8 week weight loss challenge

Replies

• holli1ch
    holli1ch Posts: 673 Member
    13 members !!!
    Great !!!

Don't hesitate to add one another as friends to keep your supporters as close as possible ;)
    Stronger together, right ?
    :)

lx9n5z23ckgy.jpg
  • treebd
    treebd Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would like to join in! Just started a couple of days ago and want to stick with this... Consistency is my key to success. I can do this. I just can’t quit. Day four and I’m starting to wish I could eat crap.

SW 198.6 (1/19/20)
    CW 196.4 (1/22/20)
    GW 178.6 (8 weeks from now)

1/20 197
  • tonicaguirre
    tonicaguirre Posts: 1 Member
    Starting this a little late, but better then never :smile:

SW = 175
    GW = 145

1/22 = 175
    1/27
    2/3
    2/10
    2/17
    2/24
    3/2
    3/16

Wish me luck
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    I'd like to join! Today's my birthday, and I am now exactly one year away from "the big 6-0"! Would like to be at my goal weight by then, but will be happy for any losses in the next 8 weeks!
    Starting weight: 214.4
    Goal weight: 155-160

Happy Birthday!!!
  • I am interested in joining.
    CW 170
    GW 145
    Getting married in May and need motivation!
  • Paaaaaamm
    Paaaaaamm Posts: 6 Member
    I am interested in joining.
    CW 170
    GW 145
    Getting married in May and need motivation!

Congratulations!!
  • Paaaaaamm
    Paaaaaamm Posts: 6 Member
    I'd like to join! Today's my birthday, and I am now exactly one year away from "the big 6-0"! Would like to be at my goal weight by then, but will be happy for any losses in the next 8 weeks!
    Starting weight: 214.4
    Goal weight: 155-160

Happy belated birthday!
  • SweetPeaPal
    SweetPeaPal Posts: 15 Member
    Daily check-in. Flying out of town for 4 days. Fortunately it's for a pickleball tournament so plenty of cardio each day. Squeezing in one last lifting session in my gym this morning.

1/19- 226
    1/20 - 224
    1/21 - 222
    1/22 - 222
    1/23 - 222
  • SweetPeaPal
    edited January 2020
    The timing of this could not be more right! I was doing really well until my mom had serious health issues. Much time in hospital with stress and take out added up. I finally was getting back on track when my rotator cuff blew while doing a plank and a very close friend passed. I have spent the last couple of months doing nothing and eating ALL the carbs.

I'm not posting weight but rather progress (seeing that number will pull my head out of the zone).

Stress eating can be brutal. Try to keep busy, even if it's a mindless activity that keeps you away from unwanted food. Don't focus on your starting weight, it's where you end up that matters.

Each day give yourself a goal (or 3) for the next day, doesn't have to be big. Treat them like a doctor appointment or something important that you can't miss. Write them down and cross them off. Seeing them accomplished can be great motivators for the next day.

I hear you about your rotator cuff. I had my shoulder replaced about 14 months ago. Sat around for 7 months doing rehab and while I have great range of motion my strength is still low. What I can lift in the gym is a fraction of what I was used to doing but it gets better, day by day. Focus on the progress, big or small.

• losnmymind
    losnmymind Posts: 12 Member
    I've been "stuck" for several months now. Maybe this will help...

SW = 235
    GW = 135

1/22 = 177.6
  • SweetPeaPal
    In 2018 I was in fairly good shape. I got lazy, broke my shoulder, was drinking more, etc... I slowly gained 38 lbs. I saw Christmas pictures of myself and decided to get into the best shape of my life.

Photos can be a brutal a great trigger for the "Screw It factor" (the point where you say "Screw this, time to make a change"). I was in the same boat, had my shoulder replaced in Nov 18 and sat around getting lazy while rehabbing it. I can keep making excuses for why it will take a long time to regain my strength or I can start now and move forward.

