Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Hi I was wondering if it’s too late to join your group? I started losing weight about a year ago and am currently about 229. I also do low carb/keto.
  • jockette18
    jockette18 Posts: 26 Member
    Starting weight
    1/1/20 211.4 pounds

today weight
    8/1/20 =209 pounds = 2.4 loss
    15/1/20 = 205.6 pounds = 3.4 loss
    23/1/20 = 207 pounds = 1.4 gain

Not happy with this gain but i have had a few cheat meals creep in this week so understand why :(
    Back to tighten up the diet again.......
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    @CathyRocky, great news about your blood sugar!
  • VeggieMeg71
    celticck77 wrote: »
    I had a great non-scale victory (NSV) this morning; I wear a red shirt every Friday. I have this one shirt that I love but before I put it on I have to stretch it a little - and all day long I am pulling it away from my body because it is tight. This morning I put it on without stretching it and... it fits great!! Not having to pull it away. Mostly liking the way it looks (I can still see my belly pressing on the shirt - but not as bad). Very happy day for me!!

I'm a total shirt stretcher! Congrats! It's so nice when your clothes start to fit more comfortably!!!
  • VeggieMeg71
    First time sharing my weight....

Starting Weight: 255
    Jan. 17: 253.4
    Jan. 24: 249.8

While standing on the scale this morning.... all I could think of was wrestlers. Is this the way the feel? They want the scale to say what’s on their mind and pray it does before looking Down. How ironic we have to “look” down on weight.

New week, new mini goal.
    1. Drink min. Of 8 glasses of water per day.
    2. Drink a cup of water before I eat any thing.
    3. Between meals drink tea. ( plain tea, no honey, no sugar)

Ha! I guess drinking is my goal.

Last weeks goal was to log everything I ate. (I did it!! Yay!!) I probably should have done water first because having a count of what I actually ate sadden me. Though I learned.... my favorite sweet tea has enough calories to count as a small meal, plus ... I snack a lot.

Here’s to hydration.

Those sound like good goals. And it's so smart to just have a couple of new goals per week! You're doing great!
  • VeggieMeg71
    Snow day here today. Started out as a late start, so I thought I'd squeeze in 40 minutes on the treadmill, but while I was walking, I got the cancellation text, so I just kept on walking and doubled it! I watch Hart of Dixie on Netflix, but ONLY when I'm on the treadmill, so I got to watch 2 episodes. If I want to know what happens next, I have to exercise again! :D

The next goal for the day is to eat mindfully and not out of boredom while I'm stuck in the house all day.
  • cranae43
    cranae43 Posts: 7 Member
    I obviously dont know what I am doing, lol. I cant find my last post that had my weight light, can anyone help me? Just call me crazy. If not my last weigh in was on 01/22/20 at 308.4, gained a little this week, need to get stricter with my will Power, I keep sabotaging myself. Anyone know of tricks to not eat at night? Thank you
  • VeggieMeg71
    cranae43 wrote: »
    Just checked,
    01/01/20 310
    01/04/20 309.4
    01/08/20 308.4

Here you go!
  • Not eating at night: Eat enough for dinner. I find that if I distribute my calories more evenly over the day I do better. Then I make sure to have something with a little fat in it (hot cocoa with whipped cream) and about an hour after that I go to bed. If I stay up til midnight, I WILL eat again. And it will be fair because it will have been six hours and I'm legitimately hungry. If I go to bed at ten, I don't eat again until after my workout the next morning.

I know this, but do not always do this. (wry grin)
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    2020 start Jan 1: 245.2

Jan 3: 243.2
    Jan 10: 238.8
    Jan 17: 235.4
    Jan 24: 233.2

Weigh in day. I was happy with a 2 lb loss this week. Next week I have a bunch of challenges. First is spending the weekend with my in-laws. They are all great cooks! I will need a ton of discipline to get through the weekend without indulging in all that they are likely to prepare for us. And then on Thursday I have a celebration dinner with friends at one of my favorite restaurants. I know I need to plan ahead to avoid land mines. How do you all handle this--for example when visiting friends or family who love to cook for you? I hate to be THAT person who says "I can't eat this or that" but I've worked so hard this month I hate to give up ground. Hopefully the weather will be good so I can at least get out and get some walking done.
  • I am the person who says "I can't eat this or that" because of food intolerances. (None of them will kill me, but I will be a sad sick puppy.) I am also a cook who shows it with food.

Praise all the looks and smells lavishly. Figure out what you CAN eat, and eat it with enjoyment, and praise the cook, and if you have to go over on calories, well, you do, and it will be over soon. Focus on the conversation and the people you care about, and make it about that, not about the food.
  • JennDoingTheThing
    JennDoingTheThing Posts: 24 Member
    Hi I would love to join! Right now I am focused on getting under 200, which I haven't been in about 15-ish years. Then hopefully, down to 150 by the end of the year if I can manage it :)

Currently just tracking my calories mostly, not low carb or anything, though many days end up being lower in carbs anyway. I do cardio 5 days a week as well as the Bodyfit by Amy workouts on YouTube for a little strength training.

