Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• JennDoingTheThing
    JennDoingTheThing Posts: 24 Member
    If it helps, I have always been someone with a stupid "whoosh", which I don't like lol. Some people see the weight come down super slowly, like 0.5 lb or less per day or something. For me, my weight will be the exact same for like 5-7 days, then suddenly one morning, the 2-3 lbs I lost that week show up all at once. It can be hard to get through those days, but as long as you're at a deficit, you're doing what you're supposed to.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    edited January 2020
    eppen5 wrote: »
    2020 start Jan 1: 245.2

Jan 3: 243.2
    Jan 10: 238.8
    Jan 17: 235.4
    Jan 24: 233.2

Weigh in day. I was happy with a 2 lb loss this week. Next week I have a bunch of challenges. First is spending the weekend with my in-laws. They are all great cooks! I will need a ton of discipline to get through the weekend without indulging in all that they are likely to prepare for us. And then on Thursday I have a celebration dinner with friends at one of my favorite restaurants. I know I need to plan ahead to avoid land mines. How do you all handle this--for example when visiting friends or family who love to cook for you? I hate to be THAT person who says "I can't eat this or that" but I've worked so hard this month I hate to give up ground. Hopefully the weather will be good so I can at least get out and get some walking done.

If you can maybe take a very small portion of some of the things you love. If there are things you knpw will be too much stay away from them.
    Hopefullt a simple "wow that all looks so good, there is no way I can eat it all" When out to dinner I now split my plate in half. You can even ask for a box "to go" and move it. I have 'forgotten' to take that home with me alot.
  • FishyMom33
    FishyMom33 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey! I'm new here and am over 200 lbs. I feel like having people with the same struggles/issues as me would greatly help. Obviously someone who wants to lose just 5/10 lbs would not understand the struggles I am facing. I am 260 currently, but 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital for a whole week and lost 20. That was a bit concerning but the dr didn't seem bothered by it since I was on an all liquid diet. Now that I'm out, I would like to try and change my eating habits and what I eat. Actually, I HAVE TO! When I was in the hospital, they diagnosed me with Crohn's disease. It's been a real struggle to figure out what my trigger foods are & how to cope with them.
  • @FishyMom33: Keeping the food diary will help you a lot. There's space in there for you to put notes, so note down any symptoms you're having. That will let you figure things out.

That's how I figured out my IBS triggers several years ago.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    @FishyMom33 So sorry to hear about your hospital stay and your diagnosis! I think @theleadmare 's suggestion is a good one. Know that we are all here to support you on your journey!
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    CathyRocky wrote: »
    Rocky and I would love to have company for dinner, anytime! Tonight we shared a small sirloin steak, cooked medium rare, brown rice and broccoli. He won't eat rice or most veggies, although he likes sweet potatoes.

Today was a very big day for us. I adopted two cats from our local shelter and brought them home this morning. They are brothers and have been at the facility for over a year. There are 165 more cats there waiting for furever homes. I have no idea how Rocky will react when he realizes they are here. I have them in the third floor, with access to a bedroom on the second floor. Their names are Buster and Bruiser. I will very slowly introduce them, through a secure baby gate, and in the end I think they will be great friends.

So, day seventeen. My blood sugar readings are the best they've ever been. I'm being so thoughtful about what I put in my mouth and it shows. I can't wait to see my Dr in March and show a decent weight loss and much improved A1c reading.

I'm so happy to have this group to check in every day. You ladies are the best!

I would like to congratulate you on your two new little additions....how very kind of you to give them a home. That really made me smile when I saw your post. I volunteer with a cat rescue.
    Also, just wanted to say that I will be going to my Dr. in March. Hopefully, my A1C will be much better than when I went 2 weeks ago. I have been checking my sugar at home, it looks good so far. I did let my weight go out of hand the last two years, and I know better. Anyways, that was a wake up call. Fingers crossed that we can do this. Take care....Jan
  • VeggieMeg71
    @theleadmare I just noticed your post about the shoes. I also wear men's shoes. I wear 11.5 (US women's) in athletic shoes, and they are hard to find! The blister I'm dealing with is on the inner side of my heel, so I think the problem may be that in the heel, the men's shoes are a bit wide, but in the toe box they're perfect. I am trying out some new socks (Wrightsocks) that have a double-layer construction to reduce friction, and they seem to be helping! They were not cheap, but I would pay quite a bit to keep from getting blisters! I've already tried all of the suggested lubricants and so on. Fingers crossed that the socks will keep working!
  • JennDoingTheThing
    What is everyone's thoughts on "cheat meals". I have decided to allow 1 of them like every 2-3 weeks. Weekly seems too often for me, as I'm not sure I would see much progress. But I want the option for when I am having insane cravings for something, or when I go out with friends or something. It's tricky though because I don't want to get back into the groove of eating junk constantly.
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    What is everyone's thoughts on "cheat meals". I have decided to allow 1 of them like every 2-3 weeks. Weekly seems too often for me, as I'm not sure I would see much progress. But I want the option for when I am having insane cravings for something, or when I go out with friends or something. It's tricky though because I don't want to get back into the groove of eating junk constantly.

I personally dont like the phrase "cheat meal" because it doesnt work for me. I eat what I want so long as I'm in my calorie range. I balance it out by making healthier choices the next day, working out a little longer, or healthier choices the day of if I'm planning ahead for something unhealthy. I couldnt imagine depriving myself of the tasty things I love. I LOVE food. My fiance and future in laws are all huge foodies. I prefer moderation over cheat meals. After all, this is a life style change. Not just "for now diet."
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    I'm here,too, just haven't had much to report. Still waiting for the batteries for my scale to arrive from Amazon. Eating on point, feel pretty good.
  • JennDoingTheThing
    jockette18 wrote: »
    My husband has just booked a cruise for my big 50th birthday in Novemeber, exactly 41 weeks away.
    So this is more incentive than ever to lose 1 pound a week..........:)

How fun! And great motivation :)
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    dtm0bexqleg4.jpg
    Worked out for at least 30 minutes for 28 days in a row, and I couldn't be prouder!

That's great!!! But do remember to let your body rest!!
  • VeggieMeg71
    Thanks @SarahMWong15 ! Some of those days were just 30 minutes of treadmill at 2.5 mph, just a leisurely stroll. I have a job where I sit pretty much all day, so without some deliberate walking, I could end the day with fewer than 5000 steps. A colleague keeps telling us "Sitting is the new smoking."
  • JennDoingTheThing
    @JennDoingTheThing: At first I did, but as I've gone on, I've learned non-food ways to nurture and reward myself, and I have the experience to know that nothing is as good as the first few bites, taste-wise, and that I've gotten my capacity way down. I just cannot physically consume that much any more at one time. Since I'm going to log what I eat anyway, I discover things like...oh! I can have a side of onion rings with a single hamburger and keep within my calorie margin! I can eat three barbecued baby back ribs and half a serving of corn pudding! And knowing I can, without any more planning than I'd put to my daily cooking, lets me say, "Yeah, barbecue's tasty. Maybe next weekend we can plan a trip," and be okay with eating within my margins when I get there. I remember eating an entire slab of ribs. I know I cannot do it, so it's okay not to do it.

I kind of noticed the same thing, which I was super relieved about. I decided last night to get Cheesecake Factory. I ate maybe 1/4 of my dinner, and like 1/2 of the piece of cheesecake. I never would have left behind part of ANY dessert, but I was over it pretty fast.