Intermittent Fasting

Anyone in here doing an IF plan? If so, which one and any success yet?

Replies

• losnmymind
    losnmymind Posts: 12 Member
    I do a 24 hour fast once a week...trying to build up to do doing 2 a week. It has really helped me in ways other than weight loss, like understanding what real hunger feels like, self control, mental clarity, etc. I find that I eat reduced calories on those 2 days (essentially skipping dinner and then the following breakfast), but nothing crazy.
  • ErikaGirl1
    ErikaGirl1 Posts: 47 Member
    Definitely! I practice 8hr eating 16hr fast...I am having serious results! Not even 2 weeks...6 pds!!!😱 Loving it!!!

That’s amazing! Good job! Do you still calorie restrict on your non fast 8 hour window? Or just eat whatever you want?
  • atroanirbas
    atroanirbas Posts: 87 Member
    Definitely! I practice 8hr eating 16hr fast...I am having serious results! Not even 2 weeks...6 pds!!!😱 Loving it!!!

I have tried to do that 8/16 but I'm not consistent maybe I should try a different IF.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    I do both. 8:16 fasting and 24 fast. I like both and my body has adapted. I've had good results. I'm trying my first 36 hour fast (lunch to dinner the following day).
  • ErikaGirl1
    lgfrie wrote: »
    I've been doing 16:8 for seven months, combined with calorie counting/logging. I do 16:8 (or 17:7) six days a week or so, with a relaxed day on an as needed basis, when things come up that make it inconvenient to fast. I'm very happy with the approach, not just the results (65 lbs lost) but also how it's helped reshape my relationship with food and my self discipline. Honestly, this diet was not my first rodeo but it's the first that's worked for more than a month or two and it seems to still be going strong - I don't feel like I'm fighting to hang on or wishing that I could be off the diet for a day/month/forever. I'm really pretty happy with IF & how it lends structure to my food day, and anticipate staying on it indefinitely, even after I've gotten to whatever my maintenance weight is going to be.

That’s amazing! Good job!

• imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    im going to do it with KETO see how it all plays out
  • ErikaGirl1
    Intermediate fasting here, Eat one day and will not eat the next day. 3 weeks, 14.5 pounds down. I also cut all sugars, and I would say 90% or carbs out on the days that I eat. Started at 297, so I have weight I can lose. I am always dehydrated, so this actually works well, as the day that I am not eating I am consistently drinking water. I am hoping that by the end of this year to be 220 pounds (lower would be good, lol) at 6 foot 1 inches I am not grossly overweight, but I am a big man ;)
    That’s great! What would you say your meals are like on non fasting days? Is the weight loss with exercising too or just fasting?
  • ErikaGirl1
    That’s great! Good job!
  • ErikaGirl1
    I started September 17th. Every single day I do at least 16:8. I have gone as much as 22 hours. It has helped me tremendously. Doesn't matter where I am or who's eating around me I know after 12 I'm cool. I have lost over 50 pounds since. My HBP is lower and across the board I am healthier. Also it's sustainable. I love it I am just not disciplined enough to try it 2-3 days a week. Every day is a must for me.

PS I eat pretty much the same way. I am going to say "Keto Friendly" because I do eat some carbs (mostly Delightful lite bread because of the potassium). Typically I will eat at 12 or after then dinner and thats it. I try to shut down by 5 or 6pm most nights. My exercise is great on an empty stomach. I spin daily (I have a Peloton). Good luck!

Great job!!!!
  • GroundhogsDayAgain
    GroundhogsDayAgain Posts: 13 Member
    ErikaGirl1 wrote: »
    Intermediate fasting here, Eat one day and will not eat the next day. 3 weeks, 14.5 pounds down. I also cut all sugars, and I would say 90% or carbs out on the days that I eat. Started at 297, so I have weight I can lose. I am always dehydrated, so this actually works well, as the day that I am not eating I am consistently drinking water. I am hoping that by the end of this year to be 220 pounds (lower would be good, lol) at 6 foot 1 inches I am not grossly overweight, but I am a big man ;)
    That’s great! What would you say your meals are like on non fasting days? Is the weight loss with exercising too or just fasting?

I eat a little below my TDEE - haven't started exercising - the gym though takes my dues every month :smile: