8 week weight loss challenge

Replies

• treebd
    treebd Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2020
    My challenge to everyone today is to post a current real photo of yourself. It was hard but I did it. Post a reply to let me know you are still here with me. Monday weigh in is almost here. Keep it up and let’s keep this going. The Consistent Journey is my challenge title. What is your stick to it, challenge title? Give it a name. It might help others to know you have a project title as well.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Hey ALL !!!

Only 2 days til our First Weigh In as a Team in this 8-week challenge !!!
    Let's make this weekend a good, healthy, active and positive one and have a great weigh-in on Monday !

For those of you who also Daily Weigh-in-ers, if you don't know if already, I strongly suggest Happy Scale app or any of that type. As we all know, weight loss is NOT linear and is only ONE factor in our weight-loss. It can be a major reason for discouragement if/when the scale has a different idea of the progress we made.

Happy Saturday !
    Body Beast BULK - Legs when I get home from work tonight

What's your workout today ?
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    treebd wrote: »
    My challenge to everyone today is to post a current real photo of yourself. It was hard but I did it. Post a reply to let me know you are still here with me. Monday weigh in is almost here. Keep it up and let’s keep this going. The Consistent Journey is my challenge title. What is your stick to it, challenge title? Give it a name. It might help others to know you have a project title as well.

my challenge title is ""To win you've got to stay in the game. Claude M. Bristol" "
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    treebd wrote: »

I like this idea :)
    "What we think, we become" - Buddha :)
  • twl900
    twl900 Posts: 122 Member
    I'm in! I had a really rough 2019 and gained a lot of weight. It took me a while to get back into the weight loss mindset, but I finally feel motivated to do it.

SW: 160
    CW: 159
    GW: 120
  • holli1ch
    holli1ch Posts: 673 Member
    Did 40 min on my rowing machine and some stretching.

Great job!
  • holli1ch
    I’m in!! I need the motivation.

SW: 172
    CW: 171
    GW: 150

1/20-171
    1/27
    2/3
    2/10
    2/17
    2/24
    3/2
    3/9
    3/16

"Sunshine" you got this! Focus on your goal and keep looking forward!
  • holli1ch
    vq4qjwty5tfq.jpg
  • wenwenfroggie
    wenwenfroggie Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi. Super late to the party but I would like to join. I used to be in pretty good shape, but have slipped over the last 5 or so years. I work a desk job and sit long hours at a computer each week. Turned 50 last spring but have been struggling with middle-aged metabolism for several years now. I’ve been actively working on that for about a year now and decided to work w a trainer 2x a week, both for assistance in losing weight and as a way to actually GET myself to the gym. It’s working...slowly. I’m 5’3 and my highest weight was 160 lbs a little over a year ago. This morning I was 148.8 lbs. My goal is to get below 140lbs. Doesn’t sound like much but it is a lot easier said than done. Let’s do this!

Starting weight-148.8
    Goal weight-139

1/20-148.8
    1/27-
    2/3
    2/10
    2/17
    2/24
    3/2
    3/9
    3/16
  • SweetPeaPal
    SweetPeaPal Posts: 15 Member
    Hi. Super late to the party but I would like to join. I used to be in pretty good shape, but have slipped over the last 5 or so years. I work a desk job and sit long hours at a computer each week. Turned 50 last spring but have been struggling with middle-aged metabolism for several years now. I’ve been actively working on that for about a year now and decided to work w a trainer 2x a week, both for assistance in losing weight and as a way to actually GET myself to the gym. It’s working...slowly. I’m 5’3 and my highest weight was 160 lbs a little over a year ago. This morning I was 148.8 lbs. My goal is to get below 140lbs. Doesn’t sound like much but it is a lot easier said than done.

The last 10-lbs can often be a challenge b/c you have less fat to lose. Tightening down your nutrition program will be key and stay focused on your goals.

Does your work allow you to have a standing desk? That's way healthier than sitting all day. The research on the effects of long-term sitting shows significant health risks. My job is also pretty computer intensive and I've had a standing desk for 12 years. I know use a balance board to keep my body engaged.

Good luck!

• wenwenfroggie
    wenwenfroggie Posts: 8 Member
    I totally agree that tightening my nutrition is key. I’ve been trying really hard to maintain healthy calorie intake and regular exercise. Eating more whole foods, as well. I work from home now and went out and bought my own sit/stand desk because it just started to drive me crazy to sit so much. I have not tried a balance board. Hmmm.
  • sunshinedaydream21
    sunshinedaydream21 Posts: 62 Member

1/20-171
    1/27-172 boo!
    2/3
    2/10
    2/17
    2/24
    3/2
    3/9
    3/16
  • holli1ch

1/20-171
    1/27-172 boo!
    2/3
    2/10
    2/17
    2/24
    3/2
    3/9
    3/16

Don't beat yourself up over this. Remember this is a marathon not a sprint. Make a decision for each day and stay focused. You CAN do this.
  • SweetPeaPal
    SweetPeaPal Posts: 15 Member
    I totally agree that tightening my nutrition is key. I’ve been trying really hard to maintain healthy calorie intake and regular exercise. Eating more whole foods, as well. I work from home now and went out and bought my own sit/stand desk because it just started to drive me crazy to sit so much. I have not tried a balance board. Hmmm.

There are a few ergonomic factors in play with a standing desk (cushioned mat, alternating your stance, etc.) but I switched to a balance board. Found it more engaging for my core and it eliminated changing your stance or needing to be on a mat. When I worked from home I had a treadmill desk which was amazing!
  • rodnichols69
    rodnichols69 Posts: 83 Member
    Tell us about your weekend. Did you stick to your plan or slide a little?
  • holli1ch
    Tell us about your weekend. Did you stick to your plan or slide a little?

Stuck to my plan, ate under my calories, stopped eating before 6pm, walked treadmill for 30 minutes, and logged my food.
  • Paaaaaamm
    Paaaaaamm Posts: 6 Member
    Monday weigh in!

SW - 165
    CW - 163
    GW - 140

1/20 - 164
    1/27 - 159
    2/3
    2/10
    2/17
    2/24
    3/2
    3/9
    3/16
  • addokai
    addokai Posts: 68 Member
    addokai wrote: »
    I'm in. Feel free to add me

CW - 91kg
    GW - 84kg

1/22-91kg
    1/27-90
    2/3
    2/10
    2/17
    2/24
    3/2
    3/9
    3/16
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Happy to see that I'm heading in the right direction.....down!
    1/20...........214.4
    1/27...........212.4
    Yay!