Mfp glitches

2»

Replies

• DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    QuickAdd hasn't been working properly for weeks. It just says "saving" forever. If you exit that page, it turns out the calories did get added. (It's not my computer or browser as this happens at work and at home.)

Have also had various errors on the website like the main page not loading (at all), exercise calories getting added wrong like 3 calories for 30 minutes of kickboxing even when the right number was displayed when I checked the box to add the exercise, etc.
  • 811mimi
    811mimi Posts: 14 Member
    Hey all - confirming the issues from yesterday with newsfeed and server errors was temporarily fixed and started reoccurring overnight. We are looking into it and will post updates here:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002205272-Announcements-and-Terms-of-Use

I found this message using another search engine for MFP. Hopefully, they get things working again. Thought you all may want to see this. It was posted at 1:40 on 12/22/19. It looks like MFP is aware of the problem.

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    To be fair to the programmers, most sites shut down completely when making updates. They are obviously attempting to keep some functions up and running while making changes. And working during the holidays to be ready for the new year.

I'm not sure about this. The site has always been incredibly buggy. I doubt this was planned. The newsfeed disappeared for literally weeks earlier this year. They have a "the site is down for maintenance" thing that the could throw up if it was that. But I think it's just things breaking, like normal. Could be or could not be related to the implementation of badges.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    This is Alex's answer in another thread.
    Alex wrote: »
    Hey all - confirming the issues from yesterday with newsfeed and server errors was temporarily fixed and started reoccurring overnight. We are looking into it and will post updates here:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002205272-Announcements-and-Terms-of-Use

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    I can't access my food diary at all. Same yesterday, though it did come back a couple of hours later.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    My info on MFP on my iPhone and iPad aren’t synching. I’ve been using the app on both for over five years and this is quite unusual.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    MFP's technical problems are waaaaaaay beyond "glitch" at this point.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 527 Member
    edited January 2020
    Feed is down again on both the mobile app and the computer site. SMH, they seriously just can't get it together! HOWEVER, you can still log food, and on the computer app you can add exercise... but once you've added, you can't go back later and add another exercise, it just gives error messages. The exercise thing has been driving me nuts for WEEKS now, but the feed just went down again this morning. SO glad I never paid for this app!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    poisonesse wrote: »
    Feed is down again on both the mobile app and the computer site. SMH, they seriously just can't get it together! HOWEVER, you can still log food, and on the computer app you can add exercise... but once you've added, you can't go back later and add another exercise, it just gives error messages. The exercise thing has been driving me nuts for WEEKS now, but the feed just went down again this morning. SO glad I never paid for this app!

Ugh, that "can't log second exercise" issue was driving me crazy last year but I thought it was finally fixed :s
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Had a "bad" day yesterday and I log on today and it says I have no friends..... cute mfp LOL .....
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I log my exercise like today for example. I logged 700 or so cal for spinning and weight listing and it now says 35 cals? I am just gonna ride this out and hope it corrects itself.
  • thescouselander77
    thescouselander77 Posts: 31 Member
    MFP has been really glitchy for me this week. It keeps telling me I haven't logged meals when in fact I have. It also keeps resetting my macro targets which is very annoying.