Replies

• FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    1/1-248.8
    1/7-246.6
    1/14-245.6
    1/21-242.0

good job. WTG! very good month for you. YAY!
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    @theleadmare I'm basically doing my own thing too. I'm trying to watch carbs because I have a tendency to have high blood sugar but otherwise, I'm just trying to eat a good balance of foods and trying to eat smaller meals and snacks often enough not to get hungry! Hot chocolate every night is a perfect treat. I have been drinking chocolate soy milk before bed. :)
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    1/1-248.8
    1/7-246.6
    1/14-245.6
    1/21-242.0

Look at you go Stella7x7! Nice job.

• eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    @theleadmare I'm basically doing my own thing too. I'm trying to watch carbs because I have a tendency to have high blood sugar but otherwise, I'm just trying to eat a good balance of foods and trying to eat smaller meals and snacks often enough not to get hungry! Hot chocolate every night is a perfect treat. I have been drinking chocolate soy milk before bed. :)

I'm doing low carb/keto. It has worked for me in the past and I'm trusting it will again. For me I think it mostly works because once I start eating chips or cookies I can't stop. I'm way better off just passing them up entirely. I don't feel I've been denied much since I can fill up on other things I love--like hummus and avocados. I have a whole fridge full of "safe" foods that I can grab when I start dreaming of nachos!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited January 2020
    @VeggieMeg71: I've been buying men's athletic shoes for years. I wear a 10 in women's, which is an 8 in men's, and they have a wider last and toe box, which helps not pinch my arthritis. If you're on the upper end in shoes, you might give that a try. A plain black athletic shoe doesn't look like one gender or another. (And I can't stand the ones that looked like Lisa Frank threw up on them anyway.)
    @stella7x7: GOOD JOB! Wow, you're really doing well!
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    1/1-248.8
    1/7-246.6
    1/14-245.6
    1/21-242.0

Woop woop! Great loss! Keep it up!

I'm still doing my thing. Not too much to report. I'm down three pounds in two and a half weeks, and I'm about 6 pounds away from where i stopped working out last summer. (My birthday rolled around and we went to disney world and i didnt step foot back in to the gym until this january LOL. But I feel like I look about 20 pounds heavier than that.
    My diet isn't specific either. I make smarter choices where i can, and otherwise eat whatever I want within my limit. If I want fried chicken, I make sure to make the best choices through out the day or work out a little extra longer. lol. I'm all about making smarter and more frequent healthy choice. I don't aim to cut anything out totally. After all, I do want this to be a habit that sticks. And I couldn't live my life forever without sweets and carbs.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Are most of you following specific types of diets? I'm doing Real Appeal, which isn't really a diet, but they have you focus on different healthy habits each week to try to make healthy lifestyle changes (hopefully on a permanent basis). The food diary on MFP can sync with the Real Appeal app, so that's how I ended up here.

I am counting calories. It has always worked for me... when I do it.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Yes, I agree @ladycopnh1. Unfortunately HR frowns upon punching people. I'm totally kidding! :D

My HR frowns on that too!! ;)
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    ❄️❄️ STARTING WEIGHT w/ MFP: 255 07/08/2019❄️❄️
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 235 01/06/20

Jan. 6: 235
    Jan. 13: 235
    Jan. 20: 232 woohooo!
    Jan. 27:

January Goal: 230

Hey guys, checking in real quick during my lunch hour. I read about 6 pages and the group has exploded and grown so much! I love reading all about your victories, challenges, daily routines, ideas... ya'll are an amazing group! Keep going because we are so worth it.

@ladycopnh1 - I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope things settle down soon. Hugs!

@FatimaStartsAllOver - thanks for checking up on me. :) I really appreciate it! I hurt my back while cleaning last Friday, LOL, so I haven't worked out since. My step count is so low. I laid flat on my back on the floor all weekend and early this week, but every time I feel like it's better, I hurt my back again. I started feeling better yesterday. I thought hard about heading to the gym today, but I think I better wait until I am 100%.

• KJR865
    KJR865 Posts: 31 Member
    Jan. 2: 261
    Jan. 9: 258.2
    Jan.16: 256.2
    Jan. 23: 253

Had some challenges with group meals at work this week but had better control and tried to balance it out with exercise as much as possible. Seeing some good improvement in my endurance on the elliptical trainer. Just need to get a little more consistent with exercise. Still talking myself out of it after long work days more than I should.

Wishing you all success this week!!
  • VeggieMeg71
    eppen5 wrote: »

I'm doing low carb/keto. It has worked for me in the past and I'm trusting it will again. For me I think it mostly works because once I start eating chips or cookies I can't stop. I'm way better off just passing them up entirely. I don't feel I've been denied much since I can fill up on other things I love--like hummus and avocados. I have a whole fridge full of "safe" foods that I can grab when I start dreaming of nachos!

Mmm...nachos. I have been thinking about putting nacho toppings on zucchini or something. I like to experiment with stuff like that!
  • VeggieMeg71
    1/1-248.8
    1/7-246.6
    1/14-245.6
    1/21-242.0

Woop woop! Great loss! Keep it up!

I'm still doing my thing. Not too much to report. I'm down three pounds in two and a half weeks, and I'm about 6 pounds away from where i stopped working out last summer. (My birthday rolled around and we went to disney world and i didnt step foot back in to the gym until this january LOL. But I feel like I look about 20 pounds heavier than that.
    My diet isn't specific either. I make smarter choices where i can, and otherwise eat whatever I want within my limit. If I want fried chicken, I make sure to make the best choices through out the day or work out a little extra longer. lol. I'm all about making smarter and more frequent healthy choice. I don't aim to cut anything out totally. After all, I do want this to be a habit that sticks. And I couldn't live my life forever without sweets and carbs.

That's my feeling exactly. And I definitely have a slow and steady wins the race attitude.
  • VeggieMeg71
    Hi, going to jump on this.

06/01 210
    23/01. 200

First time doing Keto. 😁

Sounds like it's working! :smile:
  • I was pretty proud of the way things went today. I spent a lot of time on my feet doing the shopping, and logged it as exercise cause my body thinks it is, and considered my other meals, and was able to handle the hungries by going out for lunch in the middle of the shopping. That may be how we handle this from now on, because I was able to have what I wanted (though it wasn't as good as I remembered/mine are better) and I feel really good.

Upped some of my weights. I think soon I'll have my legs to where I can start doing a dedicated lower body day. Arms and back are lagging behind but they were more deconditioned than my legs.
  • VeggieMeg71
    I was pretty proud of the way things went today. I spent a lot of time on my feet doing the shopping, and logged it as exercise cause my body thinks it is, and considered my other meals, and was able to handle the hungries by going out for lunch in the middle of the shopping. That may be how we handle this from now on, because I was able to have what I wanted (though it wasn't as good as I remembered/mine are better) and I feel really good.

Upped some of my weights. I think soon I'll have my legs to where I can start doing a dedicated lower body day. Arms and back are lagging behind but they were more deconditioned than my legs.

I think shopping can absolutely be exercise! It can certainly wear a body out! I'm glad you had a good day! :)
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Late weighing in because the batteries for my scale still haven't arrived. I may skip this week and weigh in next Wed. No big deal. I am absolutely shocked at how low my blood sugar readings have been, almost since day 1 of changing my eating habits. I have not formally done any exercise yet, I'm kind of testing my knee out, deciding what I can safely attempt. Tomorrow I plan on working my upper body, with weights. I just have to start!! It feels wonderful when I do it, I'm just lazy!