WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    I weighed but didn’t post. Extremely frustrated bc I am back up to where I started. 218.0. I’ve increased my workouts but my eating has been off. My husband quit doing this with me and I have vented (stress ate) bc of it. 😢
    I know we all want to pretend it isn't so when there's a gain :disappointed: But I can just about guarantee that every person on this team (and all the others) has had some times when the gains happen, the diet is hard to control because of stress, discouragement, and just because food is quite wonderful. But pretending isn't too helpful, so hats off to you for putting that number in! Fessing up and making it real will win you some great ideas and plenty of virtual hugs and encouragement. Take a serious look at the intake side of the equation, find a way you can stick with. There are SO many to try, and they won't all work for you - and even the one you like best won't always be easy to stick with. Let the experiments and commitment begin!
  • jugar
    Terytha wrote: »
    Sunday weigh in: 200.6

Point six! The scale hates me. *sigh*
    Oh well. I got my whoosh so my complaint is made with a smile I can't stop.

Sorry I've been so quiet. It's been incredibly rough lately. I feel better after spending yesterday doing absolutely nothing. I needed the recovery day pretty badly.

ZEROS. Look at the ZEROS!!! You are going to see a bunch of 999999s really soon! So even though the 9s are taking their sweet time, you needed that rest. Hugs to you!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Sorry, I'm really behind in checking in!

Steps
    Wed 11,630
    Thurs 13,477
    Fri 16,412
    Sat 9,165
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    One thing I’m doing to keep myself sane is to use a trended weight rather than point to point. Because sometimes on weigh in day we just have a bit of water one day that we didn’t have previously..

I’m using an app on iPhone called True Weight if you’re interested.,
  • jugar
    deniners2 wrote: »
    SW:163
    PW:156
    CW:152 😲

I worked out a lot this week. Burned about 600 cals yesterday followed by blood donation. Not the smartest move. I was wiped out! Surprisingly, I made it through my workout today despite lack of energy.

I've been eating 1200-1300 cals/day burning 200-600 cals/day. The worst part of food tracking for me right now is counting my tortilla chips for nachos. I want to just eat out of the bag until I stop!

*** Faithfulness is hard, but doing the math works! ***

I admire lots of you here! I only have husband, work, & church to keep my busy.

Keep doing the math even when you don't want to, feel like it, or even care. ❤

I needed this competition as motivation to do what I already knew. Thanks to the leaders for running this!

This is fantastic! What a great week - and commitment. Thanks for your inspiration, and the reminder that it is math. Just math. Oh - and eating less!
  • jugar
    Well - a lovely day it was!
    I got a lot of walking in today with the dog of dad. She is always glad to go off on a good jaunt and the sun was shining all day. We went to a local forest park with trails, which was wonderful, but then just had to go out again later.

And it is also that time when new members sign up for next month, so I have been busy! We probably won't get any new members since we are the biggest team at the moment :smiley: but they all need to be assigned and settled in. And then we'll already be done with January soon! Where does the time go?

I have not been doing super well with eating - staying in someone else's house with all their snacks is hard! And the dog wants popcorn! And there are so many nuts!

Sigh. I'll get through it :neutral:

Weigh-in update --
    Due for today:
    @ddmiddleton2
    @jfp420

Due Tomorrow (Monday):
    @ElleBellesTheoBear
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @reflectionofme
    @Juliemargaretkim

And be sure that @micki48 has your steps! Thanks everyone - you're all amazing, as you know :heart:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    @micki48 3,400
    New job starts tomorrow plus making good food choices.
    I was a little surprised when I went over my goal by 100. Geez!
    I’ll chalk it up to getting into anxiety mode instead of “doing what I’m doing while I’m doing it” frame of mind!
    More soon. Sleep tight!
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Done! We had some impressive losses - and here are our own top 3:

@cory17 in 1st place! Well done! After a time of no losses, you are on a roll :smiley:
    @mrs_chivonne in 2nd! You have been green EVERY week this month! Seriously impressed!
    @mrsjar5311 in 3rd! You recovered after a bad week - and you are 4.8 pounds down for the month so far!