• SweetPeaPal
    mcmbesada wrote: »
    I know what I have to do, but suggestions are welcomed

What are you doing, e.g. for nutrition, training, etc.? How are you tracking progress, e.g. scale (how often), photos, etc.?
  • SweetPeaPal
    edited January 2020
    The importance as photos for tracking your progress. Most people use the scale to track how they're doing with their health/training/physique goals but it can be shite as feedback. The scale will tell you how much you lost/gained but not what (water, fat, muscle, glycogen, bodily waste, etc.). Still use the scale, just don't rely on it.

A much better source of feedback are photos. Take them every every couple of weeks. Not saying you have to post them, just have them handy to compare how your body is responding to your nutrition and training programs. They're invaluable because you won't see the daily, gradual changes in your body composition. Here's an article I read a while ago about the importance of photos for feedback:
    Most of the time it happens by accident. A camera comes out at a party or family event and starts snapping away. Later, you see the photos and wonder who that fat guy is in the tight shirt.

About .08 seconds later you realize that fat person is you.

The human mind has a large capacity for self-deception and ego-protection. Cameras don't. And while you often hear "the mirror is the best physique evaluation tool," the camera is even better... and more unforgiving.

If you're serious about this physique augmentation thing, you're going to have to do the dirty deed: get a camera, don't flex or pose, and take a few pics from the front, side and back, maybe a couple while training.

This could very well be a painful experience, which is exactly why you need to do it. Nothing gets you back on task like the unsuspecting uppercut of reality.

Most weight trainers see what they want to see in the mirror, whether they're aware of it or not. Beware the mirror of the mind. Take the psychological blinders off and really evaluate yourself, both physically and mentally. Photos accomplish both tasks nicely.

So ask yourself, "Am I just dicking around with my goal of having a muscular, hard body or am I serious?" If you're serious, you'll get out the digital cameral, web cam, or 35mm and start taking pics. You'll do it shamelessly and you won't try to manipulate the lighting or posing to comfort your poor wittle ego.

Don't wait unit your cousin shows you the pics he took at Christmas, the ones that make you wonder who that fat (or puny or skinny-fat or whatever) guy or gal is. Conduct your own reality check. You may be a "before" even if your mind tells you you're an "after."

Don't sweat it too much though. This photo record may be initially painful but it can also be hugely rewarding. Since we look at ourselves daily in the mirror, it's often tough to note slow and steady progress, especially for experienced lifters who are long over their rapid "newbie gains." The photos will light your way, and you'll likely be very pleased when you look back at last year's pics.

The camera — cruel, horrible, relentless *kitten* that it is — will set things straight. Do it.
  • SweetPeaPal
    losnmymind wrote: »
    I've been "stuck" for several months now. Maybe this will help...

SW = 235
    GW = 135

1/22 = 177.6

What are you doing for nutrition and training? Are you tracking your calories/macros?
  • SweetPeaPal
    Q: What's the best workout?
    A: The one you will actually do. ;)

What are folks here doing for training/activity? If your goal is fat loss (different from weight loss) then training isn't created equal. Some types of training are far superior to others but if you're not going to do it then it doesn't matter. Start with finding what works for you and go from there.

Mine:
    • Weightlifting 3-4x per week. This is my primary driver for fat loss and cardio (along with a dozen other health benefits. Friend: What do you do to work out? Me: I lift weights. Friend: What do you do for cardio? Me: I lift weights faster. :p
    • 20-min HIIT session on the bike on non-lifting days
    • I play pickleball several times/week, almost every day in the summer. Tons of fun and great way to burn some extra calories. <3
  • GVTGigi
    GVTGigi Posts: 6 Member
    Good Morning - i would love to join this challenge
    SW - 119
    CW - 116
    GW - 105
  • rlucas1100
    rlucas1100 Posts: 1 Member
    I’d like to join 🙋🏻‍♀️
    SW: 212
    CW: 186
    GW: 145
  • treebd
    treebd Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, my name is Linda. Got my blood sugar down this morning.. happy me! I couldn’t be more happy! 🎈 It’s my whole reason for dieting. (It’s not perfect but I’m showing great progress.)
  • icky1613
    icky1613 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in I just started a few days ago

SW: 162
    GW: 145

1/20: 162
    1/27
    2/3
    2/10
    2/17
    2/24
    3/2