The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    salleewins wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I have missed being here. I hope you will have me again. I have not been doing well. I fell into this habit again. I started up after a few disappointing things happened during my sister's visit. A 10 day visit was too long for one thing. I just can't have one glass. Day 2 here. Yes the guilt, the shame, the anger, the hiding of the cans and bottles, the depression......This is no way to live. The holidays and my birthday are very close together, too. I need to get this under control before then. I need to get further along in this counseling also. Drinking makes missing my son worse. There is just a lot more crying. Counseling is bringing up so many negatives, too. I decided to spread the sessions out a bit more. Thank you for listening.

Hi Salleewins! Of course, welcome back. We are here always. And you're never alone in your thinking and even if you spiral. It sure does happen. But thank God we can always try again and again.... I do think alcohol makes us even more depressed and anxious. For some of us, we are past the point of being a happy funny drunk. I am a crybaby, sometimes mean drunk.

Let us know how you're doing often. I did laugh so hard when @jent304 wrote salleewines. OMG that made many of us smile, I'm sure.
    @lc2761 Welcome! It can be such an emotional relief not to walk on that alcohol tightrope. Like someone on this thread said recently, it's exhausting trying to moderate.
  • RubyRed427
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Good morning all! Last time I posted in December, I was 8 days in again, but I gave up rather quickly around the holidays. However, I'm now at 21 days, which is the longest stretch since my 3 month stint that ended in June. I feel like a switch flipped- as if something changed in me that just said, 'I'm sick of it.' I had a couple thoughts/cravings in the first 2 weeks, but it was easy to dismiss them considering wanting to have another baby. I still think ' Do I really want to make it forever?' but I figure if I hang on long enough, the desire will go away and that thought may become a thing of the past. I'm pleased that I stuck with things despite no rapid weight loss or increase in energy. Hope everyone has a great AF day!

Awesome job! 6:45 am in Vegas another 24 💖 omg I had the worst night of sleep last night,it was awful hope I can get thru work ok

I feel for you. I didn't sleep well at all last night and today I was yawning and so tired. I hope tonight we both sleep better! <3
  • RubyRed427
    lloydrt wrote: »
    Hi Ruby Red . The student( drunk driver ) that killed my cousin is in jail as well....sad, he left a school party drunk and hit my cousin on his motorcycle head on at 2 30 am in the morning.....my cousin Scott was a stage manager for a theatre and was in charge of clean up and putting things away after the event is over...........He had 2 sons and one one on the way when he was killed....A hard working father that loved his wife and children........worked all the time to support his family, only to be killed so tragically

...I think the 17 year old driver was in the 11th grade. Not sure, but I think hes still sitting in prison.........sad. My poor aunt whose son Scott was killed by a drunk driver also had a second son who was t boned in his van by a drunk and killed him too.......she had to bury 2 sons about 8 years apart ..........and the toll its taken of her and the family is indescribable.....I am so thankful that I dont drink..........nothing can make me go back to what Ruby describes, about waking up with a racing heart and feeling horrible,.that is what happened to me when I drank 2 or more glasses of wine...........good luck to all, Ill keep you all in thought...

I'm just rereading your post tonight. It makes me so sad. But it is also important to hear how devastating drunk driving is.
  • MCinChicago
    MCinChicago Posts: 11 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 So inspiring!!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Wow Lorraine! Awesome! Congratulations to you!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Good Evening Everyone: Hoping it is a good one! <3

I decided to peek at my Quit Drinking app and am wishing I would have socked my weekly wine budget away cause I would have saved $3,472.00...I've been AF for 607 days and 18 hours LOL and have saved my liver & other vital organs 2170.5 glasses of vino...Now, that was the conservative guestimate when I set my stats up on this app...so we are looking at an average. Unbelievable to me though...my liver is doing cartwheels at the moment :D

Awesome to see this accomplishment!!
  • salleewins
    lloydrt wrote: »
    Lorraine..............My ASGOT, which is my liver enzymes has dropped from a moderate level of 44 down to 24..........awesome, my liver thanks me too.............I was a moderate drinker, not a heavy drinker, but noticed red flags.............waiting to have my 2 - 3 glasses of nightly wine or scheduling things to not interfere with it.............glad its in the past, best wishes to all

Great going!!
  • salleewins
    Aporia1983 wrote: »
    Today I have been sober for six months! I'm so proud of myself. This is the longest I've been sober in over twenty years and I can honestly say that I love it. I've rekindled my passion for fitness and healthy eating, I have more energy and sleep better and am completing goals that I've set for myself. It's cool to see this thread pop up today. Congratulations for all those who are living alcohol free for whatever reasons you have. It's a very individual choice. Mine was made because it was either get sober, or end up dead. Life is totally worth living!

Congratulations!!