• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    55jamieb wrote: »
    Beards are good!!!

So let the record show!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    MrAcavano wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

I don’t care if it’s considered shaming. I prefer women without beards. There, I said it.

Sonofa
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member
    The day I brought home our Maremma puppies.

jn60e6vy7nik.jpg

The puppies!!!!!! 😍
  • IAMGREATBEARD
    IAMGREATBEARD Posts: 126 Member
    Serious work beard 😂
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Yes, the beard is good and attractive. Keep it.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

Sorry, ladies, I have to agree on this one. Some (certainly not all) of you expressed some pretty harsh opinions of mens beards on a thread full of men WITH beards...like an opinion is one thing, being harsh is another.

Think of it like this, there is a thread about women who LIKE to get tattoos or peirce their tongue and you see a man goes on that thread and says something like "I dont like women who have tattoos. I think its gross and it makes them look dirty." Oh, boy...here we go! A man INSULTED a woman.

That's hypothetical of course, it wouldn't happen, because men are smart enough to know not to do that unless that are trolling.

Sorry, ladies, I have to agree on this one. Some (certainly not all) of you expressed some pretty harsh opinions of mens beards on a thread full of men WITH beards...like an opinion is one thing, being harsh is another.

Think of it like this, there is a thread about women who LIKE to get tattoos or peirce their tongue and you see a man goes on that thread and says something like "I dont like women who have tattoos. I think its gross and it makes them look dirty." Oh, boy...here we go! A man INSULTED a woman.

That's hypothetical of course, it wouldn't happen, because men are smart enough to know not to do that unless that are trolling.

Also agree; also a woman. Beards are cool, but if you don't like them, that's fine, too, BUT.. no need to insult beard wearers with generalizations and statements that aren't true.

I think beards are awesome, but I'd be willing to date/marry/sleep with someone who couldn't even grow facial hair. It's not a deal maker/breaker for me. Just a delightful perk, like glasses. :tongue:

So which opinions were offensively worded in your opinion?
  • TwitchyMacGee

Hmm, without getting into specifics (not looking for arguments), I'd say making generalizations about the cleanliness of long beards counts as being assumptive and kinda insulting. A person who keeps a long beard is no less likely to shower than or take care of their facial hair than a person who doesn't. That's kinda in the same general category (to me) of assuming that a woman who has long hair or a "bush" is automatically going to smell "funky" simply because they have hair on or around their genitals. Which is just preposterous.

There are a few others in here I would point out, but won't because again, not looking for an argument and they are quite blatant and discriminatory. IE. It would be very obvious who I am talking about and I'm not into starting drama over beards. :lol:

Gotchu. And i can see your point.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    sarahjen92 wrote: »
    I honestly was indifferent before I started dating my boyfriend. Until then, I mostly dated guys with no facial hair or a lot less. He has a pretty sweet beard going on and I love it now :D

And to the people who worry about cleanliness....don't. You can have a long beard and still stay clean. Having a beard doesn't make you a slob... No hatin' just cause you don't know how it works :p

I dated someone with a beard, now I find it hot...and it has lots of advantages 😬
  • isalsayourface123
    MrAcavano wrote: »

I don’t care if it’s considered shaming. I prefer women without beards. There, I said it.

😂😂😂RUDE!
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member

Also agree; also a woman. Beards are cool, but if you don't like them, that's fine, too, BUT.. no need to insult beard wearers with generalizations and statements that aren't true.

I think beards are awesome, but I'd be willing to date/marry/sleep with someone who couldn't even grow facial hair. It's not a deal maker/breaker for me. Just a delightful perk, like glasses. :tongue:

My answer goes kind of along the same lines as Galactica with that question. Her example was better than mine, but same point to get across.

I also didnt call people out specifically because then I'm no better. I just think its important for people to remember men have feelings too. Opinions are fine, but I believe we should take regard for others feelings when we voice them (i.e. just dont do it disrespectfully)

I have a preference on beard size/length myself, but I would never make the assumption someone is dirty based on the length of their facial hair.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I honestly was indifferent before I started dating my boyfriend. Until then, I mostly dated guys with no facial hair or a lot less. He has a pretty sweet beard going on and I love it now :D

And to the people who worry about cleanliness....don't. You can have a long beard and still stay clean. Having a beard doesn't make you a slob... No hatin' just cause you don't know how it works :p

I dated someone with a beard, now I find it hot...and it has lots of advantages 😬

#thighbrush
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »

#thighbrush

#thighbrush indeed
  • isalsayourface123
    edited January 2020
    uggins311 wrote: »
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »

#thighbrush

#thighbrush indeed

👌

😜

• TwitchyMacGee
    edited January 2020

My answer goes kind of along the same lines as Galactica with that question. Her example was better than mine, but same point to get across.

I also didnt call people out specifically because then I'm no better. I just think its important for people to remember men have feelings too. Opinions are fine, but I believe we should take regard for others feelings when we voice them (i.e. just dont do it disrespectfully)

I have a preference on beard size/length myself, but I would never make the assumption someone is dirty based on the length of their facial hair.

The problem with not being specific is that it paints all contrary opinions with the same broad brush.

Eta: but I understand not wanting to start a war