• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    B)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Kim NC- Mom was a big sweetnlow person so was raised on artificial sweetener so doesn’t effect me at all. I was skinny as a rail until JR.

My new sz 7 underwear are baggy now driving me nuts .Going to wait see if I go down more or not before more new stuff.Might nab some unused ones in Daughter room if she has any. I was sz 5 underwear before JR.

Amber Tx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited January 2020
    Okay. Starting from where we are. Will read back as and when.

Suzi: Your falling iguanas! 😂 😂 😂

Tina in CA: Rental property is so stressful, getting rid of it is often the best thing to do. It's worth it when it's over.
    Michele: Cute bear. Jess has done a great job.
    Rebecca: Awwww! Keep the Athena pics coming. She's such a cutie pie.
    Brenda: 🎂🥂🍾 Happy Birthday 🍾🥂🎂

We had a conference/lunch today. Was delighted to see that we had healthy options on the buffet. Yesterday I had a morning meeting, and then Playreading after lunch. (Agatha Christy - A Murder is announced. Great fun! I played Julia.

I have Latin Study group tomorrow then a leisurely weekend and a much less busy schedule next week.

Much felicitation to all.

☘️ Terri

Later: I wasn't quite as far behind as I thought 😂. All caught up.
    Heather: I think reading old diaries from my youth would discombobulated me too! You are a grave soul to revisit past traumas! ((( Hugs)))
  • 1948Peachy
    Michele ~ Like the bear and loved your squirrel.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Flu’s gone now we had 24hr luckily did not get JR only us adults. Lots of relatives got it none of us came in contact with each other. So flu going around wear your face masks avoid sick crowds. Hubby was able to go to work.Doesnt phase ne it’s the same symptoms as my stomach condition on a flare up day.

Today steak 🥩 in garlic butter,squash, baked beans,honey cornbread for lunch y dinner 1 serving each. Wryler’s lemonade y Gatorade Zero. Water of course . Unsweetened Apple pie filling y protein shake in unsweetened almond milk. If I decide I don’t want an item will minus the calories.Should go over today unless I decide I’m too full at dinner cut an item from the list.
    Should give JR something new to try.

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Terri Playreadind sounds like a blast!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Playreading
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2020
    Lisa: So sorry you had nightmares. I hope that was the last of them for a very LONG time. :heart:

Machka: I’m happy you found a template to help you organize your abstract. WTG!!! :flowerforyou:

Heather: We've had poo tests several times. Last go around the doctor wanted DH to have a colonoscopy. That was a few months ago. We had a conference with the surgeon’s staff and the results went to our primary care doctor. Nothing was worrisome. :star:

Karen in VA: Thank goodness for the supervisor at the SS office. The worker you started with was not up to snuff. I hope she was either retrained, lectured, or both. :grumble:

Allie: I’m sorry about your dead battery. :ohwell:

Yesterday we had a visit from a very longtime friend so that he and his wife could get some fresh sourdough starter from us. Michael talked and talked about people we don’t know, fishing expeditions with people we don’t know, and so forth. His wife is a saint! I hope they take good care of this batch of sourdough so that they can enjoy it for years to come. If not, I’ll have more to share. I'm even willing to put up with his reminiscence of things we're not part of once in a long while.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did Jari Love’s Get Ripped and Slim DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Amber – the applesauce might be worth it if you got a real good deal on apples or like it from a certain apple. Now the yogurt is definitely worth it.

Kim – what I do is freeze fruit and add it to the yogurt. Then, when it defrosts, it makes a sort of “juice” from the ice in the fruit.

Went to the Green Room today. We were pretty busy, especially early in the day. I bet they’ll be busy tomorrow since that’s the first day of tickets for the general public. Today it was just for Season Ticket holders

Fake sweeteners – I’m of the mindset “give me the real stuff or give me nothing”. This is just me but I don’t like putting something in my body that was made in a lab. I even avoid fat-free things. They many times need to up the sugar in order to make it palatable. But we’re all different

SuziQ – that’s interesting about the iguanas. I’d never heard that.

Brenda VA – happy birthday

I’m starting to get ready for FL. Made brownies to take and chocolate bran muffins. Going to make chocolate chip cookies to take. I may take the recipe for the brownies with me, not sure about that.

Working on this crochet Christmas tree skirt. I think my count is off, but it's so far down and I've ripped it out so many times that I'll probably just "fudge" it.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Katla - Michael reminds me of my 'difficult friend'. She goes on and on about people we have never met and have no interest in. :# Glad you had something wonderful to give them which made it worthwhile. <3

Our lentil and chorizo dinner was fabulous.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    Rebecca ~ The light switch art looks like fun!

Amber ~ Maybe you could slice the apples and dehydrate them in the oven. I love dried apple slices and they will keep well in the freezer (I think).

Missing my favorite soap (General Hospital) because to the Impeachment trials. Ugh! :s

Carol in GA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Today is National Pie Day!

(Not to be confused with pi day, which happens on March 14!)

"National Pie Day is a 'day to maintain America's pie heritage, pass on the tradition of pie making and promote America's love affair with pie.' It is a day to bake and eat pies, try new recipes, and give pies to others. Charlie Papazian, who later went on to found the Great American Beer Festival, started the day in 1975 in his classroom, while teaching in Boulder, Colorado. He chose his birthday, January 23, as the day of celebration."

Barbara - I got a chuckle out of "there are days when we have two 'B' sides." Between the beach and packing up the garage I missed a couple of strength training workouts and I felt like one big B side at the gym yesterday.

Katla - Glad you are having fun with the sourdough. A lot of people don't realize you can make your own starters. Important for me, because I'm not good at maintaining care and feeding of such things. (During the Amish Friendship Bread fad I practically ran and hid from my friends to keep from being gifted a starter!)

Rebecca - Oh, a bowl of warm tapioca sounds like an absolutely divine dinner. One of the rewards of being a grown-up is letting yourself indulge like that now and then!

Machka - That is a beautiful house. Love the porch, and the the woodwork.

SuziQ - All the news stories about falling iguanas are pretty entertaining! This morning someone on my Facebook feed had a big rat snake fall out of a tree in their yard due to the cold. Poor reptiles!

We had a lovely time at the beach last weekend. Seems like I do better if I get my toes in the surf now and then. There was a minor kerfluffle when we went to fill up the clean water tanks and discovered the drain plug had vibrated off somewhere along the way, but we bought a couple of gallons of water at the grocery store to get us by overnight until we could find a replacement plug and fill up. One important lesson about RV camping is that it's good to be easygoing.

This week is all about finishing with garage packing. I'm not sure how long it'll take to get the permits so demolition and construction can start, but I expect it to be pretty soon. We're getting close... hopefully by the end of this weekend it'll be empty. We're getting a lot of exercise hauling boxes!

I never met a pie I didn't like so maybe I'll do something pie-related for dinner.

-Yvonne in TX