Is upgrading to premium worth it?

Hi guys, it’s my first time here and to be honest I’m very much confused on how to use the app. Anyways, I took advantage of the 1month free trial on Find My Fitness and I was wondering is it worth it? Should I continue with the upgrade or just cancel and go to regular account?
:)

Replies

• LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Not that I ever heard of
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    I use it only because ads annoy me that much. I don't think I really use any of the "premium" features.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Honestly unless you're really interested in super dialling into your nutrition reporting (you can still see the info in standard app, just not as easily as in premium) I wouldn't consider it worth it.

You can do weight/calorie management, macro/micro nutrient management just fine in Standard.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I personally consider most of the premium features worthless for my purposes. Are they worth it for you? Only you can answer that.
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    I don't know anything in premium that I would even use. The base version is already very comprehensive. It may seem complicated at first but I find it quite intuitive after using it for a while.
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    I think if you're already finding it confusing, then the additional features in Premium are only going to confuse you further!

I've never done Premium, but after several years of learning more about how my body responds to different kinds of nutrition etc, as well as becoming progressively more sporty, I can see at this stage how it could be a useful tool someday.

If you're just starting, even keeping it simple may feel overwhelming- no point in making that worse :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    samonaban wrote: »
    Hi guys, it’s my first time here and to be honest I’m very much confused on how to use the app. Anyways, I took advantage of the 1month free trial on Find My Fitness and I was wondering is it worth it? Should I continue with the upgrade or just cancel and go to regular account?
    :)

What are your goals for using MFP?
    My goal was just to lose some weight and eat a slightly better, more thoughtful diet. The free plan, along with spending time here in the forums, worked beautifully for that.

If you don't have any other way to block ads and you are bothered by that sort of thing, I know some people find the ad free is worth the cost. But I'm cheap and just get used to ignoring :smile:

If your goals are more specific, that might factor into your choice.
  • EricaErica11375
    EricaErica11375 Posts: 1 Member
    How much is it after the free month? Can’t find it anywhere
  • cpstansburyuk
    cpstansburyuk Posts: 4 Member
    I use premium mainly for the in depth meal analasys. I used to eat a lot of quick, fast fix meals and found myself, once starting an office job gaining a huge amount of weight over the first year. When I started to look at the type of food, it's makeup etc I found it really help ballance my eating. This is clearly not for everyone as the basic version would now work as I have a better understanding of daily amounts etc. It's very much around, as others have said what you want from it.
  • cpstansburyuk
    cpstansburyuk Posts: 4 Member
    How much is it after the free month? Can’t find it anywhere

£7.99 in the UK. I guess its similar equivalent in the US and Canada