What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Morning: 50ish min of yoga
    Evening: erg practice of what felt like death. Had I been a little more thoughtful and checked what today's workout was yesterday, I wouldn't have done that Zwift workout. Got good feedback from two coaches though and my sculling coach was very pleased with my splits. Even better is that I'm pretty sure I can bring those down.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    30 minutes on the TM and 2x500m row (the gym just got row machines and I am so happy about it!)

I've been dealing with cold/sinus issues and spent the weekend in bed. The past couple of weeks the most physical activity I've gotten has been shoving snow.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    1/23
    6-8 am:
    Strength: GTG HSPU
    HSPU - 5 x 2 (10)

6-7 pm:
    Warmup
    Yoga (10m)
    Strength: Pull-up Ladders
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 x 3 (108)
  • Kelstarr84
    Kelstarr84 Posts: 19 Member
    Did a 3 mile walk on my lunch break and I will do a work out from the Jillian Michaels app tonight.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    60 minute row again today. Just a bit harder than yesterday. 11.6K meters. HR capped at 145 or so. Was supposed to do an AT workout (hard long), but wasn't feeling great this AM, so felt it was wise to ease it up.

Around 60K meters on the rower in the last five days. Plus added in three lifting workouts this week. So that's a hard enough workout week for me!
  • canthony3505
    canthony3505 Posts: 35 Member
    Kettlebell swings in-between bites of lunch. Gotta squeeze in anything I can some days.
  • SweetPeaPal
    SweetPeaPal Posts: 15 Member
    Weightlifting this morning and a couple hours of pickleball tonight for some extra calorie burn
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Thur 1/23: Full body weight training and 36 min spin bike
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Barbell Push Press
    Set 1 : 65x5
    Set 2 : 75x5
    Set 3 : 85x5
    Set 4 : 95x5
    Set 5 : 105x5

Leverage Shoulder Press
    Set 1 : 50x8
    Set 2 : 60x8
    Set 3 : 70x8
    Set 4 : 80x8
    Set 5 : 90x8

Machine Assisted
    Set 1 : 45x8
    Set 2 : 35x8
    Set 3 : 25x8

Barbell Up Right Row
    Set 1 : 60x5
    Set 2 : 70x5
    Set 3 : 80x5
    Set 4 : 90x5
    Set 5 : 100x5

Rowing
    Calorie : 120 CAL
    Distance: 1600.0 meters
    Speed : --
    Lap/Rep : 414.0 Lap/Rep
    Duration : 00:13:00
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I've been under-motivated about posting workouts, but I'm still doing stuff, though at a much lower volume than before the holiday (by plan), more off days. Hitting my "150 minutes moderate or 75 vigorous" minimums handily, still; but not multiples of that as before the holidays. This week so far:

Sat: Shovel snow for an hour. ;)
    Mon: Machine row
    Tue: Spin class, lift
    Thu: Spin class, lift

. . . which amounts to 216 active minutes so far.
  • aokoye
    An hour and 5 min recovery ride on Zwift. An actual recovery ride, what a concept.
  • aokoye
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I've been under-motivated about posting workouts, but I'm still doing stuff, though at a much lower volume than before the holiday (by plan), more off days. Hitting my "150 minutes moderate or 75 vigorous" minimums handily, still; but not multiples of that as before the holidays. This week so far:

Sat: Shovel snow for an hour. ;)
    Mon: Machine row
    Tue: Spin class, lift
    Thu: Spin class, lift

. . . which amounts to 216 active minutes so far.

Yea even on weeks when I'm not doing a whole lot I hit 150 active minutes. I just went scrolling through the Garmin Connect app and I have to go back to the week of May 13th of 2019 to get to a week where I did anything other than just graze that at 154 minutes. And while I recognize that you're older than I am, I row/erg with more than a few people who are older than you are, some of whom workout more than I do (they also simply have more time...) ;)
  • leeanneedith
    leeanneedith Posts: 13 Member
    I did 90 minutes of Brazillian Jiu Jitsu (with Gi) in my BJJ class. I'm still a white belt, but they've bumped me up to the intermediate/advanced class. So I'm rolling with guys much bigger than me and more advanced, and I'm finding it very hard.

Physically it's such an exhausting sport, but there's something about BJJ that forces you to be completely modest, and it can even be disheartening. You just have to push yourself through the emotions to get better I suppose. I had to sit out 2 rounds because I felt like puking, but it was a good workout. I learned 3 new take-downs from standing.
  • i_fraser11
    i_fraser11 Posts: 35 Member
    It’s FlexFriday💪🏻
    Today, it will be boulder shoulders and traps for me. #winning
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I lifted on Thursday and yesterday. I did some combination of bench (max 50 kgs for sets of 5); squat (70 kgs for sets of 5); deadlift (110 kgs). This is all pretty light compared to my lifetime maxes, but it was my first time lifting in a while. My bodyweight is currently 64 kgs.

I also did facepulls, ab work, pistols, pull ups and some Olympic ring stuff. I find dips on the rings too hard - I am trying to banded ones to work up to them. They seem a lot harder than fixed dips.
  • aokoye
    Morning erg: 4x12min/2min rest slow rates (nothing higher than 20spm)
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    50 min spin with 6x4 min FTP intervals. I want to go back to bed.
  • quebooboo
    quebooboo Posts: 13 Member
    Everyone is so active and it's so inspiring (and a bit intimidating)! Today, I walked two miles while wearing my 28 lb infant, played just dance for 45 mins, and I think exclusively breastfeeding counts as a workout too 😅 I'll probably fit more activity in this evening. Till then, I've got a house to clean and laundry to finish!
  • aokoye
    quebooboo wrote: »
    Everyone is so active and it's so inspiring (and a bit intimidating)! Today, I walked two miles while wearing my 28 lb infant, played just dance for 45 mins, and I think exclusively breastfeeding counts as a workout too 😅 I'll probably fit more activity in this evening. Till then, I've got a house to clean and laundry to finish!

I think taking care of an infant counts as a workout.
  • quebooboo
    quebooboo Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2020
    aokoye wrote: »
    quebooboo wrote: »

I think taking care of an infant counts as a workout.

I should be as strong as an ox then! I stay home with 5 kids and homeschool them. Lol. It takes a lot of work to stay active believe it or not while juggling everyone's needs. I do get my steps in tho 😆