320Member Member
    One of my go to’s. Easy and tasty.
    -1 green bell pepper sliced
    -1 orange bell pepper sliced
    -dry rub boneless, skinless chicken breasts in taco seasoning
    -bake bell peppers with salt and pepper to your tastes
    -bake chicken
    -plate this with drained and rinsed black beans on bottom layer, then bell peppers, then the chicken diced up, then some grated cheddar
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Posts: 37,590Member Member Posts: 37,590Member Member
    Pinterest is a great resource.
  • hesn92hesn92 Posts: 5,799Member Member Posts: 5,799Member Member
    I've been getting into crock pot meals lately out of necessity... every couple of weeks I'll cook boneless skinless chicken thighs in the crock with some type of asian style sauce. Low for 4 hours. When it's done I'll cook some rice in the rice cooker, steam broccoli in the microwave, and then strain the liquid leftover through a mesh strainer into a pot and thicken it up with cornstarch to get a sauce.

Last week I did, equal parts soy sauce, brown sugar and crushed pineapple (I did about 1/3 cup each), some ketchup, garlic, ginger, sriracha, pepper. (I'm not much of a recipe writer or follower lol) It's delicious...
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,066Member Member Posts: 8,066Member Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Pinterest is a great resource.

Google is much better :)
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,513Member Member Posts: 4,513Member Member
    Roll your own spring rolls. Here are some pictures so you get the idea.
    https://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/971503/how-to-host-a-spring-roll-dinner-party/

I provide a bowl of hot water for dipping Vietnamese rice papers in but cold water works too but takes longer. If there are children at the table use cold water.

My main filler is a half and half mixture of cooked bean or rice vermicelli mixed with finely grated carrot. I also provide herbs such as coriander, mint, basil. Optional bean sprouts and shredded lettuce. Protein is thinly sliced cooked chicken breast which could be either poached or grilled.

Dipping sauces vary, but a classic Vietnamese nuoc cham (you can use Splenda instead of sugar) is lowest in calories. Other variations use hoisin based or peanut butter based sauces.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 953Member Member Posts: 953Member Member
    Chicken lettuce wraps -- cut chicken in small pieces. Stir fry in a tiny bit of oil with veggies. Toss with your favorite stir fry sauce and place in a piece of lettuce. I like to use carrots, water chestnuts and sliced almonds.

Thanks for sharing that; will have to try! I never think to use lettuce for wraps. My dh makes wraps with whole wheat wraps and I always pass due to the extra carbs/calories but love the lettuce idea. :)
  • Kano899Kano899 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    One to add myself would be chicken tonight creamy mushroom sauce, chicken and tagitelle, add extra mushrooms and pepper
    My favourite
  • mullanphylanemullanphylane Posts: 53Member Member Posts: 53Member Member
    Make a chicken salad from leftover chicken breast. Eat in wraps, on whole grain breads, lettuce leaves, etc. Or add it a garden salad.

The two secrets to making this truly healthy are:
    1. Wrapping/putting it in almost anything not made with all purpose flour.
    2. Portion control (the magic for most healthy eating)
  • Debbieduncanson1811Debbieduncanson1811 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Cajun chicken pasta

Diced chicken raw spray with fry light and cover with cajun spice mix, add chopped onions and peppers to the frying pan and cook till chicken is cooked through,

Add a chicken stock with 100mls of boiling water to the chicken and pepper mix let it simmer, then stir in 100g of lighter soft cream cheese.

Mix with cooked wholemeal pasta. Its delicious
  • fdlewensteinfdlewenstein Posts: 177Member Member Posts: 177Member Member
    I find the best thing to do is to search for recipes and try a few. I have a three-ring binder with recipes I have tried. Make the recipe as is the first time and then make notes regarding changes. Try recipes out of your comfort zone. Good luck!
  • hesn92hesn92 Posts: 5,799Member Member Posts: 5,799Member Member
    Cajun chicken pasta

Diced chicken raw spray with fry light and cover with cajun spice mix, add chopped onions and peppers to the frying pan and cook till chicken is cooked through,

Add a chicken stock with 100mls of boiling water to the chicken and pepper mix let it simmer, then stir in 100g of lighter soft cream cheese.

Mix with cooked wholemeal pasta. Its delicious

I make that (with smoked sausage too) except it's just straight heavy cream for the sauce :p It's good but a little high in calories haha. I'll have to try it your way
  • poisonessepoisonesse Posts: 465Member Member Posts: 465Member Member
    When searching for new recipes, my go-to site is www.allrecipes.com . Just type in "chicken" and it will list pages of recipes to try out. AND each recipe gives you the full nutrient listing, so you know what you're getting into. They have tons of low calorie/carb recipes, but do make sure you read the reviews before trying the recipe, often others that have tried it have altered it to make it way better. 😉
  • sammidelvecchiosammidelvecchio Posts: 771Member Member Posts: 771Member Member
    I like having chicken with a bag of broccoli slaw mix, any other veggies you like personally, with some kind of asian stir fry sauce. Cook all together on the stove.
  • KevinWH87KevinWH87 Posts: 66Member Member Posts: 66Member Member
    I loosely followed this recipe and it was delicious: https://damndelicious.net/2014/05/30/pf-changs-chicken-lettuce-wraps/

Another go-to for me is stir fry. Use bean or legume-based pasta for fewer carbs and extra protein, your favorite veg, and chicken. Throw in some soy sauce and sesame seed oil at the end for flavor. Super easy.
  • jenchamb1jenchamb1 Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
    I recently made a white chicken chili based on a few recipes I found on pinterest. Basically shredded chicken, white beans, corn, green chilies, broth, cumin, cayenne, chili powder and a couple tablespoons of rf whipped cream cheese.