My goal for next week is to try to lower my sodium. I eat a lot of frozen/convenience food since I HATE cooking, which bumps my sodium a bit too high.

Starting weight: 233
    1/14 - 231
    1/21 - 228
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    eppen5 wrote: »
    2020 start Jan 1: 245.2

Jan 3: 243.2
    Jan 10: 238.8
    Jan 17: 235.4
    Jan 24: 233.2

Weigh in day. I was happy with a 2 lb loss this week. Next week I have a bunch of challenges. First is spending the weekend with my in-laws. They are all great cooks! I will need a ton of discipline to get through the weekend without indulging in all that they are likely to prepare for us. And then on Thursday I have a celebration dinner with friends at one of my favorite restaurants. I know I need to plan ahead to avoid land mines. How do you all handle this--for example when visiting friends or family who love to cook for you? I hate to be THAT person who says "I can't eat this or that" but I've worked so hard this month I hate to give up ground. Hopefully the weather will be good so I can at least get out and get some walking done.

My future in laws are the best cooks I've ever met AND Chinese. Which means, they get a little offended when I dont eat. I'm going over tomorrow for Chinese new year, and I would also like to be as good as I can especially since I havent been too awesome with my eating this week. I've learned to just eat slowly and engage in conversation, and they tend to not offer me more food if theres still some on my plate or notice I'm not eating much if we are talking. But also, honesty! Just say "thank you, everything is delicious, I'm just trying to better myself and lose weight and eat better/less." Luckily I have the excuse "I'm trying to lose weight for the wedding!"
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    bellanbear wrote: »
    Jan 1: 222
    Jan 8: 219.2
    Jan 15: 216.4
    Jan 22: 214.2

I forgot to post my weigh-in on Wednesday. I again had an up and down week. This week I had a hard time keeping control of my serving size, I have a tendency to eat 2 servings because 1 does not look big enough. Will be working on that this week. I also did not make my 96 ounces of water each day, but it is a goal I will continue to work on.

I do not post often but I do enjoy and get alot of inspiration reading everyone's posts
    I hope everyone has a good week, Thank you for your support!

We are right around the same weight! You're taking it off quicker than me though. /: I started 219 this month and I'm currently 216. Can I ask maybe what your workout routine is?

Ngl, I get a little disappointed when I see how quickly you all are losing weight compared to my own. I just have to remind myself I'm weight training 3 times a week as well so I'm also building muscle. At least I HOPE that's the case. Lol.
  • bellanbear
    bellanbear Posts: 34 Member

I forgot to post my weigh-in on Wednesday. I again had an up and down week. This week I had a hard time keeping control of my serving size, I have a tendency to eat 2 servings because 1 does not look big enough. Will be working on that this week. I also did not make my 96 ounces of water each day, but it is a goal I will continue to work on.

I do not post often but I do enjoy and get alot of inspiration reading everyone's posts

We are right around the same weight! You're taking it off quicker than me though. /: I started 219 this month and I'm currently 216. Can I ask maybe what your workout routine is?

Ngl, I get a little disappointed when I see how quickly you all are losing weight compared to my own. I just have to remind myself I'm weight training 3 times a week as well so I'm also building muscle. At least I HOPE that's the case. Lol.

I am not doing a workout routine right now. This month I have been focusing on drinking my water, staying in my calorie count and now serving size. Next month I will return to the gym and there I will do the treadmill (work up to elliptical) and a few of weight machines that I was using in 2018.
    I always lose weight quickly in the first month to 6 weeks, then it slows to a turtle's pace. That is when I usually start to feel defeated and give up. My super big goal this year is to "Stick To It"!!
    You are right you are building muscle and that can make a difference. But don't change what you are doing, you are doing Great!
  • JennDoingTheThing
    JennDoingTheThing Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2020

I am not doing a workout routine right now. This month I have been focusing on drinking my water, staying in my calorie count and now serving size. Next month I will return to the gym and there I will do the treadmill (work up to elliptical) and a few of weight machines that I was using in 2018.
    I always lose weight quickly in the first month to 6 weeks, then it slows to a turtle's pace. That is when I usually start to feel defeated and give up. My super big goal this year is to "Stick To It"!!
    You are right you are building muscle and that can make a difference. But don't change what you are doing, you are doing Great!

Same here! I am terrible at being consistent. I am fine for a few weeks, maybe a month or so. Then I start getting annoyed with no progress and just have more cheat meals until I give up. Trying realllly hard to avoid that this time.