Beards

Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    So which opinions were offensively worded in your opinion?

Hmm, without getting into specifics (not looking for arguments), I'd say making generalizations about the cleanliness of long beards counts as being assumptive and kinda insulting. A person who keeps a long beard is no less likely to shower than or take care of their facial hair than a person who doesn't. That's kinda in the same general category (to me) of assuming that a woman who has long hair or a "bush" is automatically going to smell "funky" simply because they have hair on or around their genitals. Which is just preposterous.

There are a few others in here I would point out, but won't because again, not looking for an argument and they are quite blatant and discriminatory. IE. It would be very obvious who I am talking about and I'm not into starting drama over beards. :lol:

Gotchu. And i can see your point.

Why so much hate?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    So which opinions were offensively worded in your opinion?

Hmm, without getting into specifics (not looking for arguments), I'd say making generalizations about the cleanliness of long beards counts as being assumptive and kinda insulting. A person who keeps a long beard is no less likely to shower than or take care of their facial hair than a person who doesn't. That's kinda in the same general category (to me) of assuming that a woman who has long hair or a "bush" is automatically going to smell "funky" simply because they have hair on or around their genitals. Which is just preposterous.

There are a few others in here I would point out, but won't because again, not looking for an argument and they are quite blatant and discriminatory. IE. It would be very obvious who I am talking about and I'm not into starting drama over beards. :lol:

Gotchu. And i can see your point.

Why so much hate?

I’m cranky like that
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Short facial hair, I really like. Like baby beards. As for actual beards it heavily depends on the mans face.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Not a fan, sorry. I don't like the way full on beards look. I think a little bit of facial hair can look nice, but I hate the way it feels. I would prefer my husband just keep his face shaved.

Right here. A personal opinion. Very clearly a personal preference without imposing on anyone else and yet you *kitten* think it’s ok to disagree shame. Go *kitten* in your hat.
  • IAMGREATBEARD
    IAMGREATBEARD Posts: 126 Member
    The still at work beard 😩
  • IAMGREATBEARD
    jis50g01kfd1.jpeg
    muxkd05bjmot.jpeg
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    cant wait for the day creep-staches come in vogue

this is actually my favourite type!
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    jis50g01kfd1.jpeg

Counterpoint
    5hv3mmnwdmdv.jpg

Personally, I find these arguments stupid as f**k. If you like growing a beard, or a man in a beard, cool. If not, cool. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I choose not to grow a beard or moustache because I find them to be more maintenance than shaving every day. When I was on the fire department, wasn't allowed to have facial hair such as beards or sideburns because it could prevent air tight seal from occurring with our masks.
  • IAMGREATBEARD
    jis50g01kfd1.jpeg

Counterpoint
    5hv3mmnwdmdv.jpg

Personally, I find these arguments stupid as f**k. If you like growing a beard, or a man in a beard, cool. If not, cool. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I choose not to grow a beard or moustache because I find them to be more maintenance than shaving every day. When I was on the fire department, wasn't allowed to have facial hair such as beards or sideburns because it could prevent air tight seal from occurring with our masks.

Mate it’s a bloody joke way to blow it out of proportion I and I don’t believe anyone else would challenge their job the challenges they face and their manhood geeze mageeze lighten up
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    jis50g01kfd1.jpeg

Counterpoint
    5hv3mmnwdmdv.jpg

Mate it’s a bloody joke way to blow it out of proportion I and I don’t believe anyone else would challenge their job the challenges they face and their manhood geeze mageeze lighten up

Typical, can dish but can't take. All fun 'n games until someone throws a counterpoint, then the red card of "It was just a joke, lighten up!" gets pulled. ;)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Fight! Fight! Fight!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Glad to see this thread turned into Facebook.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29af539b5f2e58f47614c24e2c7f6c6cc2047e1744&rid=giphy.gif
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    The only thing I am able to deduce here is that this is a very sensitive topic
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    nitalieben wrote: »
    The only thing I am able to deduce here is that this is a very sensitive topic

Yup, in light of all that plagues the world, the beard topic is right up there for sure! ;)

Kinda thinking I should hand out tea and offer back rubs.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    I saw a tee-shirt that said "Beards more pleasure for her". I thought it was funny.