Tiaras all around. Wear them with a goofy smile :grin:

Whoop, whoop!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    PW 154.5
    CW 153.6

Sun Steps- 7321
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    I am excited for my lunch today, well the whole week.. This week is taco salad.. I made the meat yesterday, and put it in individual containers, I don't put it together till lunch time, but I put it over spinach and top with Cheese and salsa, I don't use chips most of the time to save calories.. If I remember I usually pick up some cole slaw mix to add to it, and that works for my crunch, but it's still yummy without it... I can eat the same thing everyday for lunch, it doesn't bother me, but I know there are others who can't do that.

Today is a kinda down day, only yoga which I did this morning and walking to get my 6k steps.. Toby my big ole puppy has a vet appt after work, It's just for his yearly check up and vaccines, nothing is wrong with him...

Yesterday, I did strength, yoga and a long walk at the park, the yoga was fairly easy, I did restorative, so it was alot of stretching... The strength, I'm just not sure, I mean there is part of me that thinks it's not enough, and then there is part of me that thinks it's fine... I don't know, I am going to stick with it for the 4 weeks, it's a 30 day program I took from MFP so I guess it's sufficient..

On a side note: I have a big NSV... My resting heart rate has always been in the mid 80's well on Jan 1st it was 87... Today it is 78 ! I am hoping to get it down to the 60s.. So even though the scale isn't budging as much as I would like it to, I do have proof I am doing something right !

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    qa5495clds5e.jpeg

And the step winners are...

🥇First place-@mrsjar5311 93,540
    🥈Second - @KellyBgetsfit 85,259
    🥉Third - @offitgoes 70,886

These are impressive step numbers!!! 🎉🎉🎉👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👟👟👟👑👑👑

Thanks to everyone who got their number in on time. 👟💫🕰🕒

As a whole, our team walked 652,143 steps or 331 miles (533km)!!

👟👟👟👟👟👟❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

That’s equivalent to walking from London to Dublin and on. NYC TO Washington DC and beyond or almost from Calgary to Vancouver. (If we had all the numbers, we would have certainly gotten there. )

This is our last week for January. Let me know if you would like to continue on the step team and let me know your daily goal. And if you’d like to join us, let me know and we’ll be glad to add you.

Thanks to all our steppers. I hope you find it motivating. I’m going to increase my daily step goal to push myself a bit more. Not much but just a little reach. I encourage you to set a goal for yourself that you can reach with a little push most days. If we set our goals too unrealistically high, it can be self defeating.

Also if you are on Fitbit or any other step tracking app, there is a thread where you can connect with others in the F2F teams. I found @evangsimmons170 the other day. And we became friends on Fitbit. She challenged me to a couple daily walk offs and it sure was motivating and fun to see our progress throughout the day.

Keep on stepping.
    🎉👏🏼👍🏻👟💪🏼💫😀
  • micki48
    On a side note: I have a big NSV... My resting heart rate has always been in the mid 80's well on Jan 1st it was 87... Today it is 78 ! I am hoping to get it down to the 60s.. So even though the scale isn't budging as much as I would like it to, I do have proof I am doing something right !

@Gidgitgoescrazy How fantastic to see your heart rate come down like that showing you (and us) that NSV are just as important as those numbers on the scale. So happy for you and inspiring to us all, especially that commitment to exercise and food prepping.

I saw an interesting thing happen with my resting heart rate that made perfect sense, but I had never thought about it. When I was sick, I saw my RHR rise by almost 10 beats. At first, I was like what??? Then realized my body was fighting a virus. I could predict when I was on the healing end of it because I could see the curve go back downward. Now, that I am exercising, it’s going down further. Kinda cool. This journey is about all kinds of math, not just numbers on a scale.
  • micki48
    @micki48 3,400
    New job starts tomorrow plus making good food choices.
    I was a little surprised when I went over my goal by 100. Geez!
    I’ll chalk it up to getting into anxiety mode instead of “doing what I’m doing while I’m doing it” frame of mind!
    More soon. Sleep tight!

@evelynladams527 Congratulations the new job and great food choices. I hope your first day is great.

No worries about 100 calories one day. You’ll be fine. Let us know how it went.
  • micki48
    @Andreabroadley What great advice about following trending weight. When I hit my plateaus and even now when it comes off in tenths of a pound, it’s reassuring to see the trend which gives us a wider view of our journey. It helps ease the disappointment of not making those huge losses that some lucky, really hard-working people get. Even now when it feels like I’ve been in the 190s for 6 months (oh, wait! I have. Lol), it helps to see the downward trend of weight and BMI.

What non-scale ways/means do members of our team use to monitor the journey?
This discussion has been closed.