Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Hey, fun fact. . . Tell me a fun fact about yourself!

Replies

• imfornd70imfornd70 Posts: 552Member Member Posts: 552Member Member
    Soccer is my first love - played for 13 years had to give it up - my body just wasn't meant for the game after I started lifting
  • AriesFLAriesFL Posts: 812Member Member Posts: 812Member Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I was a child model & filmed a commercial with Bill Cosby, with a bunch of other kids. He was enormously unsettling. Fortunately, I've always been fairly intuitive & strong willed, so just stayed away from him, cuz his awkward & inappropriate over-attention & lack of personal boundaries creeped me out.

He seemed to sense my ducking & dodging to avoid being near him... I kept repositioning myself away from him, which annoyed the director, so was therefore deemed difficult... & he kept an eye on me (no pun intended), but finally left me alone. Eventually, they phased me out of the commercial, so I didn't appear in the final edit.

Stranger still, months later, I was asked back for a 2nd commercial with him, which I turned down... everyone chastised me cuz I was passing up $$ & I never said why (cuz the adults around me dismissed kids & their opinions, anyway, so I knew my words would fall on deaf ears), but I just didn't feel good about it.

Trust your instincts.

Oh wow. What a terrible thing to go through. Do you remember what the commercial was. I’m curious to see what it was. What a horrible thing to go through as a kid and adults not understanding.
  • Joeyd727Joeyd727 Posts: 880Member Member Posts: 880Member Member
    I'm addicted to brownies
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Posts: 7,011Member Member Posts: 7,011Member Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I'm addicted to brownies

May I refer you back to the “brunettes appreciation” thread?
    I was a child model & filmed a commercial with Bill Cosby, with a bunch of other kids. He was enormously unsettling. Fortunately, I've always been fairly intuitive & strong willed, so just stayed away from him, cuz his awkward & inappropriate over-attention & lack of personal boundaries creeped me out.

He seemed to sense my ducking & dodging to avoid being near him... I kept repositioning myself away from him, which annoyed the director, so was therefore deemed difficult... & he kept an eye on me (no pun intended), but finally left me alone. Eventually, they phased me out of the commercial, so I didn't appear in the final edit.

Stranger still, months later, I was asked back for a 2nd commercial with him, which I turned down... everyone chastised me cuz I was passing up $$ & I never said why (cuz the adults around me dismissed kids & their opinions, anyway, so I knew my words would fall on deaf ears), but I just didn't feel good about it.

Trust your instincts.

That’s amazing. And alarming. You had that gut feeling as a child and the adults around didn’t? Or ignored it? Good for you. Thanks for sharing. ❤️
    bz2018 wrote: »
    I don’t really care for a lot of things. I get tatted to feel something.

cqkc8sbqtopz.jpeg

Wow! That’s an amazing sleeve. The statement is kinda sad.....there are worse ways to feel something though so that’s good.
  • Joeyd727Joeyd727 Posts: 880Member Member Posts: 880Member Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I'm addicted to brownies

May I refer you back to the “brunettes appreciation” thread?

ocn9idy2xmuo.gif
  • _Miss_chievous__Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,565Member Member Posts: 2,565Member Member
    I'm not comfortable around clutter. I'm an extreme neat freak and can't lay down at night (peacefully) if there's a dish in my sink.

😅 I'm the same way.
    edited January 23
  • emeraldeyes2020emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 234Member Member Posts: 234Member Member
    I must have the voice of a child, when people ring up I get ask so many times if there’s an adult home they can speak to 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄
  • Craw0176Craw0176 Posts: 17Member Member Posts: 17Member Member
    I count the lines in passing zones, pee in squares and everything has to be an even number js were special in some way shape or form!!!
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Posts: 885Member Member Posts: 885Member Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Trust your instincts.

That’s amazing. And alarming. You had that gut feeling as a child and the adults around didn’t? Or ignored it? Good for you. Thanks for sharing. ❤️

You can replace the extras. The main talent is the $$$, especially a huge brand name. Plus, he was like that with all the kids. For some reason, I seemed to be the only one uncomfortable with it. If others were, too... they didn't let on, cuz they knew they'd be let go, like me. And, we're all there for the paycheck.
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 5,437Member Member Posts: 5,437Member Member
    i can literally read people’s minds
  • emeraldeyes2020emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 234Member Member Posts: 234Member Member

Ok what am I thinking 🤔
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 5,437Member Member Posts: 5,437Member Member

Ok what am I thinking 🤔

you are thinking about the coming weekend and whether or not u should make/break plans

and you are thinking about dinner tonight
  • s131951s131951 Posts: 3,348Member Member Posts: 3,348Member Member

Ok what am I thinking 🤔

you are thinking about the coming weekend and whether or not u should make/break plans

Oh, do me!
    s131951 wrote: »

Ok what am I thinking 🤔

Oh, do me!

u are wondering what gifts u have to offer the world beyond what u are currently doing, and then wondering if u even have energy to pursue a different path

and also you are thinking of dinner
  • s131951s131951 Posts: 3,348Member Member Posts: 3,348Member Member
    Wow, I wasn't thinking that, but I am now. That's pretty cool!