Workouts

Replies

• 19Hunter88
    19Hunter88 Posts: 63 Member
    Bodybuilding workouts here. Everything is in the 15 to 30 rep range while pyramiding the weight.
    Monday = chest
    Tuesday = back
    Wednesday = hamstrings
    Thursday = shoulders
    Friday = arms
    Saturday = quads
    Everyday = 30 minutes of cardio
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    19Hunter88 wrote: »
    Bodybuilding workouts here. Everything is in the 15 to 30 rep range while pyramiding the weight.
    Monday = chest
    Tuesday = back
    Wednesday = hamstrings
    Thursday = shoulders
    Friday = arms
    Saturday = quads
    Everyday = 30 minutes of cardio

Hamstrings...quads 😍
  • isalsayourface123
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I’m a runner so, I just run 😂

In the past I’ve added some lifting, yoga, etc, but lately I just gotta get that run in. Those endorphins save. me. 😅

Yaaasss. How often and mileage?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    Have to do seven miles today according to my schedule. Got to get out of bed first.
  • isalsayourface123
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Am I the sidekick????
  • isalsayourface123
    MrAcavano wrote: »
    Have to do seven miles today according to my schedule. Got to get out of bed first.

6 for me...maybe I'll match you mile for mile
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Well I just did about 4 miles in 35min, I had too...

You guys inspired me, nothing feels better...
    I'll always be a heart and lungs guy

I'll just be sitting around doing nothing but letting the inflammation subside now 😂
  • isalsayourface123
    Well I just did about 4 miles in 35min, I had too...

You guys inspired me, nothing feels better...
    I'll always be a heart and lungs guy

I'll just be sitting around doing nothing but letting the inflammation subside now 😂

I'm about to start my run ...in 3, 2, ...
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    I use to do a *kitten* ton of cardio every day, and still believe that for overall health and longevity, cardio trumps weightlifting... There is no more important muscle in your body than your heart and keeping it as healthy and strong as you can is the key to better health...

However all the running really does break down your joints if you abuse them too much...

It got to the point where I just couldn't do it every day, nor as long as I had before... Besides at this point I'm mostly focused on aesthetics, I just want to look my best, I know shallow but whatever 😂...

Last time I allowed myself to gain weight, not falling off the wagon but trying to get bigger... I knew it was going to be a different ball game trying to get leaner again because I wouldn't be able to just run it off every day, especially if I wanted to preserve muscle...

It was going to take crazy control over my diet... So that's what I focused on and was able to get leaner then probably ever without all the cardio...

Now I really do about 15m a day of hiit... And I never thought I'd ever hear myself say that

If you like hiit, check out Heather Robertson's stuff on youtube. I try to do 2/week at least 35 min (prefer 40+) workouts she's posted. Add an hour dance cardio class a week for fun.
    https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Heather+robertson
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member

In the past I’ve added some lifting, yoga, etc, but lately I just gotta get that run in. Those endorphins save. me. 😅

I’m an endurance junkie, a distance runner, so my mileage is crazy. I pretty much run daily, anywhere from 6-13 miles. I’ve been running like this for well over a decade, and my knees and joints are great 🤷🏼‍♀️

On average I clock about an 8 minute or so mile.

It really does keep me sane lol 🙈
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

I’m an endurance junkie, a distance runner, so my mileage is crazy. I pretty much run daily, anywhere from 6-13 miles. I’ve been running like this for well over a decade, and my knees and joints are great 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don't know how the hell you do that...

I was doing 8 miles every morning for like a year and changed careers... Before I was at a desk, now I get about 10-17k steps a day and a ton of stairs at work every day and my knees just couldn't keep up with it...

Hurt one of them pretty bad deadlifting and was limping on it for several months... It's honestly never been the same but I've been able to work around it fairly well...

I take joint supplements as well... I figure the only thing else I can do is eat more and sleep more to help with recovery...

Your fast...
  • sdenness9925
    sdenness9925 Posts: 254 Member
    fq8hdlp6fjxb.jpg

I dont feel so welcome in the running thread so I'm starting my own in chitchat were I feel comfortable.

Today- 4 mi
    Goal for the week-20 mi
    So far...10 miles completed

Month of January...I didnt set a goal...I need to.

Beautiful
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Doritos bicep curls.
    200 reps or to failure.
  • isalsayourface123
    Doritos bicep curls.
    200 reps or to failure.

:D I did pringle dips to failure haha
  • isalsayourface123

I dont feel so welcome in the running thread so I'm starting my own in chitchat were I feel comfortable.

Today- 4 mi
    Goal for the week-20 mi
    So far...10 miles completed

Month of January...I didnt set a goal...I need to.[/quote]

Beautiful [/quote]

Thsnks sir!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member

I don't know how the hell you do that...

I was doing 8 miles every morning for like a year and changed careers... Before I was at a desk, now I get about 10-17k steps a day and a ton of stairs at work every day and my knees just couldn't keep up with it...

Hurt one of them pretty bad deadlifting and was limping on it for several months... It's honestly never been the same but I've been able to work around it fairly well...

I take joint supplements as well... I figure the only thing else I can do is eat more and sleep more to help with recovery...

Your fast...

I don’t take any supps or anything, aside from a multi and a probiotic. I’m really short, so maybe everything’s just more compact or something. Genetics + a *kitten* ton of conditioning? I’m super thankful I’m able to run like I do.
  • IAMGREATBEARD
    IAMGREATBEARD Posts: 126 Member
    Just finished back and biceps tonight felt like crap all day but got that session out and also ran 6km 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
  • isalsayourface123
    Just finished back and biceps tonight felt like crap all day but got that session out and also ran 6km 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Amazing! Good job. Just starting my monday.